Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

If I Ran KI; Mini Morganthes & Tireing Things

AuthorMessage
Historian
May 06, 2009
Wizard101 has been said to be a great game and I fully agree with this statement. I've happily enjoyed this game for the past 4 years and pretty much have spent my allowance on it. I've been happy. But as of now...I'm beginning to wonder if we (or I) can still call Wizard101 a great, fun game.

Here's the thing: As I look into the different areas of Wizard101, whether it's PvP, gardening, pets, the story, I can barely find anything where the majority of people are pleased overall with a system anymore. In PvP, there's something wrong with pricing, how people play, behave. If it's drop rates, we're like there's none. If it's about pet training, it takes too long to get this one specific factor. In the story, we're ragging on the main villian and calling the story dumb because half the people don't understand or take the time to try and understand. Or that gardening takes forever. Overall, we say there's too much emphasis on crowns. And this is in almost every area. It's becoming way too much.

I'm keep wondering now. How did we get here? How did we go from this simple small town game to this raging city game of people complaining? People say it's Celestia. People say that this is overpowering that. Honestly, I think everything plays apart in all this intensity. We had 5million players playing this game. And then Wizard101 became popular. Now we have 7x that previous amount. We have a very diverse population. That's not a bad thing, but as we move on, it's possing a problem on where to find a compromise to yield the most fun among us because so many people want this one thing. Not only that, but as we expand one area, it some how overpowers or "ruins" another thing.

PvPvs.PvE is a good example. PvE can't expand as greatly anymore because PvP'ers have heart-attacks that this new thing will overpower game play and make it harder to defeat players. It's probably why Azteca's gear is so low on stats. I do feel PvP has too much say on what goes and what doesn't. Schools seem to be unable to have strong utility spells or go as they are because this school can't stand a chance against it. If a player has a good strategy, good! Take a loss and adapt and learn. Taking breaks won't hurt.

What I'm trying to get at is that there are so many tireing things about this game that seem to overlap each other. Everything can no longer co-exist in some cases. Why is it we can't have one thing we overall like, as far systems go? But there is always some things like player behavior (puppetting, bribing like Morganthe does) that we beat at KI's door to fix when they can do nothing about that. That's a player problem that people need to realize they can't do. KI merely makes the wall, whatever is painted on it is out.

I want to talk more about a lot of other topics that have been brought up, but I do not have the space in this post, but I will continue. I will ask you this, if you ran KI, what would you change, remove or improve?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
For me it started when Water Works came out - it just seemed more and more was then added to the "chance to get". It started to created a city of have's and have not's. Cheating kids out of their tc for a mount became more common. With Celestia players competitive side started to show, people became less friendly it seems - more was as stake now - defeat was more common. Menu Chat and lower level wizards where shunned. It also seemed it was the slow end of time vs crowns for better things to come your way, now it seems pay or get the 2nd best in the game.

To be fair to KI, it is totally possible, just paying for memberships does not make enough money for them so enticing players with things that take crowns is the only way it can be done. This may be were it all turns sour, those who pay more to play want some thing for their money - not just a chance to get is involved any more. The more money they sink into the game the more they want the game to improve to their way.

I am not sure where it really all went wrong but I do agree with you that maybe this isn't the Great Game it used to be - at least it is not for me anyway. I do know back then my friends list was full and we all helped each other though the first Arc, now I have very few on my list and have to be very careful who I add.

As said with many things in life tho "All Good Things Must Come to and End". We can just reflect on those good ole days when Wizard101 was carefree and happy go lucky game play, when the stakes weren't so high they could be reached by all.

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I would nerf Azteca, and a little nerfing on 2nd arc. I would write Morganthe a real story and give her motives and a clear backround.

For gardening: I would give a spell to spped up growth and to slow down growth, but not affecting the health of the plant.

For pets: I would give more mega snacks as drops

This is what I would change

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
I will ask you this, if you ran KI, what would you change, remove or improve?

That is a good question Finnigan.

1. Split PvP and PvE into completely separate entities keeping a single login, but having to select what the player wants to do before getting past the Character Page.

2. Putting the second Arc of PvE into a more balanced progression than what it is now. ie, spells, gear, and drops would be better geared to a wizard of a given level instead of gear that would have been useful 3 worlds earlier. Crafting would be in a better place to be completed so a wizard can complete and craft any further gear needed to complete a world.

3. Those virtually impossible reagents would be not so impossible, and certainly WOULD NOT BE included as a possible reward for PvP Tournaments.

