Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Project

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Okay, so, I made a post earlier about the least/most popular schools. Someone suggested an excellent idea so I'm setting up a project. I will record the statistics later but I would like to know the following:

1) If you have a myth, why did you choose it?

2) If you had a myth, but abandoned it, why did you abandon it?

3) If you don't have a myth, what keeps you from making one?

After these 3 questions are answered I will have the statistics in order and we will soon find out why everyone has been abandoning their precious myths! I would like to give a special thanks to crunkatog (I think that's his name) for giving the idea!

Delver
Oct 26, 2010
I do have a myth, and I perticularly love myth.

My favorite and will always be my favorite school is Balance, but Myth is just so much fun.

I soloed every world and every dungeon up to Dragonspyre so far on my Myth, and just obtained Orthrus.

Myth is a unique school that has many haters and many followers.

If you're making a Myth I recommend taking your time. Many people want to get through things fast, but Myth just isn't like that. It is a school that takes patience and time to master.

Wolf HawkBreaker Promethean
A Balanced Life
"Stuffs hard. We get it. Now go."

Survivor
Jan 17, 2010
I once had a myth and I chose her because I liked that they could summon minions early on.

I abandoned her because I didn't really like Cyrus' attitude and he made me feel snobby, although I didn't really like the spells that they had either.

The reason I still don't have one is for the same reason I abandoned her.

Taylor S.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
- I chose Myth for my 2nd significant wizard.

- My Myth wizard is currently Lvl 30.

- I chose Myth because I know that KI balanced the various schools, yet so many complaints that Myth is not very good. So I assume Myth requires skill or strategy, not just straight forward spell casting.

- I also chose Myth because it seemed to be the most difficult enemy in Avalon/Azteca.

- So far Myth seems just fine. Minions aren't very good, but Humongofrog makes up for it. I use similar battle strategies as my Death Wizard (blades, traps, attack). I have been defeated in PvE 3 times so far. No crown gear, perfect pets, or henchmen.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
I'm a Myth. I'll be honest, I chose Myth because that was my test result. I eventually went back and tried other schools on new characters, but I found all of them boring. I'm a First Age Warlord, so it's not like Myth is an impossible school to use. Then again, my secondary school is storm, so I don't have to worry about the damage that Myth spells do. I guess the reason I stay with myth is because it's a great balance of accuracy and damage. Hope this helps!

Ryan HawkBlood Level 34 First Age Warlord

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
TheAwesomeMyth on May 30, 2013 wrote:
Okay, so, I made a post earlier about the least/most popular schools. Someone suggested an excellent idea so I'm setting up a project. I will record the statistics later but I would like to know the following:

After these 3 questions are answered I will have the statistics in order and we will soon find out why everyone has been abandoning their precious myths! I would like to give a special thanks to crunkatog (I think that's his name) for giving the idea!
1. The test results. And I have played Myth before and genuinely like the school and Cyrus.
2. My first wizard was Myth. I got her up to The Final Countdown. that's it. I could not solo it. I could never find anyone to help, and after many months gave up and dumped her. (I have done things very differently with my current Myth wizard and she is breezing through most quests without even bothering with her minion)
3. does not apply

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I do have a myth. I made my myth wizard because of the minions and because I already had a life, balance, and fire that had finished all the worlds. Myth quickly became my favorite.

Survivor
May 31, 2009
I dont have a myth because i just dont know if i want minions to be 90% of my spells for half the game, they might be uselfull at first but we all know how smart npc's are... But mostly its because i like to get battles done with fast especially in the 2nd Arc since there are A LOT of defeat and collect, and i cant really do that when they only have 2 attack all enemies spells and how there second one only does 300 damage. Yes it does take away all wards and charms but thats really only usefull in pvp cause in pve you dont have to worry to much about them shielding unless there balance or ice. So yeah, those are my reasons.

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011

#1. I have a myth, it is my first and main character and I love her! The reason I choose Myth (and I know the reason is lame), was because when I picked a school in the very beginning (knowing nothing of the game or any mmorpgs) just the title Myth sounded a lot cooler than just life or storm.

I stayed with it though because I found the stats very reasonable, the minions super useful in the lower levels (I play solo mostly), and I liked a lot of the manipulation cards. All are pretty useful.

My only true hate for a spell is Dimensional Shift, swap all wards, charms, and hanging effects with a minion. When can I ever use that? And it is 6 pips. I can't keep both myself and a minion alive long enough to make that useful, minions have zip resist and are dead by one hit both in PVP and PVE. Make the spell any player and not just a minion, and now we are talking. I will still keep my fingers crossed that it gets updated eventually.

