Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

No Hats? New Hair? How about no wands?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
I am not a big fan of most of the wands but yet I have to have one after a certain level to obtain a pip or power pip. Is it impossible to be able to duplicate the spell casting movement and still gain a pip or power pip at certain levels? It works with hair.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Jack Flame on May 11, 2013 wrote:
I am not a big fan of most of the wands but yet I have to have one after a certain level to obtain a pip or power pip. Is it impossible to be able to duplicate the spell casting movement and still gain a pip or power pip at certain levels? It works with hair.
You don't have to have a wand to gain a pip. You get a pip or power pip on each turn.
It's your choice whether to equip a wand or not. Personally I find them handy to remove shields if nothing else.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
Yes but most wands when you are above level 45 give you a plus 1 power pip to start in addition to your starting pips. I guess I meant it more like the hair item Raven, where you would still have a wand but stitched with your hands like the hair.

Defender
May 03, 2009
Jack Flame on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Yes but most wands when you are above level 45 give you a plus 1 power pip to start in addition to your starting pips. I guess I meant it more like the hair item Raven, where you would still have a wand but stitched with your hands like the hair.
Like maybe we could have gloves?

Explorer
Nov 05, 2011
Scarlet Hawk on May 13, 2013 wrote:
Gloves! Brilliant!

Survivor
Jul 02, 2011
what a great idea! i love gloves

Keira Breeze lvl 75

Explorer
Sep 05, 2010
Jack Flame on May 12, 2013 wrote:
Stitching a wand into your hands sounds painful, especially getting it out.

But gloves sound like a great idea.

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
No hats and no wands in my opinion is a terrible idea...To me the wands and hats are very well done and epic. Your suggestion of new hair is something I kind of agree on but I do not know... I think we should be able to change hair style and color whenever wanted... Also, we should be able to change our looks whenever wanted. I think of this because many many many etc... people regret their looks and hair.. Such as me... I regret picking my ugly hair and looks but do not want to delete my level 74 storm character.. Many many many etc... people feel the same. Many people have quit Wizard101 because of the feature to change your hair and hair color whenever wanted and to change your looks whenever wanted. On the other hand, your idea of no hats and no wands is terrible in my opinion... The hats and wands are epic and very well done as I said. Also, I find no reasons or true facts to take out the feature of hats and wands.

From,
Kristen StormCloud level 74 storm [Diviner] also known as, (Intelligence)

Explorer
Mar 18, 2012
Yes...gloves are perfect.

Explorer
Apr 02, 2011
Maybee wand like things where you hold a fire ball intead of a fire wand or a electric ball instead of a storm wand!

Explorer
Apr 30, 2010
How about a pair of gauntlets, AKA metal gloves, with the spell epic-ized on the set, Like a storm spell wand could have a lightning or plasma ball set around the gloves, and does the animation of your char showing up in middle, putting their hands together in a circle and the element starts forming, Like a fireball in the case of a storm school, or something of the sort.

Anyways, l8r guys, and as always, My quote farewell

"When there is darkness, there is light, where the bells ring, all goes silent in the end. Fear not young warrior, and brave the tasks ahead"

Squire
Jul 28, 2011
They are handy to break annoying shields as Ravenlady said. And they give you an extra pip or powerpip, which is useful, and when those bosses or mob is down by under 100 health, it's an easy kill. You technically don't have to equip a wand, but I suggest you do.

Also: Whats a wizard with out his/her trusty wand?

Angela Dragonstone level 84

Defender
May 03, 2009
I feel appreciated :D

So, maybe the gloves could be colored for each school (I get black, yay!) and ice would get white, life green, storm purple, fire red, myth yellow, balance tan, and of course death black. Then they would be like hairstyles, any level, no auction and there could be a different pair of gloves for non-school spirit, so these are non-dyable. My ideas for now.

Mastermind
Sep 30, 2009
gaunlets/gloves sounds like a good idea.

Survivor
Dec 20, 2009
IceWarlord1380 on May 28, 2013 wrote:
Maybee wand like things where you hold a fire ball intead of a fire wand or a electric ball instead of a storm wand!
Some of my thoughts exactly. I am currently fighting in Azteca and the fire zombie lizards don't have a wand, they make the movement to cast but have nothing in their hands. Yet they also start off with like 4 gold pips so I know it is possible to do. I actually like the casting movement with no wand equipped, however I don't like to lose my stats for the plus one power pip to start out the match.

Maybe even like some suggested, gloves or gauntlets, depending on how you like to dress your wizard. Also what you said Star, Ravenscar and Dragonspyre mobs have some of the things you are talking about.

Defender
Dec 27, 2011
I still use my branded wand and I am level 49. I use it still because I get a 1 pip spell from every school. Do they have wands that are like branded wands only better?

Defender
Nov 15, 2008
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
wizardrokz on May 31, 2013 wrote:
They are handy to break annoying shields as Ravenlady said. And they give you an extra pip or powerpip, which is useful, and when those bosses or mob is down by under 100 health, it's an easy kill. You technically don't have to equip a wand, but I suggest you do.

honestly, if wands didn't have such good stats, i wouldn't bother with them.

i am a balance wizard and, therefore, cannot wand off weakness or break shields without losing all of my buffs as well. if ki were to create gloves or gauntlets with stats, but no wand cards (maybe with cleanse charm or shatter attached instead), i would totally bite.

-v.
promethean and

Survivor
Jul 12, 2012
wizardrokz on May 31, 2013 wrote:

Exactly!.. Really there is no wizard if you don't have a wand!

Also.. I think RavenLady777 is right.. They should break annoying shields!

Survivor
Mar 25, 2011
KrisKris333 on Jun 17, 2013 wrote:
Exactly!.. Really there is no wizard if you don't have a wand!

Also.. I think RavenLady777 is right.. They should break annoying shields!
How about Bracelets? My cousin says that it doesn't make cense.
JoshuaGoldGem

"Everything starts with nothing"

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
There are lots of alternatives to wand and staffs used by wizards in folklore.
- string of beads
- charmed cards
- incense burners
- little dolls or statues
- magic dust and powders

When we use treasure cards I think it would make more sense and look really cool if our character pulled out a stack of cards or papers, selected one, and then cast it by reading it, throwing it in the air, or burning it.

I always assumed treasure cards are like magically prepared cards that are primed and ready for use even by novice wizards. Hence a level 2 wizard can cast high ranking tc spells. So it doesn't make sense for the magic to emanate from your wand.