Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New to Necromancy

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
popcicool7777777 here. OK so I'm trying to experiment all 7 schools of magic so I created a Necromancer since I think this school has great capacities of soloing.

So as I asked on my "A call to the Diviners" post, I would like to get an opinion from a true Necromancer.

Here was what I thought I could train:

Myth to Earthquake and Mutate Minotaur (Good 4 pip AoE, shield breaker and Death Minotaur)
Spirit Blade, Trap and Spear as well as Reshuffle
Shield, Buff and Mend Minion
Cloak, Colossal, Sharp Blade, Potent Trap, Primordial
Conviction, Fortify, Infailable, Vengeance, Empowerment, Berserk, Mend, Virulence

Tell me if this would be good and tell me more about the school, strategies that worked/not worked and anything else!

#popcicool7777777

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I am level 87 death school, first wizard. Soloed almost all of 2nd arc. No henchmen ever. No crown gear. No power leveling, and obviously no shared bank stuff. I am in azteca with a mediocre pet. No secondary school except sun, only to learn colossal.

Primary Strategies in 1st arc Worlds:
- get power pip rating as high as possible. Being able to hit hard and often wins the battle.
- you survive by hitting and stealing health.
- traps, blades, feints, then hit. Repeat over and over.
- very rarely use spells that dont steal health.
- you are at the mercy of others not to take your traps and feints.
- I don't bother with shields and stuff. I take hits, I don't care. Just get the battle over with.
- I could not survive prolonged battles very well. Must kill and get it over with.

Primary Strategies in 2nd arc Worlds:
- very similar to first arc world's. Just bigger spells.
- as critical gets introduced I go for maximum critical rating. I had enough health to take occasional critical hits no problem. Primary focus: kill enemy. Fast. But as enemies critical improved (in Avalon?) critical resistance became primary item in gear.
- in both azteca and avalon I am having very little trouble. It's kinda easy actually. I don't play with any fancy strategy. Just kill. Fast. Using big hits. Little hits get you no where.

Happy Wizarding

Champion
Feb 03, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
popcicool7777777 here. OK so I'm trying to experiment all 7 schools of magic so I created a Necromancer since I think this school has great capacities of soloing.

So as I asked on my "A call to the Diviners" post, I would like to get an opinion from a true Necromancer.

Myth to Earthquake and Mutate Minotaur (Good 4 pip AoE, shield breaker and Death Minotaur)
Conviction, Fortify, Infailable, Vengeance, Empowerment, Berserk, Mend, Virulence

Tell me if this would be good and tell me more about the school, strategies that worked/not worked and anything else!

#popcicool7777777
Everything is good, except becareful on the minion cards, even though death gets one of the best if not the best summon card, it's really a burden to have in the higher worlds. Might want to get tower shield and weakness as always.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
RottenHeart on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:
I am level 87 death school, first wizard. Soloed almost all of 2nd arc. No henchmen ever. No crown gear. No power leveling, and obviously no shared bank stuff. I am in azteca with a mediocre pet. No secondary school except sun, only to learn colossal.

Primary Strategies in 1st arc Worlds:
- get power pip rating as high as possible. Being able to hit hard and often wins the battle.
- you survive by hitting and stealing health.
- traps, blades, feints, then hit. Repeat over and over.
- very rarely use spells that dont steal health.
- you are at the mercy of others not to take your traps and feints.
- I don't bother with shields and stuff. I take hits, I don't care. Just get the battle over with.
- I could not survive prolonged battles very well. Must kill and get it over with.

Primary Strategies in 2nd arc Worlds:
- very similar to first arc world's. Just bigger spells.
- as critical gets introduced I go for maximum critical rating. I had enough health to take occasional critical hits no problem. Primary focus: kill enemy. Fast. But as enemies critical improved (in Avalon?) critical resistance became primary item in gear.
- in both azteca and avalon I am having very little trouble. It's kinda easy actually. I don't play with any fancy strategy. Just kill. Fast. Using big hits. Little hits get you no where.

Happy Wizarding
Thank you! And, what else have you trained with the other points? I trained them to myth, because as I said the 4 pip AoE and studf. But what else have you trained with extra points?

Thanks again!

Your friend Popci

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
popcicool7777777 on Mar 12, 2013 wrote:
Thank you! And, what else have you trained with the other points? I trained them to myth, because as I said the 4 pip AoE and studf. But what else have you trained with extra points?

Thanks again!

Your friend Popci
When I was under level 15 I trained a couple fire school spells. Fire elf and something else. But I quickly learned that off-school spells are not a great idea because they waste power pips. For death school its most effecient to trap, blade, feint, then a stealing health attack. Using other school stuff just slows down the process and wastes pips.

Also in 1st arc worlds I used an off-school wand, so I could hit without disturbing my death traps & blades. But in 2nd arc worlds I always used a death school wand because it does much more damage with my gear boosts, but more importantly I use it to get rid of death school shields (or any shields) on the enemy.

Additional Note: Generally speaking in 2nd arc worlds its faster and easier to solo most of it. Strangers are very unpredictable and often add the greatest element of difficulty (for death school). When questing into new challenging territory Death School works best with good friends or complete solo.

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
When I first started I learned some fire school spells, but never used them once I entered Marleybone.

Somewhere along my travels I learned balance school elemental trap and spirit blades. Learning zero/low pip off-school spells could be fine, but I never bothered much with shields. Its better to just take the hit and then recover the health with your own health-stealing attack.

Death School Team Mates:
- Life school is a perfect team mate. Balance and Myth are good too.
- Storm and Ice are okay, but attack timing and coordination is best.
- Fire school makes a poor team mate uness well coordinated. DoT spells prevent the trap/feint/kill strategy.
- Another death school is not super good, unless well coordinated.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
popcicool7777777 on Mar 11, 2013 wrote:

#popcicool7777777
Thanks guys (or girls!) for all your tips really apreciated

Anywhays, I already created the Wizard, he is still in unicorn way though

I think that I will train Myth first, and then Spirit Blade/Trap ASAP!

Now which school will I do next?!

Stay tuned, my wizards!

#Mr. Cicool

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
My level 75 Death never trained a second school, as he did just fine on his own the entire time. He's at the first part of Avalon, but helped someone in Azteca last night with a little bit of questing, and did very well holding his own, including some nice big hits. Of course, I did not join any one else's battle, and left the area as soon as my friend was done questing for the evening.

The one spell I wanted badly was the Deer Knight. That is an awesome spell for Death, as it takes 5 pips and is an AOE spell that you can hit with earlier than Scarecrow. I crafted it at level 70.

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
my second wizard is a level 86 necromancer~

use of training points:

spirit blade
spirit trap
amplify
fortify
stun block
monstrous
gargantuan
colossal
virulence

generally speaking, secondary schools are pointless, but my life and death wizards do have them. reason being: neither has an aoe until after the malistaire fight, which makes battles quite long and tedious.

valerian trained myth to quake~ i used frog to get through that battle; also, my spirit blades were good for both, and the -70% life/death shields were also nice for not empowering or dark-pact-ing myself. now, i'm just too lazy (and too cheap) to buy them back.

i love deer knight, but hate crafting; if the reagents were easier to get, i would totally do it.

-von
valerian deathwhisper, archmage necromancer.