Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PiP's

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2013
I have a level 72 balance character.
Her pips will not go past 7.

what's wrong?

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
fairywitchmom43 on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:

what's wrong?

Nothing is wrong~ the maximum number of pips you can get is 7.

The power pips (yellow ones) count double for your school only... 7 yellow pips=14 white pips. So, if you are a Balance wizard and have 3 yellow pips, you can cast a Hydra (rank 6) or a rank 3 spell from any other school.

I hope this helps~ if it's still unclear, everything you need is in the player guide:
https://www.wizard101.com/home5/w101playersguide/page_8ad6a4041b790501011bc26155cb3add

Happy wizarding!

-v.

90 and
40 and

Defender
Apr 17, 2009
That's the maximum pips you can have at once, whether they're power pips or regular pips.

Survivor
Oct 01, 2011
You can only have a maximum of 7 pip-types at once,

Nathan AshBlood
Promethean

Mastermind
Jul 04, 2010
thats is the max number of pips you can get. if you get all power pips you will have 14 pips for you school.

Champion
Aug 20, 2010
fairywitchmom43 on Sep 28, 2013 wrote:

what's wrong?

Pips, whether powerpips or regular pips, don't pass 7, you can get 7-14 pips maximum, 14 being 7 powerpips. What did you think? You could have infinite pips by the time you leveled to level 72?

What's wrong? What's wrong is you cannot go past 7, sorry, and it doesn't matter your level, so nothing is wrong, now.

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
It would appear someone either skipped or didn't pay attention to the tutorial or player guide. There is a 7 pip maximum. Yellow pips- aka power pips -count as 2 for your school or a school of a mastery amulet you may possess. Hence for 10 pip school spell can be done if you have 5 power pips.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Omegagan on Oct 1, 2013 wrote:
It would appear someone either skipped or didn't pay attention to the tutorial or player guide. There is a 7 pip maximum. Yellow pips- aka power pips -count as 2 for your school or a school of a mastery amulet you may possess. Hence for 10 pip school spell can be done if you have 5 power pips.
I thought that I was pretty familiar with the Player's Guide, and I checked the dialogue for the tutorials from Diego on wizard101central.com, and I can't find anywhere that mentions the "7 pip maximum". Can you point me in the right direction to find this in writing (or in a dialogue somewhere)?

I know that I personally learned about the "7 pip maximum" from experience while playing, but I honestly don't remember being taught it, and can't find any reference to it. Help?

Hero
Aug 23, 2009
I'm going to have to research, the pip and power pip part is in the players guide in the how to play section. I'm pretty certain it was a tutorial that mentions the 7 slots for pips. When I find I will share.

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Omegagan on Oct 3, 2013 wrote:
I'm going to have to research, the pip and power pip part is in the players guide in the how to play section. I'm pretty certain it was a tutorial that mentions the 7 slots for pips. When I find I will share.
Thank you. I did go on Central, and researched Diego's tutorials. On each one, I read the "quest dialogue" and could not find any mention of the 7 pip max.

Like I said, I learned about it from experience while playing, but it would be nice to know where it does appear so I can use it as a reference. Thanks again.