But any way back to the point. I love my myth! Anyone who thinks they are weak or un-useful I invite you to come watch me or quest with me. I will show you how it can be played well.

Calamity PixieShade, level 90

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
I don't have a myth wizard. Trust me I school, but I only like having one wizard. But if I was going to make another wizard, I would consider though!

Angie D

Survivor
Dec 26, 2008
I'd like to participate in this survey. I hope the information I give may be of use.

1. I do have a Myth. I decided to create a Myth character because I liked the idea of having a special kind of school that is the troll of the metagame.
2. I haven't abandoned my Myth, yet. If i did, it would be because of the fact that Myth has no AoE spells that have a base damage over 325. This makes questing in places like Avalon or Azteca quite a challenge when it comes to fighting mobs coupled with the low damage the school has.
3. I have a Myth, as I've stated before ^ ^

Hope this helps.

Survivor
Oct 10, 2012
1) I did not choose myth it chose me (haha) no the computer just put me as a myth when I answered those questions in the beginning. (I had no idea what I was doing)

2) I started a life wizard because I'm more into taking care of people, but I still have my myth and I still love my myth wizard. I will absolutely NOT abandon it, because I don't want to be another one of "those" no offense intended to anyone.

3) n/a

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
My main wizard is actually a Myth. The main reason I chose it is due to being able to get past shields. I also chose it because I noticed there weren't a lot so I thought I might as well make one. Good luck on your project too. :)

Survivor
Jul 18, 2009
The reason I will not make a myth is because everything it's good at can be outsourced to a mastery amulet. It's only 2 AoE attacks are both school-trained. Earthquake pretty much makes myth and it's school trainable for all of your other wizards. Shatter TC's are plentiful in the bazaar, so even having that as a myth exclusive isn't fancy.

Myth also takes forever to wrap up a battle in the higher worlds, considering they have nothing to make up for their VERY low damage AoE attacks, unlike Death which heals themselves and allows them to live longer and setup for more AoE hits, and other schools just have plain damage with great affects like stuns () or are not focused at aoe in the first place but have one anyways and are justified by having a low damage AoE ()

Even making a new AoE for myth now would be sort of bad because of it's insanely hefty cost of 11 pips vs other school's great aoe's for the cost of about 7-9 pips.

-----------NOTE------------ THIS IS FOR PVE ONLY, Myth is absoultely great a PvP, but the PvE grind to get to LV90 to make it great just is too painful.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
1) I chose myth because i thought it was interesting, it goes with my style of battle just like on my fire.

(Myth Blade, Spirit Blade, Time of Legend, Reliquary)

2) I never will abandon it since it suits me best.

3) If so, maybe because at first all i heard was it was a bad school (then i tried it out for myself, its great).

Devin Starcaster Level 85
Wolf Jadebreaker Level 54
Eric Legendcaller Level 18
Destiny Nightglade Level 24

Explorer
Jun 10, 2012
I don't have a myth--yet. I will eventually, because I plan on having at least one of every school (I have two accounts).

So far I have four wizards: balance, ice, fire, and life. I suppose the real question for me is why myth wasn't one of my early choices. In fact, before I got my second account and thought I was going to have to leave one school out, myth was one I was considering skipping (death was the other).

Why? I was very turned off by the animations of the myth spells, at least the lower level ones. They all seem to involve regurgitating bodily fluids (drool/spit/vomit). It's just gross, and I didn't want to have to see that over and over again as I was questing.

However, now that I have seen some of myth's higher level spells as well as their very useful utility spells (shatter is a real lifesaver against balance and ice enemies), I have changed my opinion. My next wizard will probably be myth.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My L74 Myth has done very well so far in the game without any difficulty. I didn't think I would like Myth, but once I started one, it quickly became one of my favorites. I think the reason is because it takes time to master the school compared to others and you have to think more about how to defeat enemies. I like that sometimes.

It would be nice to have a higher level AOE, as I do get tired of seeing my Froggy barfing all the time in every single battle. Froggy is the staple of Myth in terms of attacks, and it shouldn't be. It's great for lower levels, but once you get to Zafaria and Avalon and your best AOE attack is Froggy, then some changes need to be made.

The minions do help in low levels, however, once you get to mid and upper levels, they become pretty useless and a waste of pips. Myth is known for their minions, but in all honesty, how often does anyone use them? Talos could be awesome, but many times he doesn't last long enough to even cast anything, as one good hit can take him out, and frankly, I don't have the time to protect the minion or give it more health.

