Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gold Problem

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
Professor Greyrose, I encountered a gold limitation problem and I really have nothing to spend the gold on.

Is there any chance you might consider members to be able to collect more?

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Toxen Reignz on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
Professor Greyrose, I encountered a gold limitation problem and I really have nothing to spend the gold on.

Is there any chance you might consider members to be able to collect more?
This has already been raised.
Go buy something... like a house through the crown shop (these houses are available for gold as well.)

Hero
Jul 30, 2012
I just realized that there is nothing in the game that you can purchase and then re-sell later without taking a massive loss. The ramification being that accumulating wealth is limited. Obviously by design.

Explanation: You can't go and purchase valueble stuff with the idea of cashing in later when you need the gold. If you want to stock-pile wealth you can only accumulate valueble treasure from quests and cash-in as needed.

Illuminator
May 22, 2009
If you garden, you can buy gardening spells. This is a great way to lose a massive amount of gold. The only draw back is that you can only do this one time.

Hannah Lifebringer Level 90 Life.

Survivor
Sep 25, 2011
@ RavenLady777

Actually I got the gold warning when was hitting close to 300,000 gold. I am reading other thread post of higher than that, so I am not sure which person to believe.

However I went ahead just wasted all of it on 250 sun stones over time. Now I am getting into crafting but it doesn't solve the problem since, the only thing I am forced to waste gold on is, learning all the plant spells, crafting, learning low level useless myth recipe gear, and crafting quest.

I am not sure if I will get into pet breeding, the game is starting to become a daily grind but who knows.

I know for sure I would never waste any gold on those silly houses or terrible taste in mounts, maybe in the future they will have more appealing housing and mounts I would waste gold on but for now, getting tired of the warnings at 300,000. It should be like 1 million cap or something.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I found the best solution is to buy gardening spells, hoard reagents, and farm for White Tiger Lillies. That's what I do at least.

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010