Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

This game is fun, but hard.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
KI, I want to say that your game is the most fun game I have ever played. There are just two things I hate about this game:

1) Cheating bosses like Young Morganthe. She pretty much uses mammoth whenever she wants.
2) Being nervous about a dungeon or world. Right now, I am nervous about Ghost Avalon. It is hard to have fun when nervous.

KI, this game is not free so I just want to ask you to NOT make this game too hard. I have paid about $250.00 for this game. Whenever I get stuck somewhere, I feel like it is a waste of money. . Other than that, this is an enjoyable game!

Thank you!

Nicholas (Archmage Diviner)

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Well they need it to be a challenge to attract the older crowd and some ease for the younger crowd. Plus if it was just a breeze all the time it would be boring.

Defender
Dec 31, 2010
I agree, the game has gotten very challenging for a family game (have you seen the posts when AZ came out?), but the first arc I find is a perfect rate of challenge. Celestia is a leap from DS, but manageable. So is ZF and AV.

Cheating bosses do not spontaneously cheat. They have a timer. Wizard101 Central Wiki lists all of the cheats.

Don't be nervous about Ghost AV! It's not like its real life. You cant die. Worst thing that can happen is that you have to walk back after being defeated.

$250? Try $450 just in gift cards, not including yearly membership and online crowns transactions! I have gotten stuck many times in this game! [the two wolf guys in Cl, lvl35 spell quest, lvl 55 spell quest, nastrond, tower of the heliphant (which I still haven't finished!), Baroq (Everyone's favorite elephant), levy spell quest (took 3 months!), that jabberwok, and I am currently stuck somewhere in the storyline of AV now!

If you need some help, don't hesitate to ask people! There are many friendly wizards in the Spiral! (You can ask me too )

Keira Dreamleaf (lvl 79 )

Defender
Aug 06, 2011
Maybe so, but games are about having fun, and most of the time that involves challenges and difficult stages. The game is hard, yes, but that is what makes it fun!
-Sean Griffintail 36

P.S. Don't say I'm not a high enough level to know what I'm talking about, because the new Mount Olympus dungeon is HARD at level 30. Very hard.

Champion
Dec 03, 2012
I agree and disagree. This game... Malistaire? Have up you seen him as the undying?? He is immune to magic!!! Some things need to be a little easier. As for the disagree, nothing is bad about this. It gives a challenge and that's what we need so life can be more interesting.
- Molly level 72

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Nick7312 on Aug 6, 2013 wrote:
KI, I want to say that your game is the most fun game I have ever played. There are just two things I hate about this game:

1) Cheating bosses like Young Morganthe. She pretty much uses mammoth whenever she wants.
2) Being nervous about a dungeon or world. Right now, I am nervous about Ghost Avalon. It is hard to have fun when nervous.

KI, this game is not free so I just want to ask you to NOT make this game too hard. I have paid about $250.00 for this game. Whenever I get stuck somewhere, I feel like it is a waste of money. . Other than that, this is an enjoyable game!

Thank you!

Nicholas (Archmage Diviner)
I can relate to your issue, my problem is about the same - difficult game play gives me nothing but stress. Believe me I am not having fun when this happens either. We paid for 2 yrly subs so I guess I feel obligated to continue on, we have let go back to free play, 2 accounts the kids stopped playing when they didn't like the challenge of trying to get by, they were more interested in the happy go lucky, magical game play so Marleybone on was too much bother for them. Even now they are older they don't have any interest in the game because of this. I buy very few crowns because I feel I am probably on the end of my run with the game and don't want to invest anything in it any more. KI is looking for a different type of game player then I am which I should of seen when CL came out.

I do go read about certain instances on Wizard101Central.com but still those battles are rough for me. I only quested into Avalon because another family member wanted help there and I must say it wasn't as bad as I thought but since it's not really my type of game any more. It was long and I referred to it as my world of constant slog feasting. I deleted my Myth in High Rd and Ice in the Lake area, because of lack of interest in continuing on.

I believe I may try to finish the game with my main Life wizard but will probably not bother much past Zafaria from here on it. My real life is enough of a challenge for me I don't look to a game to add to that.

Survivor
Feb 12, 2009
I disagree, the game can't just be so easy that everyone can just breeze through it by themselves with no problem, there has to be teamwork involved. Whenever I'm facing a hard dungeon, or a tough, cheating boss, I just ask some friends for help, or sometimes even just go on to a crowded server, to find people that are willing to help. Nothing can be that hard with friends.

Explorer
May 09, 2010
Try to get a questing buddy. Or better yet PVP on practice, this will hone your skill and you may gained new friends.

* My friends in PVP are like minions, they help me in boss and dungeon fights.

Delver
Mar 05, 2013
There are 2 things I really hate about this game. 1) Having to fight 10-12 times to collect 2 or 3 items. 2) Cheating bosses . Honestly, I don't understand why KI needs to let the bosses cheat. It's not like they don't start off already with an unbelievable advantage. In the case of Cipaltli, even buying Henchmen doesn't help, as he does the ward/charm dance and everyone gets killed, as he can spam Dr. Von's Monster with no pip cost. . I'm stuck on that boss.I tried soloing twice to no avail, and I know Wizard Central has a plan to beat him, which I tried twice and failed. Lol, it's 5,000 plus hp for me and almost 30,000 for my miserable cheating foes. That's not enough of an advantage? (Listen KI). I'm willing to purchase Henchmen in able to solo quests, bosses and dungeons. I'm stuck on one which purchasing Henchmen will do me no good, and can advance no further in Azteca. Which means I won't be purchasing any Henchmen any time soon. Which means I won't be purchasing any Crowns any time soon. You get my drift KI? Stop the cheating bosses, let people either team up with others, or purchase Henchmen in order to get by solo. It kind of makes Economic sense doesn't it? And it really doesn't make things 'easier', it just makes them more logical, and economically feasible. Seriously, both sides can win in this one, and it's not like it's without precedent. You've already made 'War of the Weird' easier by making it shorter, so why stop there. Listen to your Customers. I don't want a cakewalk,I just want a chance. And I'm not whining, saying that in advance, as I got through Jabberwocky and Young Morganthe without a peep. The aforementiond AZ boss is different. Way too much of a cheater. Now I'll wait around for people to reply how they found Cipaltli to be 'rather easy'. Smh.