Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Pets in PvP.

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jul 18, 2011
Is it unfair to other players that don't have a pet that can heal, than to people that have pets that can? Yes of course and I don't like on how KingsIsle missed that! I know that people in the comments will say if you don't have a pet that can heal then go and train one. I understand what you're saying but still think about the noobs that don't have one. While they are healing you are probably blading yourself or putting traps on them while your pet is healing you, and then you hit him with a big attack. Epically people that have pets that put blades on them or weakness on the other player it gets annoying. If KingsIsle would create a system where they would match you up against some that is equal to yourself.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
KingsIsle didn't miss anything. When you start playing Wizard101, you have to earn your way through the game. This includes crafted gear and nice pets.

Unfortunately, many think that begging for what they want (gifts, TC), not doing crafting, and not making an effort to learn how to do the things that can help them, is something that should be provided to them, not earned. There are steps in the game that get you to a place where you need to be. There isn't any reason to be jumping the gun and saying it's unfair to noobs, when it actually isn't.

Everyone has to start somewhere. Many of us have multiple wizards that can craft and hatch pets for our lower level ones. But, we all have to start at the beginning. Total noobs at one point. It takes time and patience to get what you want. It's all part of the game. No one's going to hand you or anyone else everything on a silver platter.

Survivor
Feb 25, 2013
I have to agree with you guys. I think almost every pet the YOU have ever hatched with should get sprite or pixie. But that's just my opinion and what I think. Maybe there could me a little change.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2012
I see what you're saying but I wouldn't expect a change. Players need to know that it is very likely their PVP opponent will have a decent pet that will affect the outcome of the duel. All I can say is this: If you're serious about PVP, train a pet. If you don't, you'll have a little more difficult time in the arena.

Delver
Jul 15, 2011
I hatch a lot of pets, I try and cater my pets abilities to what I plan on using them in. I'm sorry you don't believe in putting in the extra effort to hatch a decent pet for yourself. But don't you think it's a bit selfish to punish the rest of us for your lack of effort?

My newest pet, took me three weeks of hatching to create. I had failure upon failure upon failure. Spent over 300,000 gold just in hatching and used up most of the pet snacks I had farmed and gardened up. I went through all of that, all that work, all that time, just to create a decent pet. And now I am quite satisfied with myself, knowing that my hard work and determination paid off.

Don't complain about what you don't have if you're not willing to put in the extra effort. Don't say it's unfair that someone else gave themselves an advantage when they put in the time and effort to do something you are unwilling to do.

Fair? Unfair? Would it be fair to the rest of us if you got your way and no one was able to use custom pets in PVP? How would that be fair to those of us who spent weeks working hard for something while you sat there doing nothing but complaining?

Once you choose what type of wizard you are, the game is as fair as it will ever get. KI leaves up the rest to you, me and every other player. Work hard, you get an advantage. Get lucky, you get an advantage. Spend money, you get an advantage. Sit and do nothing, you really can't expect to get an advantage.

Survivor
Apr 18, 2013
Only start Pvp when you are ready, young wizard. That's all I have to say. Don't even think about Pvp if you are unprepared, because you will not always get a clean easy set up to make your opponent perish.