Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Life Wizards: weak or keeping you alive?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 12, 2009
Most people say that life wizard are weak or that it is the worst school. I say they are wrong during long painful dungeons who is usually always in there with them...life. Sure storm can kill the boa in one hit with enough blades and traps but can he live long enough to put on those blades and traps? See wizards from all school rely on some other school. Storm relies on life to keep them alive to do those monstrous hits. If you think a schools relies on another school then reply what schools and your reasoning. I truly don't believe there is such a thing as the " best school". I think there Re schools that are better at certain things than other schools. Life is great at healing and ok at attack with enough blades and traps. Storm is powerful but cannot last long without help. Balance is the best at blading and trapping and shielding they also know how to heal. Ice is the school that is made to take damage be size of here health an resist. Fire is the damage school like storm but hey have more health. Death is the sapping/ long lasting school because they sap he can go lo get with out healing. Myth was the summoning school but then level 20 came and they never summoned again. So now myth is know. For its rareness there are so little myth that no one usually thinks of there attack style. I think they are know for double hits and stuns they can knock your shield off and deal great damage . They also stun ... A lot. Well that is all I have to say so reply what you think.
- Luke Lifestone level 81

Squire
Feb 29, 2012
chadifer on Sep 1, 2013 wrote:
Most people say that life wizard are weak or that it is the worst school. I say they are wrong during long painful dungeons who is usually always in there with them...life. Sure storm can kill the boa in one hit with enough blades and traps but can he live long enough to put on those blades and traps? See wizards from all school rely on some other school. Storm relies on life to keep them alive to do those monstrous hits. If you think a schools relies on another school then reply what schools and your reasoning. I truly don't believe there is such a thing as the " best school". I think there Re schools that are better at certain things than other schools. Life is great at healing and ok at attack with enough blades and traps. Storm is powerful but cannot last long without help. Balance is the best at blading and trapping and shielding they also know how to heal. Ice is the school that is made to take damage be size of here health an resist. Fire is the damage school like storm but hey have more health. Death is the sapping/ long lasting school because they sap he can go lo get with out healing. Myth was the summoning school but then level 20 came and they never summoned again. So now myth is know. For its rareness there are so little myth that no one usually thinks of there attack style. I think they are know for double hits and stuns they can knock your shield off and deal great damage . They also stun ... A lot. Well that is all I have to say so reply what you think.
I'd like to point out that a skilled Storm player can last quite a while without healing if they play smart, however that's a whole different topic, so I'm leaving it at that. A player that knows their school's strengths and weaknesses knows how to survive in any battle.

As for your point that there is no best school, I completely agree. The best school for someone is the school that they connect with the most. I, personally, prefer Storm and Ice to any other schools. I'm a mix between a defensive and an offensive player and I enjoy playing both of schools to see how I can get the best of both. The choice of the best school is for you to make, and for you alone. What works for one person may not work for another. It's really a matter of personality, and no two people are alike.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I agree. I really need life magic to keep me alive during the often instense battles of Dragonspyre. Mostly Pixie though. I really think life and storm are a great combination. Life keeps both the storm wizard and the life alive throughout the battle and storm damages the enemies.

Antonio, Level 50 Grandmaster Pyromancer, Saved by the Healing of Life

Explorer
Apr 01, 2011
Every school has weaknesses and strengths. Though life wizards may not have the strongest attacks, we can use various methods to keep ourselves and others alive! As far as having weak attacks goes, that can be easily fixed once the Azteca sun spells are learned!

Rebecca Bright Level 90
Miranda Shadowflame Level 90
Sabrina Emeraldblossom Level 86
Victoria Roseblood Level 82
Diana Moonflower Level 78
Christina Goldenheart Level 76

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
life can do some pretty big damage to. all schools can arguably be the best school when a player who is a natural master of that school plays it. take me for instance. on my life, i have soloed most of the game. back when the max level cap was 50, they told me life sucked and was the worst school. back then, balance dominated the arenas... until they were faced up against me that is! i read many guides for pvp death wizards for my death. i had and still have all the spells that a death wizard wants. still, i have never gotten to far on my death in pvp. you are right. there is no best school.

Explorer
Dec 21, 2009
WOO HOO!
Thanks for standing up for our class, besides we can truly tank life and whatnot.
Plus, most of the gear that people really want that i've seen is because of the spells, which as i have said are mainly life.

Also myth comment, correct.

They are extremely deadly to anybody who thinks one shield will stop the damage. The minotaur for example is really two attacks, a tiny attacks to take away defenses and then the truckload.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
I have seen a LOT of very very powerful Life wizards who become almost invincible with critical builds. These wizards will hit you with a critical Spiny, then if you hurt them out pops a critical satyr, its very hard to deal with. So my final thought is from the title Life keeps you alive, but is far from weak.

