Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Npc are showing up as clockwork golems

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
hey everyone. I got one of my friends to start playing but for some reason all the npc she runs into and the monsters showed up as clockwork golems from the golem tower in wiz city. Any idea why? I made it so her settings in game are the exact same as mine and the computer she only bought today, so there aren't any viruses on it. Would really appreciate the help on this one.

-doodles

Administrator
The answer is right here, young Wizards:

https://www.wizard101.com/game/community/updatenotes/may2010#Golems

Young Wizards, please don't panic, the Spiral is not being invaded by Wooden Golems.

You may see residents or creatures of the Spiral that are dressed like Wooden Golems, but know that when you see these, you will also see a file downloading in the upper left of your screen.

Once you've downloaded the images you need, the residents will once again resemble their normal selves.

community@wizard101.com
Explorer
Jun 30, 2013
It means your computer is still downloading the characters.

Survivor
Jun 30, 2013
Thanks guys, but is there anyway to load them faster? It seems to take forever to get them to show up.

Defender
Feb 16, 2010
yes there is. ask your mom or dad to delete "cookies" and no there not the type you eat. if you have to many they slow down your computer loading process. so get rid of them and then you will see them faster.

-jack skullbreeze master of fire