Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Myth Project

AuthorMessage
Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Deleted her

Cyrus is a little mean. Also the spells creep me out. I wish I hadn't deleted her because I think Myth is cool now.

No free spaces.

Defender
Jun 17, 2012
I am level 67 in myth. I chose it because well... it's a long story. about 4 years ago I had a death level 14 death and at that time I played for free on a different account than I have now. I got bored so I decided to make a new character. I picked on that sounded cool, that was myth. I chose it because I am in to mythology. anyway I saw that you could cast minions to help you in myth. so I thought it was cool!
anyway eventually I forgot my password to that account and then I was thinking one day about this game. I created a new account and then I remembered that myth could cast minions. so 2 years later here I am. level 67 (about to get the basilik) in Zafaria

~Justin Firethief

Survivor
Jul 23, 2012
Well my myth wizard was my first wizard when I started playing wizard101 .... I got myth by taking the test ..... At first I wasn't so wild about my myth, but once I started understanding how wizard101 worked I really started to grow fond of my wizard......myth is wonderful at solo-ing which is great because it can be hard to find people willing to help sometimes..... Myth does take time and skill to work properly so I can see why some people wouldn't take to the myth class....

Angela Darksword Lvl 61

Explorer
Jul 16, 2012
Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Okay, the project will continue but for now these are the overall most said (I will list the 2nd and 3rd most used reasons after a week or two because at this time I am really busy ):

1) If you made a myth, why did you make it?

The major outcome was from past experiences (minions, PvP,etc. In other words myth seemed to appeal to people after they made their wizard)

2) If you made a myth, but abandoned it, why did you abandon it?
The major outcome was because it took time to master. (Let me give an honorary mention for this question, because there was one outcome that had more than I thought it would. The surprising reason a few people left myth was because Cyrus was very rude at the beginning, I expected this to not even show up!)

3) If you do not have a myth, what is keeping you from making one?
The major outcome was that people ran out of space to make a myth.

If I'm wrong about any of the leading outcomes please tell me! I know the results will take awhile because (happily) there are a lot of people posting feedback, also I am really busy these days! Keep up the good work guys and i'll have the response in by at most two weeks!

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i do have a baby myth wizard, and i chose it because i hated balance and wanted to experiment with the other schools. and then, i needed a conjurer for my nanowrimo fan-fic. lol.

i haven't abandoned him, per se, but he is one of my least-played characters (mostly because it requires running 2 accounts at once, since he quests with a same-level ice wiz on my alt account).

-v.

Defender
May 29, 2009
The reason i abandoned my myth was right when I noticed how much of a disadvantage it had over the other schools. Weak attacks, little all enemy spells, and a boost on storm, the least common school that I have seen enemies have, and most spells were just damage, no effects. And I couldn't find any upside to all that except for minions which I didn't find very helpful.

Anthony Ashcatcher lv70

Explorer
Nov 17, 2012
taylor swiftblosso... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
I once had a myth and I chose her because I liked that they could summon minions early on.

I abandoned her because I didn't really like Cyrus' attitude and he made me feel snobby, although I didn't really like the spells that they had either.

The reason I still don't have one is for the same reason I abandoned her.

Taylor S.
lol you have a good point but he does really care about you more after you learned the medusa spell lol

Defender
Aug 08, 2012
Puppylove1021 on Jun 1, 2013 wrote:
Deleted her

Cyrus is a little mean. Also the spells creep me out. I wish I hadn't deleted her because I think Myth is cool now.

No free spaces.
I recenlty made another Myth wizard. Her name is Brianna Lionheart and she is level 15 already. I had to delete my balance (she wasn't my main) to make her.

Explorer
Sep 01, 2012
I have a Myth. She is my second Wizard, With an Ice to start. I got to about Level 15 on my Ice, Michelle MistWalker. That was until I noticed all those times I rejected Myth in the quiz. I truly belong in Myth. I deleted the Ice, And got started on my true inner wizard. I honestly have no idea why people are ratting on Myth.
~Sabrinamisty, The Koolest Kitty around! ( Sabrina MistCloud, Level 48 Myth wizard! )

Delver
Feb 25, 2013
I just made a myth because that is what the test gave me and my sister says she is going to, too! Her name is Destiny Mythsong.

Survivor
Oct 12, 2012
isn't the best school. The best school is . has the coolest spells

Explorer
Aug 30, 2009
I have a myth character because basically i wanted to try each type. And i just never deleted him. He is now 71 and I'm really considering deleting him because i just want to start other people to high levels. The only reason i keep my myth is because he has a pagoda gauntlet and the winter winds castle.

Lvl. 71 Christo mythspear

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
Question for myth folks:

On my storm wizard I used the standard water elemental minion pretty much all the time from Krokotopia on up through Mooshu, then found he was not earning his keep after facing some of the bosses in DS.

After level 50, I had taken him entirely out of all builds of my deck.

Likewise on my life wiz I'm at mid 30's and half the time I simply side out or discard the sprite minion because my health is high enough to soak up damage while I blade and trap. Against a boss, I'm better off shielding more cause it lets me attack sooner.

Now, I realize myth have more minions, better minions, different levels of minions. I have worked with level 70+ myth who still find minotaur minion helpful. I've also seen minionless soloists do well in places such as Wintertusk and Zafaria, and they swear by their decision to go seat-of-pants. This doesn't seem unreasonable, since this seems the rule rather than the exception in more advanced worlds.

