Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few suggestions Warning: *Long*

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
I have a few suggestions:

You guys should increase the last level cap to 101 (because the title is Wizard101) However, it can be a really dramatic change in the game (not for the bad, but for survival mode) Since it is the last level cap, it should be beneficial once again but very intense.

From the last level cap, you can add more spells and extra features to the game to spice it up. The level 101 spells should be our magic teachers, the Professors of Ravenwood. We can finally get the badge Headmaster at level 101. This sounds really fun, and I hope you think the same way.

To me there is no point going in any more worlds in the game.

Again, after the last level cap 101, you can add more spells and gear to make it very interesting.

Also on the other hand pet training is really frustrating. I just wanted to make a note that not everyone has time to pet train all day as we have other things to do. In addition, I think you should put a cap on pet hatches. For example, you and your partner's pet will have to undergo approximate ____ (number of hatches) to receive these pet talents:
*A chart of talents shows*
This message should appear after every hatch has been made by both wizards. This will increase our motivation to train our pets!!

I am really begging you to do this, I just need pet training to have a little more motivation. I believe my suggestions are extremely logical, so please add these to the game.

Sorry if it's long!

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
Confessor379 on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:

You guys should increase the last level cap to 101 (because the title is Wizard101) However, it can be a really dramatic change in the game (not for the bad, but for survival mode) Since it is the last level cap, it should be beneficial once again but very intense.

From the last level cap, you can add more spells and extra features to the game to spice it up. The level 101 spells should be our magic teachers, the Professors of Ravenwood. We can finally get the badge Headmaster at level 101. This sounds really fun, and I hope you think the same way.

Again, after the last level cap 101, you can add more spells and gear to make it very interesting.

Also on the other hand pet training is really frustrating. I just wanted to make a note that not everyone has time to pet train all day as we have other things to do. In addition, I think you should put a cap on pet hatches. For example, you and your partner's pet will have to undergo approximate ____ (number of hatches) to receive these pet talents:
This message should appear after every hatch has been made by both wizards. This will increase our motivation to train our pets!!

I am really begging you to do this, I just need pet training to have a little more motivation. I believe my suggestions are extremely logical, so please add these to the game.

Sorry if it's long!
You would have to add more worlds or someway of leveling up because you could not reach 101 without high xp quests.

Well you could but it would be an endless grind that would frustrate and annoy people.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010

Sorry if it's long!
There was just a new level cap with the new world. That's how it works. A little patience is required here.
As for pet hatching, it's random, just like all pet talents. I don't see your suggestion happening as it takes the randomness out of the mix.

Explorer
Dec 24, 2008
what a coincedence! I posted the same thing a few weeks ago about having the next lvl cap be 101. i wouldnt want that to be the last lvl cap though.

Erica ShadowRunner lvl 86 Balance~over and out

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009

Sorry if it's long!
First off, what makes you think the next world is the last. KI has already stated they will continue with now content for this game. I for one as well as many others want to see this game continue far longer than you propose. Maybe to you there is no point in more worlds but Others may think much differently.

A cap on Pet Hatches? Seriously? No. Training pets can be frustrating but if you want to get that perfect pet, then train you must. No, everyone does not have time to pet train all days as many are either in school or work fultime jobs, but, they still find the time to train if they really want that pet bad enough. As for putting a cap on those hatches, you must understand that it can take a large number of hatches before a player actually gets a pet with the talents they are looking for. And a lot of those hatches are hybrid in which case, the talents can not be determined for the new pet. They have just as much of a chance of inheriting talents from either parent or both. For Example:, If you hatch a forest lord with a wraith, (both of which are SCHOOL specific pets) the new pet can get talents from either or both. If you have the forest lord and your friend the wraith, you will get a forest lord back and your friend will get another wraith. With this kind of hatch, there is no possible way to determine the talent outcome. So, in this case, your proposed *A chart of talents* would not be accurate.

I have a Mega Forest Lord I want to hatch with A Crimsonzilla for example. I will get a forest lord back and the other person will get a Crimsonzilla. The Crimsonzilla is also mega and has talents I would like to have on my forest lord. The chances of getting all of the talents on the first hatch are very slim. My new forest lord may pick up one of them or none and the other person is also aware of the fact their new pet may inherit talents from the forest lord that is less than desirable.

