Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Unbeatable 4v4 PvP Combo From First

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 16, 2011
For the sake of simplicity, a team of identical death wizards all with myth mastery, 100 death damage, 20 pierce and starter decks go first...

Round 1: stun, sharpened death blade, sharpened spirit blade, amulet 45 death blade

Round 2: Tc spirit blade, Tc death blade, normal death blade, colossol deer knight

The initial deer hit plus the dot will do 10,289 damage base or 5351 damage vs standard 72 jade resist.

I realize someone could be death immune, have a disarm pet that could spam, or have stun resist, but that happening is extremely rare and the values are without critical...

In otherwords, unbeatable 97% of the time.

Btw, sorry if the spacing looks wierd. I typed this on my fone.

Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
That's a great strategy... I mean if they're unbeatable it's because they're really good, not because they're cheating or being unfair. I guess death has finally had a way to use their spells properly haha.

I don't know if you're complaining, because you shouldn't be.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
Not that unbeatable. Factor in that if you go second to the other team, you might already have a -20%-45% weakness on you. Maybe more if they successfully identify the death with hitting gear.

If any of them survive, no one on your team placed a life dispel or Doom & Gloom, so they end up healing and it's a wasted shot.

Survivor
Nov 12, 2012
They need to remove blade stacking and force people to use traps, I know this would make all the magus warlords scream, but stacked damage needs to get under control. I think people need to use more traps and setup more combos instead of big hits. KI needs to balance resist to prevent immune, give people a little more choices of pierce, crit, resist, damage, and health, so we can tailor our wizards to how we want to play. All choices should be viable and enjoyable with different ways of playing, and they should look at the current 'time to win" in the arena and address that.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
Eaos on Jan 19, 2014 wrote:
They need to remove blade stacking and force people to use traps, I know this would make all the magus warlords scream, but stacked damage needs to get under control. I think people need to use more traps and setup more combos instead of big hits. KI needs to balance resist to prevent immune, give people a little more choices of pierce, crit, resist, damage, and health, so we can tailor our wizards to how we want to play. All choices should be viable and enjoyable with different ways of playing, and they should look at the current 'time to win" in the arena and address that.
Remove blade stacking? Hopefully not. Blade stacking is the only way that low level walords can even hope to defeat high level privates, along with shield spamming. Traps can be stacked more than blades anyway; it is possible to put four stackable feints on the opponent at once, fairly easily. This would just benefit jade gear users, although they are dying out. Immunity is no longer a problem, as it is obvious if you watch or play high level pvp. Shrike and critical builds make even immunity almost useless. I do agree that the game should be more balanced, though. I should not be forced into a critical build that relies on luck to win at max level. I prefer to win because of skill, not because I'm luckier than my opponent.