Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Best Pets

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 20, 2009
I'd like to know which pet would be good for healing, but also fighting! Like that gives a good spell like when fighting bosses or pvp. Though i like it how other people's pet are always healing their owners. i want to know pets who are good from packs, crowns, and other stuff.

WOLF TITANBLADE

Also i'd like to know if anyone would be willing to hatch a pet with me?

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Okay, so I absolutely LOVE the therizinosaurus. It's exactly what Balance wizards needed. Once you train it up to Epic, it gives you the Lermaean Hydra (640 Fire, 545 Ice, or 795 Storm damage to all) spell which is perfect for questing and for PvP. If you want your pet to heal you, you should try to hatch with people who have heals in their pet or DNA. I would suggest trying to make a pet with talents such as pain giver, spell proof, spell defying, may cast fairy/sprite, or even unicorn or healing current. It does take a lot of work to make a pet have exactly or something close to what you want, but in the end, all of the gold and time you put into making your pet will definitely pay off!

Ashley SummerFountain

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Basically any pet is good for that. I HIGHLY discourage pets that give no spell cards though. If you get a pet that has spritely, fairy, or unicorn, that will cover the heal problem. However other stats like spell-proof and spell-defy are good for fighting (also, spell cards are good too).

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
There are Balance pets, like the Therizinosaurus. There are also pets like the Polar Cat which give a dragon blade and can be hatched to have universal talents that can be used for any school.

All-school talents that are excellent to have on a pet would be Proof, Defy, Pain Giver (damage boost), Sprite, and Fairy. I consider this to be the perfect pet, but there are others who have ideas on what their perfect pet talents would be.

Do some research on the Wizard101 Central Wiki, and/or look at other wizard's pets to see what that pets has in terms of talents and blade/card.