Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Least/Most Popular Schools

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Ever since Avalon came out I noticed something. Everywhere I went I saw fire, fire, fire ,fire, death, ice, storm, storm, storm, life, life, death, balance, balance, and then only one Myth: me. I believe that ever since Avalon came out, people started ditching Myth and getting mastery amulets for it instead. So the point is, I would like to know your opinion on the most popular and the least popular schools. The least popular one is Myth, in my opinion, and the most popular is Fire, also in my opinion. What's yours?

Survivor
May 15, 2013
are my favorite. Storm is pretty hard to start with though seeing how its defenses are weak and the accuracy is low. Life gives you loads of healing which i love. My least favorite are .

Defender
Apr 08, 2009
In my opinon, Myth is the least popular.

I'd say the most popular school is either Fire or Ice

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
I believe myth is the least popular and fire or storm is the most popular.

Personally, myth is my favorite school to play and death my least favorite.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
In a general sense, Myth seems to be an unpopular school. I do not see many of them anymore. When I went to Azteca, I started to notice a pattern. Many Diviners and Pyromancers seemed to be questing, so it was a little odd for me, a Theurgist, to step in. In my opinion, the Storm School and the Fire School are both very popular among wizards these days.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
My favorite schools are

Storm is pure damage, gross. Ice, pure defense and no attack. Meh. Fire, weaker than ice at high levels.
(Sun serpent vs. Wooly Mammoth)

Life death and balance fit my gameplay style. Thats all.

Survivor
Apr 22, 2009
I'm a Myth. It's my favorite school. I'm a First Age Warlord, so it's not impossible to be good with Myth. I don't understand why Myth is dying out. My seconday school is Storm. As you can probably see from my school choices, I'm all about getting rid of people's defenses and then outright destroying them. In my opinion, that's how you win a battle. Alas, most people seem to disagree, because it seems that Ice has become the most popular school. In my opinion, from most to least popular, it goes: Ice, Fire, Storm, Death, Balance, Life, Myth. To me, that's not cool at all.

Ryan HawkBlood Level 34

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Myth is an awesome school to play if people took the time to learn how to play it. It's a shame there aren't as many Myth around, but people want to hit hard and fast, so Storm and Fire are the schools many choose.

My order of favorite to least favorite:

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
It would be interesting to see statistics on how many people choose Myth (or get a Myth wizard out of their quiz result); and how many actively questing conjurers there are left at level 30, 50, 70, 90.

If an equal number of people start with Myth as with other schools, but over time they abandon their choice, then perhaps KI could look at why. Say they find a high attrition rate around level 70, this could be because there are a lot of annoying tough Myth bosses in Avalon. Or level 50, perhaps it's because a lot of the CL heavy hitters are storm monsters who regularly myth shield first or second round. Or perhaps there's a spell power level gap between Myth and other schools that becomes more apparent at some point in time.

If it's just that few people are starting with Myth perhaps it's time to look at why w101 players don't choose Myth.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Dog and Kay, I said the least POPULAR and the most POPULAR, not your favorites. What I mean is tell me which ones you see the most of, and which ones you see the least.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Yeah there aren't many people who are myth, true. Storm and fire are popular choices because of the strength. I was originally ice but made a new wiz because I wanted to be life for the heals. Oh @karma321 I'm a promethean life wiz too but there are a good # of life wizards around in Azteca as far as I have seen.

Mastermind
May 12, 2009
sparky000052638 on May 29, 2013 wrote:
Yeah there aren't many people who are myth, true. Storm and fire are popular choices because of the strength. I was originally ice but made a new wiz because I wanted to be life for the heals. Oh @karma321 I'm a promethean life wiz too but there are a good # of life wizards around in Azteca as far as I have seen.
Yes, there are a good amount of Theurgists in Azteca now, but when the world had first come out, I saw a series of Pyromancers and Diviners. I now see more variety, and I am glad about that.
~Shannon Skybreaker

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Delver
Oct 26, 2010
1= Most popular

7= Least popular

1. Ice

2. Storm

3. Life

4. Fire

5. Balance

6. Death

7. Myth Wolf HawkBreaker Promethean
A Balanced Life
' Stuffs hard. We get it. Now go."

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
At any rate, this thread got me to thinking.

