Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Have to do dungeons again

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
I do a dungeon and when i come back to it, it gives me quests to do it again?? :/
Is that meant to be happening or is there some kind of prob?

Adherent
Jul 03, 2010
BritishPaige on May 5, 2013 wrote:
I do a dungeon and when i come back to it, it gives me quests to do it again?? :/
A few times while questing though the spiral you will be given quests to go back into a dungeon you have completed already. Since you have completed this quest earlier you do not have to repeat the entire dungeon again - just collect what you needed and exit out.

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Yea I know, when I came back to a dungeon I completed, I had to do the whole dungeon again to unlock places I already unlocked from the quests I done in the dungeon previously

Defender
May 03, 2009
BritishPaige on May 5, 2013 wrote:
Is this dungeon by chance The Labyrinth? You come there so many times.

1) The real quest
2) The level 48 spell and pet (same quest)
3) The staff
4) The book
5) The stone rose

Yikes! That's a lot. After you complete the Labyrinth, you do one tower, then come back and do the staff quest. You have to go back to the Labyrinth and do half of it again in order to get to the Obsidian Chest (holding a part of the staff) and get the quest.

Or did you mean that you did a dungeon, went out, went back on the sigil, and went in and got the same quest?

Scarlet Hawk
Promethean Necromancer
Amber Rose
Apprentice Sorcerer
"Why? The world may never know."

Survivor
May 02, 2009
Okay. Based on what you are telling us, both 90167 and brwac are correct. However, all Dungeon Warnings all tell you the same thing:

Warning!: You are about to enter a dungeon! If you log out or leave for more than 30 minutes, you will lose all the progress you have made in this dungeon and have to start over from the beginning! This dungeon takes approximately ____ hours, ___ minutes to complete. Are you sure you want to enter this dungeon?

If you disabled Dungeon Warnings and did not finish listening to the first one, then you have obviously missed the key information in the second sentence.

If, however, you did the above, then it must be a software issue. Unless your problem's solution lies in the hands of 90167 or brwac. ;D

If not, hope I helped! XD

- Jared WinterFlame
Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
nooo
I do a dungeon. ITS COMPLETED.
I come back and it gives my a quest to do it again. If i have to go back to certain areas in the dungeon, it's locks because I had to do a quest to unlock it before.
Thats not meant to be happening right?

Survivor
Mar 12, 2013
Ok I get what you are saying. Yes, when you re-enter the dungeon, no matter the reason, it will give you the same quests over and over again, this is so that you would be able to farm loot from specific bosses (like Pops o Leary for example). This is supposed to be happening, it is the way it has been since launch I think.

Kyle Moonstalker Level 51 Thaumaturge

Defender
May 03, 2009
BritishPaige on May 8, 2013 wrote:
nooo
I do a dungeon. ITS COMPLETED.
I come back and it gives my a quest to do it again. If i have to go back to certain areas in the dungeon, it's locks because I had to do a quest to unlock it before.
Thats not meant to be happening right?
Did you leave for thirty minutes or log out for thirty minutes? You would have to start the dungeon over, therefore locking all the areas that you unlocked.

Survivor
May 02, 2009
OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Now I know what you mean!!!!!! :O

After you complete the dungeon, and want to do it again, you have to go through those quests again!

Omg. I was so scared I was like "What bug is this?!"

If you want to run through the dungeon again, you have to play through the dungeon like you did the very first time you did it! Phew.... Got me worried......

- Jared WinterFlame
Legendary Sorcerer

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Pizza604 on May 9, 2013 wrote:
OOOOOHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
Now I know what you mean!!!!!! :O

After you complete the dungeon, and want to do it again, you have to go through those quests again!

Omg. I was so scared I was like "What bug is this?!"

If you want to run through the dungeon again, you have to play through the dungeon like you did the very first time you did it! Phew.... Got me worried......

- Jared WinterFlame
Legendary Sorcerer
Nooo
I don't want to do it again :/
you know sometimes you get quests to go back to a dungeon you've already completed? Yea that's what I get but that dungeon has certain areas locked because when I first done the dungeon it gave me quests to unlock everything but say I have to go back to it I have to do all the quests again to unlock stuff

Survivor
Mar 04, 2010
Scarlet Hawk on May 9, 2013 wrote:
Did you leave for thirty minutes or log out for thirty minutes? You would have to start the dungeon over, therefore locking all the areas that you unlocked.
So your saying that when I complete a dungeon I have to stay 30 minutes or so after so it won't get reset?