Survivor
Aug 06, 2012
your right i am a life level 89 life can be strong you just know how to make it strong when i got gnomes i was able to kill promethean warlords in one hit then just inxase i am almost dead life can heal so they dont lose a match i am in azteca and i make my forest lord to 6,000 life can be strong then the spinysaur is very strong first attack i do 6,000 then the overtime is 2,000 and every school needs life with out heals people would die so fast and if a friends dies you can't heal them cause there is no life so life is useful

Defender
May 29, 2013
Well Life is the weakest school in terms of killing power. It ties with Ice, but Ice has more attacks, so it's stronger. Despite being the weakest, Life isn't the worst. There is no worst. I used to think Myth was the worst. That is, until I started to use it. Myth was always my second favorite school, behind Balance, but I still though it was a very weak school....... weird right? Myth is natural to me now, and it's easy. Took me some time getting used to it.
so yeah, there is no best or worst school, because each school is based on particular lines of thought.

Alexander Earthbane Lvl 69 -Grandmaster Crafter
Alexander Firebane Lvl 10 -Initiate Pyromancer
Flint Stone Lvl 15 -Wizard City Explorer
Logan Lvl 31 -Sunken City Survivor
Aedan Blade Lvl 20 -Krokotopia Explorer

Defender
Jul 26, 2009
Life is rarely needed in dungeons because pets have replaced the majority of them for experienced players.

~In Team PvP, Life Tends to conserve pips and use healing spells and earthquake. In 1v1, Its a lost school. Either it goes berserker with 4 pip spells and hopes for critical healing or it goes full jade tank.

~Balance, I Don't understand how you still call them a support in PvP. They are either an off tank role, Or a fully offensive glass cannon. They're blades work similar to ices universal shields, Giving them the benefit of being ices Attacking counter part.

~Ice is built to sustain damage and deliver in boosted blows (Thus the 40%, 50% blades) They have much more health and resistance to other schools, especially fire and storm. This school is defensively played, Not necessarily to take damage. (Storm will still die before ice in 4v4, No matter how diligent the ice is on protecting the storm.) These tanks are built to use pierce and slow boosted attacks to wear down the opponent with persistence. Life works in a similar way, But uses its heals to tank.

~ Fire is considered an over time school, Which recessives the most boost out of pierce and Blades. They are also conned the most by resistance, which drop their attacks far more than a single shot. They have some sustain, But are still fairly squishy.

~ Storm is considered the power house. Its squishy and the direct opposite of the word "Tank" They're weakness is pretty much Everything because they lack "Dependability" They have damage, But they can't take it. They have pierce, But they can't take it. They don't have health, or critical block.

~ Death: Its a similar form of balance. It's an offensive base off-tank glass cannon. It has Team Debuffs (Vs balance solo debuffs) and works to achieve its health offensively under doom. Death wizards are known to be berserkers, The more damage they take the more they deal out!

~Myth, Is amazing with minions, But they're useless in high level pvp now (Except puppet! <3 First really is the best!) They tend to focus on double hits, stuns and dots. They can be a more offence based ice in the arena.

Now, on to your question about life being needed, Its very much needed as a healing support school in PvP but the reality is in PvE it has been replaced. Life has small offence potential, and is considered the support school of the game. I've seen successfull all life teams in both 2v2 and 4v4 by using earth and there only AOE, Fluffy.

Eric Legendtamer Level 90 (1st age warlord)
Eric Level 76 ,(Knight)
Eric Dragonbane Level 70 , (Warlord)
Eric Dragontamer Level 60 , (Knight)
Eric legendtamer Level 30 , (Warlord)

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
kylesar1 on Sep 22, 2013 wrote:
Well Life is the weakest school in terms of killing power. It ties with Ice, but Ice has more attacks, so it's stronger. Despite being the weakest, Life isn't the worst. There is no worst. I used to think Myth was the worst. That is, until I started to use it. Myth was always my second favorite school, behind Balance, but I still though it was a very weak school....... weird right? Myth is natural to me now, and it's easy. Took me some time getting used to it.
so yeah, there is no best or worst school, because each school is based on particular lines of thought.

Alexander Earthbane Lvl 69 -Grandmaster Crafter
Alexander Firebane Lvl 10 -Initiate Pyromancer
Flint Stone Lvl 15 -Wizard City Explorer
Logan Lvl 31 -Sunken City Survivor
Aedan Blade Lvl 20 -Krokotopia Explorer
Life is actually not the weakest school in attack power. It has much higher damage boost and base damage than ice, and has about the same as myth. As for the original post, many people solo the game. I generally consider life as the spam healing school in pvp, and it gets quite annoying with guardian spirit, jade gear, massive healing boost, and heal and earth spam. It is possible to be successful in any school, with or without life. It all depends on your strategy and gear.