So sorry, you can't make those kinds of concessions on pet training and hatching. I am sorry but this is not logical. Players put a lot of time into training their pets even as frustrating as it can be. Many have won for their hard work and got the pet talents they wanted. But THEY WORKED for it. You must do the same.

Professor Greyrose has a quote at the bottom of all of her posts: "with persistance, victory is assured"

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
DragonLady1818 on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
First off, what makes you think the next world is the last. KI has already stated they will continue with now content for this game. I for one as well as many others want to see this game continue far longer than you propose. Maybe to you there is no point in more worlds but Others may think much differently.

A cap on Pet Hatches? Seriously? No. Training pets can be frustrating but if you want to get that perfect pet, then train you must. No, everyone does not have time to pet train all days as many are either in school or work fultime jobs, but, they still find the time to train if they really want that pet bad enough. As for putting a cap on those hatches, you must understand that it can take a large number of hatches before a player actually gets a pet with the talents they are looking for. And a lot of those hatches are hybrid in which case, the talents can not be determined for the new pet. They have just as much of a chance of inheriting talents from either parent or both. For Example:, If you hatch a forest lord with a wraith, (both of which are SCHOOL specific pets) the new pet can get talents from either or both. If you have the forest lord and your friend the wraith, you will get a forest lord back and your friend will get another wraith. With this kind of hatch, there is no possible way to determine the talent outcome. So, in this case, your proposed *A chart of talents* would not be accurate.

I have a Mega Forest Lord I want to hatch with A Crimsonzilla for example. I will get a forest lord back and the other person will get a Crimsonzilla. The Crimsonzilla is also mega and has talents I would like to have on my forest lord. The chances of getting all of the talents on the first hatch are very slim. My new forest lord may pick up one of them or none and the other person is also aware of the fact their new pet may inherit talents from the forest lord that is less than desirable.

So sorry, you can't make those kinds of concessions on pet training and hatching. I am sorry but this is not logical. Players put a lot of time into training their pets even as frustrating as it can be. Many have won for their hard work and got the pet talents they wanted. But THEY WORKED for it. You must do the same.

Professor Greyrose has a quote at the bottom of all of her posts: "with persistance, victory is assured"
Agreed!

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
lastdaysgunslinger on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:
You would have to add more worlds or someway of leveling up because you could not reach 101 without high xp quests.

Well you could but it would be an endless grind that would frustrate and annoy people.
I said that it could be the last world, mainly because the tittle is Wizard101................therefore you can use the last word to level up to 101

Survivor
Nov 26, 2008
DragonLady1818 on Feb 24, 2013 wrote:

It is logical........you just think you're right with YOUR opinion. First of all, for me pet training is miserable. And you may be rich with crowns for mega snacks and gardening for emps, or have a super fast/decent computer to farm for gold. While my computer is slow so I can hardly farm, which is a misery for me. I asked for some motivation and based it on my logic, not yours. So please step aside! Not a cap on hatches, but an approximate of how much hatches you need to undergo to get your friend's talents. Please comprehend my reading...Mixing two different school pets and you talking about the chart, the chart is suppose to be accurate as possible by KI, therefore it CAN be accurate on Ki's terms which makes it possible.....I understand it takes a lot of hatches but it's ANNOYING. It really is. Train it to adult wasting snacks and rehatching over again with the same routine. That's not motivation at all! Seriously..........again, I asked for a motivation feature to be added to the game based on what I believe and people who have the same experience as me (can't play long, slow computer etc) I don't need facts or whatever you want to throw at me, cause not everyone's as fortunate or lucky as you or anyone else may for that matter. As for the worlds, I said for it to be the LAST world because the title is Wizard101, the level cap 101 should go with the title, no? Then the game can PROSPER WITHOUT WORLDS by KI adding new features, pet games, spells etc. Not every feature needs a new world or level cap. Please don't reply next time!