For the higher level myth out there, do you still use your minion(s)? If so, which ones, and what situations? If not, when did you stop bringing out minions, and what did you gain by dropping them?

Do you wish there were additional minions beyond Minotaur/Talos/whatever? Do you think not having a rank 9 or 10 minion with excellent support spells is contributing to conjurer attrition at higher levels?

Explorer
May 05, 2011
-I have a Myth as my main character, because during the test i was chosen myth. To all those people who say myth is "weak". You're dead wrong. :P Myth has the craziest side effects and also is very useful in both PvP and PvE. Myth has the highest damage in the lvl 48 and 78 spells. Besides the pet spells and tc, Myth is the only one that can hit twice. They also stun twice, they steal pips, and they can be BEAST with earthquake. Quit underestimating myth, and you wonder why the most annoying in Azteca were Myth enemies....

- I wouldnt abandon my Myth because its Maxed out and it would be dumb of me to do so. xD

-N/A I have an epic myth.. :D

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
It seems like 75 percent of people love Death and think Myth is terrible. And then there's this 15 percent of people who are trying to stick up for Myth, and those 10 percent who just don't care. Why can't people just leave Myth alone? Really, we all have opinions, and before some person goes and says really annoyingly "It's a free country" because actually my Myth is better than my Death and my Death is 32 levels higher.

Joshua Shadowblade, Level 65
Isaac Bluesteel, Level 50
Ethan Ironheart, Level 33

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
Can we get 10 myths around the commons at any given time? If we can I will throw a party.

Survivor
Apr 13, 2013
i like myth a lot it is to me an awesome school and its cool you can get minions at a low level even though balance gives you a minion at level 18.please tell me if i should make a myth.

i am a and i'm level 23 i am on a lot

Explorer
Dec 20, 2012
AlphaWolf02 on Jun 12, 2013 wrote:
Can we get 10 myths around the commons at any given time? If we can I will throw a party.
I will! The only reason people dont choose myth is because professor drake has a little attitude, but he practically loves you when you get up to lvl 20. Doesnt anybody remember when he said, i wish i could have some adept pupils for once? One of the only reasons why i kept this wizard is to prove im one student .

Tavia WyrmPyre

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
taylor swiftblosso... on May 30, 2013 wrote:
I once had a myth and I chose her because I liked that they could summon minions early on.

I abandoned her because I didn't really like Cyrus' attitude and he made me feel snobby, although I didn't really like the spells that they had either.

The reason I still don't have one is for the same reason I abandoned her.

Taylor S.
I think Cyrus likes you eventually. Not sure, but maybe...

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
Ok. I am a Promethean Myth. My Myth is my main wizard, and he is the first wizard I've ever made. Myth is difficult to master for those of you don't have a Myth or don't know much about us. Advice for those who want to make a Myth for Pvp. Stick to 1v1 only, or you'll lose ALOT. Aoe's are Myth's weaknesses besides Earth. Trust me on this, >1v1< ONLY. Myth is the master of 1v1, common knowledge to anyone who plays the game. Minions+Shatter+Stuns+Shift= Unstoppable, if you know what your doing that is. Myth has decent health and damage though so its not a weak class. For example, my Myth has 77 damage. That's fairly good for Myth. Myth IS one of my favorite classes and I like it very much. So if you haven't made one yet, MAKE ONE. If you've abandoned your Myth, lmao bad choice honestly. My main purpose to Wizard101 is that I 1v1 a lot, so I absolutely think Myth is the best choice for pvp, other than Life and Ice.

1st age Pvp Commander

Explorer
Jan 07, 2013
1. I have just made my first Myth wizard. I chose Myth because I love the simplistic yet defined design the spells have, especially Humungofrog and Minotaur . I also am in love with Greek mythology, which some of the spells are based on.

2. I wouldn't abandon it as I have just started and should at LEAST give it a chance as I have with every school.

3. The only thing that held me back at first was that Death was available. I love dark themes, and the Death school is full of them!

Alex Blood, Level 6

Defender
Jun 22, 2011
I will check for myths at 3:00 PM eastern time, on Friday. If we can complete the goal, the party time will be announced.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
@Courtney: I never asked what the best school is I asked questions about Myth to figure out why people are abandoning it.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Okay guys the results are in! Keep posting and I will announce if there is a change in the outcome! I will also post answers to all difficulties with myth that make you want to abandon it!

1) If you have a myth, why did you make it?

The biggest outcome was that after taking the test at the beginning, it sent you to myth.

2) If you had a myth, but abandoned it, why did you abandon it?

I really want to stop people from abandoning their myth so I will list the top 3 and give solutions.

A) It was below expectations. I am dumbfounded by this! Myth is constantly used and you don't know it! Without Myth, Mirror Lake would be the new Xibalba and Ghost Avalon ....

B) Cyrus was very rude. If you had gotten to adept, he smiles for the first time. He ends up as one of the most favored professors on a post about the most favored professors. Umm?

C) I wanted to make a new character but ran out of room so I deleted him. Myth is worth more than you think. If you want a new character, I seriously advise deleting a different character.

3) If you don't have a myth, what is keeping you from making one?

The biggest out come was similar to 2C. The biggest outcome was once again; no room left. W101 is running out of myths and this is BAD. People quitting myth and going to mastery amulets is unwise. When the new world comes out, I believe that decision will be regretted

3) If you don't have