Myth is a challenge to learn. It can be both support and attack in group battles which is nice.

Defender
Jan 22, 2012

1) At the time I had a bit of an infatuation with Blood Bat (who knows why) so I made a Myth wizard.
2) I simply got a bit bored of it. I kind of regret it now, though.
3) The only thing that stops me is that I have no space in my character selection!
Sierra Ashblood, Legendary

Survivor
Aug 11, 2011
I started a myth wizard because I found battles against myth opponents, at higher levels, to be among the toughest. I also wanted to have access to Shatter/Pierce and double attacks (like Minotaur and Orthrus) for shield smashing (I save Earthquake for PvP). I do think the minions are pretty worthless since the intelligence is so low (i.e., they always use up my traps!)

I am keeping the myth wizard because it is really useful in group battles. Group PvE battles do take a while in Azateca since I need to save pips to attack each opponent seperately and heal. But I do like the subtlety of the school, in comparison to the sledge hammers of storm/fire

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
A Balanced Life: I already have myth, actually. Its one level from promthean

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Taylor, Cyrus gets a lot better later in the game actually. He smiles for the first time at adept Also I reply to people like this just so everyone knows (person's name) :.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
@Calamity: I couldn't agree more about dimension shift. I'm just giving feedback to those I agree with (even though some of the things I say are completely random)

Explorer
Nov 29, 2012
Teccs on May 31, 2013 wrote:
The reason I will not make a myth is because everything it's good at can be outsourced to a mastery amulet. It's only 2 AoE attacks are both school-trained. Earthquake pretty much makes myth and it's school trainable for all of your other wizards. Shatter TC's are plentiful in the bazaar, so even having that as a myth exclusive isn't fancy.

Myth also takes forever to wrap up a battle in the higher worlds, considering they have nothing to make up for their VERY low damage AoE attacks, unlike Death which heals themselves and allows them to live longer and setup for more AoE hits, and other schools just have plain damage with great affects like stuns () or are not focused at aoe in the first place but have one anyways and are justified by having a low damage AoE ()

Even making a new AoE for myth now would be sort of bad because of it's insanely hefty cost of 11 pips vs other school's great aoe's for the cost of about 7-9 pips.

-----------NOTE------------ THIS IS FOR PVE ONLY, Myth is absoultely great a PvP, but the PvE grind to get to LV90 to make it great just is too painful.
Wait a minute. You can't say that Myth can be out sourced to a mastery amulet. It's not all about AoE spells you know? This school makes up with limited AoE's in 1-2 round stuns. Giving you a chance to hit an opponent 1-3 times without them being able to do anything about it (as long as you stack your pips right).

Having the shatter and pierce as an exclusive can be a good thing. Think about all of the gold spent on them. That will add up. Myth is one of those schools that gets around all of the things the other schools can't. In my opinion it's more of a combo of spirit and elemental schools like balance.

It's all in the wizard's skill. You can have the Myth that gives the school a bad name and plain just gives up on it because they don't know how to play it. Then there is the Myth that takes the time to learn the school's skill potential and can beat many mobs, bosses, and players all solo, and just rules PvP and PvE.

Explorer
Jun 23, 2012
CPS Cole on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
Wait a minute. You can't say that Myth can be out sourced to a mastery amulet. It's not all about AoE spells you know? This school makes up with limited AoE's in 1-2 round stuns. Giving you a chance to hit an opponent 1-3 times without them being able to do anything about it (as long as you stack your pips right).

Having the shatter and pierce as an exclusive can be a good thing. Think about all of the gold spent on them. That will add up. Myth is one of those schools that gets around all of the things the other schools can't. In my opinion it's more of a combo of spirit and elemental schools like balance.

It's all in the wizard's skill. You can have the Myth that gives the school a bad name and plain just gives up on it because they don't know how to play it. Then there is the Myth that takes the time to learn the school's skill potential and can beat many mobs, bosses, and players all solo, and just rules PvP and PvE.
I took the time to master Myth and all i can say is that its great. I had to choose another pure damage school to solo with which left was Storm and Myth. Most people would choose the obvious choice but I have to have good defenses setup in order for Storm to work and to many henchmen if i try to solo it. If I can solo my Fire like I do now I surely can solo Myth.

Devin Starcaster Lv 86
Eric Legendcaller Lv 21
Destiny Nightglade Lv 28
Wolf Jadebreaker Lv 90

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I had a level 7 named Lauren Legend but abandoned her for kind of a silly reason: she was the opposite school of my main wizard, Destiny Windgem.