Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What am I doing wrong?

AuthorMessage
Oct 30, 2009
I'm currently trying to figure out if there is one aspect of character building I've done really wrong as I find myself dying in places I've completed before. For example I went back to Lord Nightshade as a level 19 and died... I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to why my performance is so bad and just to note, this my first time using the forum.

Journeyman Necromancer (Level 19)
1,120 Health, 163 Mana
2% resistance in all schools except Death at 10%
17% Pip Chance

Hat: Cap of Oblivion
Robe: Robe of Agitation
Boots: Crystalline Footwraps
Wand: Blue Raptor
Athame: Somatic Dagger
Amulet: Bogeyman's Pendant
Ring: Loop of Oblivion
Deck: Necromancer's Deck

Spells:
3 PIxie, 2 Troll, 4 Deathtrap, 4 Deathblade, 4 Ghoul (+1 from pendant) 3 Sacrifice, 3 Vampire & 3 Heroic Hit (from Wand)

If I've missed any important information please just ask as I really need help with this :)
Also, if this post is in the wrong area I would be grateful if someone could move it as I don't know where it should go.

__
Edited by Professor Greyrose. Your links were removed. Only sites that are on our official fansite list at https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/fansites can be linked to from our Message Boards.

Defender
Dec 08, 2012
Hello there, I will try my best on helping you. First off, surviving a battle depends on your fighting style and your stats. Weak stats makes it harder to survive while strong stats makes it easier. Getting good gear for levels 1-55 can be very hard to get from the bazaar so that's why when I gotten crowns, I bought gear from the Crown Shop for level 5 and so on until level 55 because at level 56, I can start to craft my gear and I'm a crafter kind of person so I LOVE to craft. First off, In terms of gear, as I've already mentioned above, try to get some Crown Shop gear that gives resistance if you have crowns or try to get gear from the bazaar that gives Death Damage and Death Resistance. The Death damage will help you on your attack on Lord Nightshade. Secondly, in terms of fighting styles, well, since you're death, you'll need a prism. Lord Nightshade is the most difficult boss for death with having 50% resistance to death. Did you know that Death enemies never casts a Life Shield? Anyhow, He's said to be the most difficult boss in Wizard City especially for death so pack in 1 or 2 prisms. The 20% Life Boost will help with killing Lord Nightshade. Try to train Tower Shield from Ice. Tower Shield will help reduce all incoming damage by 50% so that should be helpful to cast. Be Sure to cast a blade and trap before you attack and kill Lord Nightshade. If you want to cast the Death Trap, in order for the Death Trap to be used WITH the Death Prism, you MUST cast the Death Prism first before the Death Trap. Otherwise, the trap won't be used. Drain Damage spells are SUPER helpful as I use them myself so use Vampire as often as possible to attack.
Fun Fact: Did you know that Lord Nightshade drops all of the holiday items that you see from the NPC's that sells the holiday items such as the bunny costume, the St. Patrick related wands, etc.? You can find Lord Nightshades drops here. He also drops a few items that you'll find in the Crown Shop.

Hunter WaterSmith Level 95

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
2four on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:
I'm currently trying to figure out if there is one aspect of character building I've done really wrong as I find myself dying in places I've completed before. For example I went back to Lord Nightshade as a level 19 and died... I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction as to why my performance is so bad and just to note, this my first time using the forum.

1,120 Health, 163 Mana
17% Pip Chance

Spells:
3 PIxie, 2 Troll, 4 Deathtrap, 4 Deathblade, 4 Ghoul (+1 from pendant) 3 Sacrifice, 3 Vampire & 3 Heroic Hit (from Wand)

If I've missed any important information please just ask as I really need help with this :)
Also, if this post is in the wrong area I would be grateful if someone could move it as I don't know where it should go.

__
Edited by Professor Greyrose. Your links were removed. Only sites that are on our official fansite list at https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/fansites can be linked to from our Message Boards.
Go to the Bazaar and get Death School only gear. All will boost your health and power (at a minimum).
Get a Death wand.

Dump 2 pixies...you are Death and shouldn't need them.
Dump the trolls and anything Myth or any other school.

Deathtrap - 2 or 3
Deathblade 2 or 3
2-3 Ghoul
2-3 Banshee
4 Vampire

Keep your deck small, with only spells you need. You don't need a secondary school at all.

You should also have your level 20 gear ready to go... Death School only gear.

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I did that too on my death character and I think it was solely because I wasn't paying attention. Sometimes, you think you can ace something and really if you don't pay attention (to health, traps, etc.) then you can die easily. Also, if you didn't use a prism it may be harder than before.
Saffron Sandsword
Master

Neela Lotusflower
Legendary

Champion
Aug 15, 2012
I did that too on my death character and I think it was solely because I wasn't paying attention. Sometimes, you think you can ace something and really if you don't pay attention (to health, traps, etc.) then you can die easily. Also, if you didn't use a prism it may be harder than before.
Saffron Sandsword
Master

Neela Lotusflower
Legendary

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
2four on Mar 15, 2014 wrote:

1,120 Health, 163 Mana
17% Pip Chance

Spells:

__
I think I see the problem!
You have no death prism. Lord Nightshade has major death resist, so you'll want a prism to switch the damage to Life and get a boost.