When I first started out, I made six wizards and resolved to level them all as far as I could, given one year subscription.

So far I've leveled a life, fire, and storm. The storm was a personal challenge to see if I could deal with the awful fiz rate and low health - as it turns out, she leveled to 68 in the same time it took me to lvl the life to 30.

I do have other wizards waiting - the next one in line is myth.

Now that I've read this thread and actually started noticing the scarcity of conjurers in AV and ZF, it's clear the real challenge isn't the storm, it's steering the myth to 90.

The problem is, where do I find a good promethean mentor. With storm, it was no problem finding any number of venerable level 90's with nothing to do after AZ except mentor a number of diviner barns. I'm grateful for this, and now the challenge is to do the same with myth.

I haven't seen ANY myth higher than level 55 in all my travels around the spiral. I've helped folks in av, az, zf, trial of the spheres, etc. hours at a time and only see elementalists and the occasional death. Even balance ranks are thin, and I think the lifes make themselves deliberately scarce to avoid being relegated to battle medic role. (Heaven help you if you're storm and someone sees that you have a life ammy on - they will pester you to satyr them every round even when you have 11 health and full rack with garg temp in hand.)

Of note the pvp ladder is well padded with myth at the top, and no storms for the first 3 pages. Make of that what you will.

Challenge accepted, KI. If a myth mentor doesn't show up, then I guess by default I'm the myth mentor.

Explorer
Feb 06, 2010
Shannon Skybreaker on May 30, 2013 wrote:
Yes, there are a good amount of Theurgists in Azteca now, but when the world had first come out, I saw a series of Pyromancers and Diviners. I now see more variety, and I am glad about that.
~Shannon Skybreaker
Oh yeah, that makes more sense. I left Wiz101 for about two years and recently returned so Azteca probably came out a while ago.

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I misread the intent of the thread as well.

What I see most of and least of:

My Myth is currently in Avalon, but when I was in Zafaria, there was one day when I saw two other Myths. We huddled together and quested for the day. We talked about how there were no Myths out there, and that it was amazing the three of us Myths found each other.

Defender
Feb 26, 2012
Its funny how you all say ice is the most popular and that myth is the least popular. But after I beat the game the first time, I made a myth then life death fire storm and NOT ice. I eventually created another account to play through wizard city as a ice wizard but he isn't that fun. My favorite is balance my least favorite is ice.

~John Dragoncatcher lvl 83 Balance~

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Crunkatog: I am near promethean by one level , actually. I was disappointed to see so many myths fizzling out and this is the reason I made this thread. If anyone needs mentoring in the art of myth, tell me! Myth isn't that hard, you just need to know what spells to use in what situations.

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
@TheAwesomeMyth: Glad to have the help. I'm just shy of level 10 as of this morning and be glad to set a time to meet and add you at your convenience. I'm mostly interested in building a PVP-capable myth with death or life mastery (those are the only two amulets i have so far XD)

Defender
Nov 01, 2012
This is awkward lol. All I mostly see is promo myth, fire, ice, and life.

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Crunkatog: I'm not going to be on from June fifth to somewhere around the twelfth. How about tomorrow realm leprechaun at 2:00 PM? Meet me in the commons and my in game name is Blaze Mythmancer . Using myth is difficult only because sometimes our spells aren't as standard as we think, bu toyu just need to know how to use them and when. Acampi Reedfist beat me today because Celestial Calendar wasn't as powerful as I remember ... anyway I'll see you then?

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
By tomorrow I mean 6/1. Also I made a typo, I was saying ,"..sometimes our spells are not as standard as we think, *but you* need to know how to use them and when"

Defender
Jan 21, 2011
Crunkatog, I'm going to have to push mentoring to the third, still the same time and palce though. Sorry, something important has come up!