Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

amulets don;t stack properly.

AuthorMessage
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
so, in a regular deck, my life wizard has 4 blades~ trained lifeblade, trained spirit blade, 45% amulet blade (shango's lifeblade amulet) and 45% gear blade (from vibrant chieftain's helm/wintertusk crafted helmet).

thing is, the game registers her amulet blade and helmet blade as being from the same item and they do not stack. it worked just fine for my storm and death wizards, so something is definitely off here~ can someone from the ki staff look into this and fix it, please?

thanks,

-v.

90 and
31 and

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
Dr Von on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:
so, in a regular deck, my life wizard has 4 blades~ trained lifeblade, trained spirit blade, 45% amulet blade (shango's lifeblade amulet) and 45% gear blade (from vibrant chieftain's helm/wintertusk crafted helmet).

thing is, the game registers her amulet blade and helmet blade as being from the same item and they do not stack. it worked just fine for my storm and death wizards, so something is definitely off here~ can someone from the ki staff look into this and fix it, please?

thanks,

-v.

90 and
31 and
Wow, I didn't know that you could stack those blades - will have to give this a try on our Death and Storm that would be a nice advantage.

Sadly Life does seem to be left out of a lot of advantages, so am not surprised here and it's my first and favorite wizard too. I also carry this gear so would be really nice if I could stack them.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2012
Different spells will stack, including modified spells. However, spells from items that are identical otherwise are the same spell. That they come from two different items does not change that they are the same spell. Only where the items give spells that have some difference, such as the different versions of the item feint spell, will they stack. This also includes spells from pets that are the same as the item spell.

Sorry.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
Dr Von on Jun 18, 2013 wrote:

thanks,

-v.

90 and
31 and
I believe what you are describing is working as intended. Item cards do not stack, unless they are different powers on the card. Shango's and Chieftan's give the same exact Lifeblade, so it does not stack.

If you check your storm and death wizards, see if the other item cards are different in any manner (5% less for example). If not, I suspect the storm and death item cards are the ones bugged.

Two different gear pieces with the same spells, do not stack; only provide more additional item versions to stack in subsequent rounds.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
They would stack if they had different percents. Otherwise, it counts as the same blade. It works similarly for other spells:

For example, the innate storm blade on the spark beast pet is the same as the blade flurry talent and will not stack.

One of the fansites discusses this here:

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/how-to-get-buffed/

Explorer
Jun 12, 2011
Oran of Urz on Jun 23, 2013 wrote:
I believe what you are describing is working as intended. Item cards do not stack, unless they are different powers on the card. Shango's and Chieftan's give the same exact Lifeblade, so it does not stack.

If you check your storm and death wizards, see if the other item cards are different in any manner (5% less for example). If not, I suspect the storm and death item cards are the ones bugged.

Two different gear pieces with the same spells, do not stack; only provide more additional item versions to stack in subsequent rounds.
Interesting~ I was told that item cards always stack, as long as they come from different sources.

I've already been through the game with 3 other wizards, which is why I find it strange that Life is the only one having this problem... I wish I'd held onto the gear, so I could check again. But it's not a huge deal, just more of an inconvenience.

Thanks for your help, though.

-v.

90 and
40 and