Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Sharpen blade item card hatch trouble

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
Hello everyone. i have hatched many pets and got many item cards, but a few weeks ago, i hatched with an enchanted armament to get the sharpen blade item card, and my pet did not get it. Now i have tried at least over four times, and none of my pets i hatch with received the item card. Could someone help me please? Is the card intended to be shared through hatching? or am i doing something wrong? 'I'm very frustrated with the gold i have blown through, and to not get the item card with my pet.

please please please help me: Matthew Skullsword 90

thanks in advance!

Defender
Sep 19, 2010
dumbug23 on Aug 24, 2013 wrote:
Hello everyone. i have hatched many pets and got many item cards, but a few weeks ago, i hatched with an enchanted armament to get the sharpen blade item card, and my pet did not get it. Now i have tried at least over four times, and none of my pets i hatch with received the item card. Could someone help me please? Is the card intended to be shared through hatching? or am i doing something wrong? 'I'm very frustrated with the gold i have blown through, and to not get the item card with my pet.

please please please help me: Matthew Skullsword 90

thanks in advance!
It isn't a talent, its part of Enchanted Armament. So you'll need to have the pet come out as an enchanted armament before getting sharpened blade.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
When a pet automatically comes with a card, in this case the sharpened blade, it can not be passed to other types of pets unless you happen to get another armament pet.

(for example): If my Shadow Beast, which automatically comes with a Death blade card, is trained and also manifests a talent which provides me with a Death blade card, only the Death blade which is a talent can be passed from one pet to another.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Sometimes you get the card sometimes you don't .

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
Cards given at baby are specific to a pet type. All Enchanted Armament have the sharpen blade card, but no other pets do (at this time) so if you get the Armament in a hatch you have the card, if you get the other pet you have the other pet's card (if it has one) or none. Those cards can't be hatched to a different kind of pet. Only cards that come from a trained pet talent can be transferred.

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
If the pet resulting from the hatch is another enchanted armament, it will have the item card. If it takes after the other parent, it won't.

Explorer
Nov 24, 2010
sorry everyone, thank you for the opinions but i just discovered that i had to hatch with SOMEONE ELSE, rather than me, and it worked. the thought that the other pet has to have the same card is false. I hatched my sea dragon with my armament and now i have a new armament with the sea dragon's talents and the sharpen blade item cards.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It was explained to you already. All Enchanted Armaments get the sharpen blade card. No other pets do. It has nothing to do with talents, or who you hatch with.