Defender
May 29, 2013
Aaron SpellThief on Sep 24, 2013 wrote:
Life is actually not the weakest school in attack power. It has much higher damage boost and base damage than ice, and has about the same as myth. As for the original post, many people solo the game. I generally consider life as the spam healing school in pvp, and it gets quite annoying with guardian spirit, jade gear, massive healing boost, and heal and earth spam. It is possible to be successful in any school, with or without life. It all depends on your strategy and gear.
I checked the spells side by side. This is all assuming no boost or resistance. No blades or traps
(Rank 1) Frost beetle and Imp: 65-105
(Rank 2) Leprechaun and Snow Serpent: 155-195
(Rank 3) Evil Snowman and Nature's Fury: 240-300
(Rank 4) Seraph and Ice Wyvern: 335-395
That's where the exact equal base power ends, but from there Ice has more base than Life
(Rank 5) Handsome Fomori (450-530) vs. Goat Monk
(Rank 6) Colossus (500-580) vs. Centaur (515-595). Life actually wins here
(Rank 7) Ice wins by default (Rebirth vs Frost Giant)
(Rank 8) Snow Angel (100 + 600 DoT) vs. Forest Lord (540-620) Assuming no boost or resistance, Snow Angel wins (760 total vs. Forest Lord's 620 max)
(Rank 9) Gnomes (780-880 + Dispel 2 Life) vs. Woolly Mammoth (800-900 + stun). Tie if you consider after-effects
(Rank 10) Spinysaur (600 + 750 DoT= 1350 total) vs Lord of Winter (950-1050). Life wins here
Overall Ice wins in attack power.
Myth is with Fire in Attack Power, but Fire wins

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
kylesar1 on Oct 26, 2013 wrote:
I checked the spells side by side. This is all assuming no boost or resistance. No blades or traps
(Rank 1) Frost beetle and Imp: 65-105
(Rank 2) Leprechaun and Snow Serpent: 155-195
(Rank 3) Evil Snowman and Nature's Fury: 240-300
(Rank 4) Seraph and Ice Wyvern: 335-395
That's where the exact equal base power ends, but from there Ice has more base than Life
(Rank 5) Handsome Fomori (450-530) vs. Goat Monk
(Rank 6) Colossus (500-580) vs. Centaur (515-595). Life actually wins here
(Rank 7) Ice wins by default (Rebirth vs Frost Giant)
(Rank 8) Snow Angel (100 + 600 DoT) vs. Forest Lord (540-620) Assuming no boost or resistance, Snow Angel wins (760 total vs. Forest Lord's 620 max)
(Rank 9) Gnomes (780-880 + Dispel 2 Life) vs. Woolly Mammoth (800-900 + stun). Tie if you consider after-effects
(Rank 10) Spinysaur (600 + 750 DoT= 1350 total) vs Lord of Winter (950-1050). Life wins here
Overall Ice wins in attack power.
Myth is with Fire in Attack Power, but Fire wins
In base damage, yes, ice is better. However, it is much easier for life to get high damage boosts. If a life is wearing attack power gear, they can get over 60% damage easily. Ice can barely get over 50, even with extremely high damage gear. I suppose it really depends on how you play both schools.

Survivor
Jul 10, 2013
I Love The Fact That Someone Had Stood Up For The School of Life

I am a life student so my opinion may be biased but . But when time comes I have noticed that if they are close to dying they almost always call on life students. It may just be me, but many people depend on us in group battles and dungeons. It is annoying how people comment on how life is weak. Honestly, life can be stronger than storm with blades traps and other boosts. Ice can be stronger than fire, death stronger than myth. Any school can beat the other with the right strategy. Our base attacks may be weaker than some other schools, but honestly with blades and traps we can do A LOT of damage. I love the fact that we can help out others and ourselves with heals more than any other school which is a unique trait out of the schools. All in all schools have there benefits and are unique in their own ways. Life's benefit is healing but just because we are known for heals doesn't mean our attacks aren't up to par.

Tara FairyBlossom Level 64
&
Tara GriffinBlossom Level 11

From The Realm of Wu

Defender
Dec 12, 2012
I agree. I don't believe in this "best school" things. When people says my school sucks and their school is the best, I say the following:

Me: x at a pvp battle watching a duel and says something random like "Go so and so" x
Stranger: Hey Monica, sucks x random school that they are x is the best.
Me: No if you look online Wizard101 says there is no best school all schools have pros and cons x I say cans cause I don't have open x
Stranger: Well still, sucks
Me: x tells about the stranger's school's pros and cons x

All I know is, no one believes what I say about the pros and cons of the schools. I don't think sucks even though you get weak spells at the beginning, is the reason people stay alive, and believe me, Dryad is a very effective healing spell with enough pips, also, is the only school that when you complete the quest "Freedom!" and get your healing spell, is the only school who gets Fairy instead of Pixie, and Fairy can heal others. I am going to make a different topic to explain about the pros and cons of each school so people stop saying their school is the best and other schools suck.

P.S, I never knew stun so much o. o

Monica 37

Destiny 20

Isabella 9

Suri 8

Fiona 6

Llewella 6

"We are not noobs, everyone starts at a level 1"