Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about the story, how long does it take?

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
One thing I have wondered about Wizard101 is how long the first arc/second arc happens over. I don't want to know how long it takes in game time, but if you were your Wizard, how long does this adventure take you? A week? Two weeks? A month? A year?

Defender
Mar 02, 2009
It's never stated, but my guesstimate would be a year for arc one, three months in Grizzleheim, and by the end of it, maybe a year and a half for arc two?

Survivor
Dec 19, 2012
What does it mean when you state 1st Arc/2nd Arc. I don't understand?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It would have to be several years realistically. Though it only takes 1 month in game time to finish the existing srpiral, there's no way any wizard could fight so many back to back battles without rest.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Robobot1747 on Apr 15, 2014 wrote:
One thing I have wondered about Wizard101 is how long the first arc/second arc happens over. I don't want to know how long it takes in game time, but if you were your Wizard, how long does this adventure take you? A week? Two weeks? A month? A year?
It all depends on your game play style and how many side quests you do as well as how much time you play each day. The entire story can be done in less than 6 months; less for some and probably more for others.

Explorer
May 22, 2011
rtdv on Apr 18, 2014 wrote:
It's never stated, but my guesstimate would be a year for arc one, three months in Grizzleheim, and by the end of it, maybe a year and a half for arc two?
Well, I would have to completely disagree! If you buy two months member, and work very hard, you can get from level 1 to 95. I finished Marleybone in a day. The First arc should take you a week and a half with doing all the side quests. Second... Two and a half maybe?

-The General

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
General Jack Squat on Apr 19, 2014 wrote:
Well, I would have to completely disagree! If you buy two months member, and work very hard, you can get from level 1 to 95. I finished Marleybone in a day. The First arc should take you a week and a half with doing all the side quests. Second... Two and a half maybe?

-The General
I think you missed the point of the question. It was how long did it take our wizards in the story, not how long it takes in real time. It can be finished in about 6-7 weeks, but obviously our wizard doesn't just go to school, travel through 12 worlds completely, and learn to become a Promethean Wizard all in under 2 months. Just the walking around in Mooshu would take months if it were real. As for your 1.5 weeks and 2.5 weeks timetable. That's not possible unless you play 24/7 with no sleep for a full month. The amout of time to complete only the storyline quests is about 1 month in-game time. Making it impossible to do in one month, even playing 12 hours a day would take 2 months.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
@erica I mean how long does the first arc take and how long does the second arc take?

@RavenLady @Jack Did you guys even READ the OP? I want to know, if you suddenly were transported into the game as a level 1 novice wizard, how long would it take you to defeat Malistaire or Morganthe?