Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Armor Pierce

AuthorMessage
Champion
Aug 15, 2012
What is the highest amount of armor pierce a storm wizard can get at max level? Just Curious ...
Sarai Thunderstrider
Magus

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
With maintaining decent stats, you could probably get 5% from the Blackrain helm, 4% from Blackthunder Armor, 12% from Hades' Brimstone Boots, 5% from the Frosty Stare Tiki Torch or the Hades' Staff of Tempests, 6% from the Duelist's Daredevil Ring, and 6% from your pet. Total that up, it's at 38%. You could get 42% armor pierce with Hades' Armor of The Abyss, but you'd have no resist yourself.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Hades gear gives 30% pierce plus there are at least 2 pet talents that can add +5-6% each, +6% for the duelist ring, so 46-48% is definitely possible.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
seethe42 on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
Hades gear gives 30% pierce plus there are at least 2 pet talents that can add +5-6% each, +6% for the duelist ring, so 46-48% is definitely possible.
What talents are those? With 250 stats and no selfish talents, Armor Breaker maxes out at 3%. I haven't tried Armor Piercer.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Lucas Rain on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
What talents are those? With 250 stats and no selfish talents, Armor Breaker maxes out at 3%. I haven't tried Armor Piercer.
My mistake, it was assumption. I have never pursued the talents, but my pets that have them give 3% with stats not close to maxed, in about the same way Pain does with attack boost. That maxes out at +6 when I fully train stats, so I assumed the same.

Defender
Dec 16, 2009
seethe42 on Jun 5, 2014 wrote:
that is way to much armor pierce. pierce shouldn't go above 20%.
are they increasing resist?. to counter this insane amount of pierce?.
or did KI not think again. when they did the stats on gear again?.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
AngelicWolf1337 on Jun 6, 2014 wrote:
that is way to much armor pierce. pierce shouldn't go above 20%.
are they increasing resist?. to counter this insane amount of pierce?.
or did KI not think again. when they did the stats on gear again?.
lol why would they increase resist? Jade resist and immunity are the reason for all the pierce being needed in the first place. In order to have high pierce you sacrifice resist so it's a choice. Highest pierce gear still only gets through part of any decent universal resist gear. All the high pierce does is make shields a part of the game again, instead of relying only on resist.