Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Lump of Coal (Pet) as a possible pack reward?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
Hi, I was wondering if anyone got this pet during the "Christmas in July!" event?

I bought 25 bucks worth of crowns which was 13,750. The "Yuletide Pack" was on sale for 279 crowns giving me a grand total of 49 packs to be bought. Also including a free "Yule tide Pack" I got from a code offered during this event. Making it 50 total.

After opening all 50 "Yuletide packs" I recieved a bunch of (what I considered junk) 3 Perm Candy Cane mounts, house items, a couple of level 70 gear and weapons, christmas outfits, and food.

Also the following pets: Snowball x4, Evil Snowman, Snow Beast, Yuletide Spirit x2,

What I kept was Two Winter Wyrm Bobble heads but everything else, I vendered for gold. I kept the snowball and spirit for nostalgia.

I can't say that I am not disappointed that I didn't get the "Lump of Coal" but according to the wiki, its suppose be a possible reward. Which was the only reason I did this.

So I was wondering if anyone, during this "Christmas in July" event, that the "Lump of Coal" was even a reward in the "Yuletide Pack" loot table?

Much appriecated if anyone could confirm.

Mastermind
Feb 06, 2010
Toxen Reignz on Jul 30, 2013 wrote:
Hi, I was wondering if anyone got this pet during the "Christmas in July!" event?

I bought 25 bucks worth of crowns which was 13,750. The "Yuletide Pack" was on sale for 279 crowns giving me a grand total of 49 packs to be bought. Also including a free "Yule tide Pack" I got from a code offered during this event. Making it 50 total.

After opening all 50 "Yuletide packs" I recieved a bunch of (what I considered junk) 3 Perm Candy Cane mounts, house items, a couple of level 70 gear and weapons, christmas outfits, and food.

Also the following pets: Snowball x4, Evil Snowman, Snow Beast, Yuletide Spirit x2,

What I kept was Two Winter Wyrm Bobble heads but everything else, I vendered for gold. I kept the snowball and spirit for nostalgia.

I can't say that I am not disappointed that I didn't get the "Lump of Coal" but according to the wiki, its suppose be a possible reward. Which was the only reason I did this.

So I was wondering if anyone, during this "Christmas in July" event, that the "Lump of Coal" was even a reward in the "Yuletide Pack" loot table?

Much appriecated if anyone could confirm.
Yea it's a possibility to get it. But dude you need limits to packs.
Critical

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
critical death on Jul 31, 2013 wrote:
Yea it's a possibility to get it. But dude you need limits to packs.
Critical
Well its nice to know that it is possible. A shame you could not confirm that you got it during the "Christmas in July" Event.

I guess I will have to wait until Decemeber. Hopefully they will offer the "Lump of Coal" pet in the Crown Shop to be sold as is, if not, I should have another 25 bucks saved. Maybe then I will get it.

*crosses fingers*

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I got my lump of coal pet through hatching. Instead of buying packs, ask people in hatchery if they have one they are willing to hatch.