Just a few thoughts.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Cunning Finnigan S... on Jun 26, 2013 wrote:
Wizard101 has been said to be a great game and I fully agree with this statement. I've happily enjoyed this game for the past 4 years and pretty much have spent my allowance on it. I've been happy. But as of now...I'm beginning to wonder if we (or I) can still call Wizard101 a great, fun game.

Here's the thing: As I look into the different areas of Wizard101, whether it's PvP, gardening, pets, the story, I can barely find anything where the majority of people are pleased overall with a system anymore. In PvP, there's something wrong with pricing, how people play, behave. If it's drop rates, we're like there's none. If it's about pet training, it takes too long to get this one specific factor. In the story, we're ragging on the main villian and calling the story dumb because half the people don't understand or take the time to try and understand. Or that gardening takes forever. Overall, we say there's too much emphasis on crowns. And this is in almost every area. It's becoming way too much.

I'm keep wondering now. How did we get here? How did we go from this simple small town game to this raging city game of people complaining? People say it's Celestia. People say that this is overpowering that. Honestly, I think everything plays apart in all this intensity. We had 5million players playing this game. And then Wizard101 became popular. Now we have 7x that previous amount. We have a very diverse population. That's not a bad thing, but as we move on, it's possing a problem on where to find a compromise to yield the most fun among us because so many people want this one thing. Not only that, but as we expand one area, it some how overpowers or "ruins" another thing.

PvPvs.PvE is a good example. PvE can't expand as greatly anymore because PvP'ers have heart-attacks that this new thing will overpower game play and make it harder to defeat players. It's probably why Azteca's gear is so low on stats. I do feel PvP has too much say on what goes and what doesn't. Schools seem to be unable to have strong utility spells or go as they are because this school can't stand a chance against it. If a player has a good strategy, good! Take a loss and adapt and learn. Taking breaks won't hurt.

What I'm trying to get at is that there are so many tireing things about this game that seem to overlap each other. Everything can no longer co-exist in some cases. Why is it we can't have one thing we overall like, as far systems go? But there is always some things like player behavior (puppetting, bribing like Morganthe does) that we beat at KI's door to fix when they can do nothing about that. That's a player problem that people need to realize they can't do. KI merely makes the wall, whatever is painted on it is out.

I want to talk more about a lot of other topics that have been brought up, but I do not have the space in this post, but I will continue. I will ask you this, if you ran KI, what would you change, remove or improve?
You will never please 35 million people...I just don't think it's possible but there are things KI could have, and still can do.

I have noticed a huge difference in people's attitude over the last 2+ years though. And it's not a good thing.

What would I do?
I would actually fix PvP (removing would just make folks angry, but it still doesn't work right).
I would remove the greed from the new Tournaments and allow this to be purchased with gold only (I understand buying into a tourny, just not using actual cash to do so).
I would listen when the majority speaks...example is the silly hair styles thing. KI again showed greed and made the 4 hairstyles available for crowns so now you not only buy those you have to stitch too to keep the stats from your hat. Is that what people asked for? Not even close.

Listening to your customer base is key. As is having a competent customer support staff. "Support" now just means someone will tell you to reinstall the game. I don't even both contacting them anymore.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
I would separate pve from pvp. then half our problems are solved.

Explorer
Jun 16, 2011
i really really like wizard101 and the second ark to.i am not acshully at it yet, but my frend is and it looks really fun. i don't do pvp that much any way. purseny i think your seeing the glass haff emty.

i have bad spelling sory.

Defender
Aug 12, 2012
Well, to be honest it's not that bad. I'm in Dragonspyre, which is most people's #1 least favorite, but it's not that bad. Sure; a few bosses are annoying, but it's not like you get it at level 10, most people at level 12 and they start attacking you with the Rank 10 spells. You're all treating it like that, but it's not that bad. And who had the idea of "it's hard to get around in Marleybone"?! It's not that hard! In Krokotopia, they get you used to using paint on the ground as the sidewalk, and in Marleybone the only difference is it's not there. And Celestia - am I the only person who thinks it's cool? The astral spells, being under water, the fancy-schmancy technology . Now, what about Azteca? If it really was that bad, then why don't you just quit, or start over and finish at the point you start to hate it. And again, I think Azteca is pretty cool. And I like how Mooshu is themed on Japan. I can say to you at least 3 nice things to you about each world. And rude behaviors - out of the thousands of wizard101 players I have met, only a few have been mean. Some ignorant, but not in a way that makes me want to kill my computer, just enough to make me bight my tongue and stop. And again, if you really hate it that badly, then just stop playing the game. It's that simple. Please read this well, because wizard101 isn't that bad.