Defender
Apr 10, 2012
I am one of the people that am enjoying the different worlds and am looking forward to seeing new ones.

I am at level 73 and have trained some of my pets, but have not gotten any of them beyond adults yet. I have not even tried doing hatching stuff at all with my pets. At the moment it hasn't been one of the things at the top of my lists to do when on Wizards. Sometimes I am in the mood to work on training pets, but at the moment I enjoy doing gardening and it uses up most of my energy anyways. I am sure I will work with my pets more down the line. My point is, if you don't like doing it, don't do it. You can still advance in levels and win duels without the perfect pet. But if you need to have that perfect pet, then you will have to work hard at it like the others. Even if you have crowns to buy snacks, you still have to work at it. But I have been getting lots of pack snacks throughout my questing and as drops.

Armiger
Feb 25, 2009
Confessor379 on Feb 25, 2013 wrote:
It is logical........you just think you're right with YOUR opinion. First of all, for me pet training is miserable. And you may be rich with crowns for mega snacks and gardening for emps, or have a super fast/decent computer to farm for gold. While my computer is slow so I can hardly farm, which is a misery for me. I asked for some motivation and based it on my logic, not yours. So please step aside! Not a cap on hatches, but an approximate of how much hatches you need to undergo to get your friend's talents. Please comprehend my reading...Mixing two different school pets and you talking about the chart, the chart is suppose to be accurate as possible by KI, therefore it CAN be accurate on Ki's terms which makes it possible.....I understand it takes a lot of hatches but it's ANNOYING. It really is. Train it to adult wasting snacks and rehatching over again with the same routine. That's not motivation at all! Seriously..........again, I asked for a motivation feature to be added to the game based on what I believe and people who have the same experience as me (can't play long, slow computer etc) I don't need facts or whatever you want to throw at me, cause not everyone's as fortunate or lucky as you or anyone else may for that matter. As for the worlds, I said for it to be the LAST world because the title is Wizard101, the level cap 101 should go with the title, no? Then the game can PROSPER WITHOUT WORLDS by KI adding new features, pet games, spells etc. Not every feature needs a new world or level cap. Please don't reply next time!
Pet Training has been miserable for a lot of players ever since it was implemented into the game. Up until pets were getting useful talents for battle there was no real reason to train them. It was just something to pass the time until the next game update. There have been other complaints about the Pet games and talents in the past. To date the system is still in place as KI implemented it and is not likely to change other than possibly add more pet games as they did not too long ago.

Me Rich? That I am sorry to say is a joke. I am by no means rich. I do not buy Mega snacks with crowns and VERY RARELY ever buy crowns. I do not buy Emps either. I have exactly 1 emp. I do garden PBCs on 9 wizards. I do not have any perfect pets and don't spend a lot of time in the Pet Pavilion to begin with. Occasionally I will train a new pet at least to adult and if I don't like the talents, I either sell it, place it in one of my houses, or I may even Hatch with it if the potential is there.

Please comprehend that Hatching for talents is completely random as to when you will get a pet that will learn the talents you want. Even KI can not set up a chart under these circumstances to give even a half way correct listing of POSSIBLE talents. KI is not programming preset talents into every pet and for Hybrid Hatches it would be impossible to determine what talents they will get. That is how the programming is set to playout.

There is only 1 motivations. And that is determined on how badly you want that perfect pet.

Sorry, but rudeness is unbecoming.

Explorer
Oct 30, 2011
Hatching should be random. In real life: Parents can't decide the child's look and what the child like to do! It's random, the child have a little bit from each parent, but it is random how! Like: Mum got green eyes and Dad got blue eyes. Both want child to get Daddy's blue eyes, but it got Mummy's green eyes! Dad like working and Mum is helpful. Child is very helpful, and don't think very much about working.

Back to Wizard101:

Mum is a Pale Maiden (A Lady Blackhope thingi) and dad is a Snake in a Basket. Both want it to look like Pale Maiden, and have Talents as Snake in a Basket, but it looks like Snake in a Basket, and got bad talents from both!

Jonathan Frogheart - Archmage Thaumaturge
Agree with Greyrose: With persistance, victory is assured!