Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Major Weird Glitch in Sunken City

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
Hi everyone,

I've been working on Sunken City for some time now, and I finally got a higher-level friend with me to help me complete the quest. Together, we defeated Paulson, and then he left. No big deal.

I continued with the instance quest into Norten's next tower, and this is where things start to get really weird - the tower was empty. Completely empty. It's supposed to be five floors of battles, like Golem Tower, at least from what I've read online, but...there was nothing. Confused, I ascended the stairs to the top floor.

More weirdness. I got the dialogue from Norten upon entering that floor, but the room was, again, totally empty!

At this point I was really confused, so I even went as far as Grubb's castle just to see if he would show up. Nope, nothing. Empty.

In my Quest journal, all it says is "To Sunken City: Find Grubb; Collect Item of Proof." Marla Stinger is nowhere to be found in the Sunken City, either, but when I speak to her in Nightside, she just gives me the same dialogue as when I first got the quest from her!

I've logged out and logged back in several times, and even thought to switch realms. I've teleported home a few times, exited the entire game application....all to no avail.

Any ideas?

Survivor
Jul 18, 2013
I haven't encountered that glitch but i'll try to see whats really happened maybe you should try to move a it closer to where Grubb is and he will appear it happened to me in cyclops lane with general akilles but i moved a but closer and he popped up in front of me. hope this was helpful

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I'd contact support, or hope KI reads this. They should be able to fix this.

Explorer
Jul 15, 2012
Maybe because your higher level friend completed this? Try looking for a lever somewhere, it respawns the boss.

Robert Angleblade
Transcendent Theurgist

Survivor
Aug 05, 2013
Thanks for the responses, everyone.

After a few days, the dungeon reset (despite previous resets having absolutely no effect...) and I was able to complete the quest with the help of a different friend. Really weird, but at least I finally got my badge!

I do hope that KI addresses this for anyone else who has a similar problem in the future.

Squire
May 10, 2013
Axl Ishihara on Aug 25, 2013 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I've been working on Sunken City for some time now, and I finally got a higher-level friend with me to help me complete the quest. Together, we defeated Paulson, and then he left. No big deal.

I continued with the instance quest into Norten's next tower, and this is where things start to get really weird - the tower was empty. Completely empty. It's supposed to be five floors of battles, like Golem Tower, at least from what I've read online, but...there was nothing. Confused, I ascended the stairs to the top floor.

More weirdness. I got the dialogue from Norten upon entering that floor, but the room was, again, totally empty!

At this point I was really confused, so I even went as far as Grubb's castle just to see if he would show up. Nope, nothing. Empty.

In my Quest journal, all it says is "To Sunken City: Find Grubb; Collect Item of Proof." Marla Stinger is nowhere to be found in the Sunken City, either, but when I speak to her in Nightside, she just gives me the same dialogue as when I first got the quest from her!

I've logged out and logged back in several times, and even thought to switch realms. I've teleported home a few times, exited the entire game application....all to no avail.

Any ideas?
I am having the same bug expect its in Giant Chasm past. The whole dungeon was completely empty.

Survivor
Jul 29, 2012
well i'm happy that you got the quest done i had that happen to me on one of the kt missions

Autumn Lifebright