Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Critical strike

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 23, 2011
Does 100% critical rating mean 100% it will do critical, so why do people have 322% critical or so on.

Administrator
https://www.wizard101.com/game/update-notes/october2010#Crit

Critical Hit Rating increase the player's chance of getting a critical hit.
Block Rating increases the player's chance of avoiding incoming critical hits.
Players will gain Critical Hit and Block bonuses from equipment.

You will also notice with these Critical and Block Statistics, that the Combat Rating System displays as a numeric value and not a percentage.

100 Critical rating does not equal 100% chance of casting a critical attack.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
No... it's a very complicated system, but 100 critical RATING is approximately equal to 20 PERCENT critical.

Robert Angleblade
Promethean Theurgist (L95)

Survivor
Jan 15, 2014
I was confused about this not too long ago. Here's a tip. If you mouse over your critical rating, you will see all of your gear that adds critical rating and a percent value. If you add up all of these percents, that is approx your chance of critting. Hope this helped!
Jacob Darkbringer
Grandmaster

Delver
Apr 21, 2012
This original message has been removed.
WAY overpowered and why do you bring it up here?

Delver
Sep 22, 2010
Having critical hit rating later in the game doesn't matter considering that most if not all enemy's block you so critical defense is the wiser thing to shoot for at higher levels ....

Thanks for Reading ....

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Silver Myst on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Having critical hit rating later in the game doesn't matter considering that most if not all enemy's block you so critical defense is the wiser thing to shoot for at higher levels ....

Thanks for Reading ....
Quite true, but since I am a life, and I do a lot of healing, I find critical to be a priority, but for attacking, yeah, I totally agree.

Robert Angleblade

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
Roberto Angleblade on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
No... it's a very complicated system, but 100 critical RATING is approximately equal to 20 PERCENT critical.

Robert Angleblade
Well stated. He is correct. I believe max Critical is what 550 or so? 100 critical is NEARLY = 20% critical chane at Level 95.