Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Starting battle with three power pips?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 16, 2014
Ok, so I have seen a couple high level wizards that start with three power pips. I battled with a few and I see them start with three every time! I'm very confused (Not in PVP).

I read online that it's not possible and it's only for PVP.

I already tried it with the wands, and I never start out with three power pips. (Power pip chance: 78%)

If there is gear that actually let's you start with 3 power pips:

1. Where can I get one?
2. Can I craft some?
3. Where is the best place to get the recipe?

Molly ShadowHunter
Lvl. 75 Transcendent Pyromancer

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
You cannot start with 3 power pips in PvE. I'm guessing that you saw this happen when you joined a battle late. If you were standing there in the battle but missed first round, they passed or cast a 0 pip spell, when you started they had 3 power pips. But it was second round for them. The upcoming Khrysalis part 2 update has decks that add another pip, but it is a regular white pip not power.

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
As you most likely know, there are some wands that give plus one pip at the beginning of a battle. Some extremely rare wands, my brother has one, give you plus 2 pips. I am not sure about this but there might be some gear as well. Do not worry, they weren't hackers, just lucky people

Hope this helped
Grace

Delver
Jun 17, 2011
I might be wrong, but i believe the 2 pip stuff is obtainable through card packs and battle drops