Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Horrible balance blade...

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2010
I have a balance wizard and I always wonder why balance has a 25% damage boost and here we have death and ice getting 40% more than balance even with sharpen blade. People have told me "Oh you get spirit and elemental blades free." Yeah we do, but you rarely see a balance casting a hydra, chimera or spectral blast on enemies. Most balance like myself use powervova, sandstorm, ra, judgment e.t.c

I am not saying balance is bad, i personally love it just curious about the blade. Tell me what you think, and please no hate comments

- Noah

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
As Balance we get 2 blades, 25 and 20. Yes all other schools have higher boosts, but let's explore why.

An ice wizard has 40 blade but faces 30, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 shields possible.
A balance wizard only faces 30, 50, 55.

The fact that there are no shields against Balance is a big strength and the reason we don't need bigger blades.

lvl 95

Defender
Jul 24, 2011
I think it would be more fair to have a Balanceblade like it is for Balance because it has a mastery on all schools. Use Chimera, Spectral Blast and Hydra more!

Cole GoldenFlame, Level 37 Pyromancer

Explorer
Aug 25, 2012
seethe42 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:
As Balance we get 2 blades, 25 and 20. Yes all other schools have higher boosts, but let's explore why.

An ice wizard has 40 blade but faces 30, 50, 55, 70, 70, 75, 75, 80, 85 shields possible.

The fact that there are no shields against Balance is a big strength and the reason we don't need bigger blades.

lvl 95
Don't forget 35% shields..(legion shield TC)

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
I think it's also worth mentioning that since balance blades can be used with any school, higher percentage blades would to drastically effect their ability to aid other schools. I have learned that balance is an amazing school because (as previously mentioned) basically only towers and legions can stop their attacks, and they can aid other schools when necessary (my wife made a balance character so we could quest together, i had my own characters way before she joined though)

Balance is a great school on its own but when teaming up with even one other wizard from any school they instantly become practically unstoppable in PvE

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl50
John FrostShard - lvl38

Bambi swings his axe for me again
I Deer Knight

Champion
Jan 27, 2010
I use hydra and spectral blast all the time however judgement will always be my most used spell because it's one of my favs.

Survivor
May 09, 2010
seethe42 on Apr 5, 2014 wrote:

lvl 95
Last time I checked mobs never ever use 85, 55, 70, 75 etc. Yes I know they do use it till about mooshu and a little of dragonspyre but from then on the only thing to worry about is a -50 tower shield, and thats only when facing ice, and isnt balance supposed to be a support school? it would make sense if the blades added at least 35% (without sharpen blade) it would be more helpful towards baance wizards and other players.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Jack The Ice Guy on Apr 10, 2014 wrote:
Last time I checked mobs never ever use 85, 55, 70, 75 etc. Yes I know they do use it till about mooshu and a little of dragonspyre but from then on the only thing to worry about is a -50 tower shield, and thats only when facing ice, and isnt balance supposed to be a support school? it would make sense if the blades added at least 35% (without sharpen blade) it would be more helpful towards baance wizards and other players.
Later in the game enemies (especially bosses) begin using the dual school shields (for example, storm bosses and enemies may start to use "Thermal Shields" which block fire and ice"

ALSO, balance is NOT a support school, they operate well as a support school, but it is not the place of balance to make everyone else's schools stronger. Most choose to but they are a class all their own and should be treated as such. And like previously stated, since their blades stack with others, the 25% blade is more than enough to compliment any other schools blades.

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl52
John FrostShard - lvl47

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."