Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

What is your favorite type of mount?

Real Land Animals (Tigers, Panthers, Horses etc)
22% [26]
Real Sea Animals (Manta Ray, Seahorse, Sea Turtle etc)
0% [1]
Fantasy Animals (Kirin, Alphyn, Unicorn etc)
49% [56]
Items (Brooms, Renaissance Wings etc)
8% [10]
Other? Explain in a post below.
18% [21]

Feedback Friday 2-1-13

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! It's February 1st, which means a few things. Another month down of winter, and summer is approaching, for one. We're (approximately) 1/12th done with 2013 already, can you believe it? And, most importantly, it's time again for Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about mount types, as in, which types of transportation are your favorite? Please vote on the poll above, and comment on the post to let us know what makes a mount awesome (look, size, color coordination with your outfit, etc).

Have a wonderful rest-of-your-Friday and weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i like the fantasy-based mounts best~ nightflame and cloudstrider pegasus are among my favourites; the alphyn is great for when i dye my outfit that hideous pink colour, and i love my malorian dragon... such a smooth ride.

that all being said, it depends on the wizard. my diviner rides a shark, and my necromancer is a classy little man, who cuts a dashing figure in his swiftshadow wings. my ice and myth have matching blue dragons, life rides a dream filly, and my baby pyromancer is currently wearing the orange fairy wings. my balance wizard is the mount-hoarder, and she's currently on her cloudstrider pegasus (matches her two-tone green costume perfectly).

but, that all said, i will always love my purple glider the most.

-von
promethean sorceress, mount hoarder.

Historian
Aug 10, 2009
Something I would LOVE to see is a car. There is a housing item car in Marylebone and that is the car I would LOVE to drive around!!

ellie

Survivor
May 27, 2009
Hello Professor Falmea! :)

I would LOVE a Marleybone Automobile 4 person mount! 2 people in the front seat and 2 people in the back seat! Can you picture how awesome it woul be? :D A horn on it, smoke coming out of the exhaust and it shaking a little to show its on.

Johnny

Survivor
Jan 17, 2011
I personally like the real life animals the most. I would love to have a realistic bear or wolf mount. But, I am still hoping for a four person MB style automobile (and I know I am not the only one . )lol

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I've always been fond of the item mounts. If I'm a wizard then I'm going to use a magical item as my transportation. The wings are really cool, as is the flying carpet, but what really caught my eye was a broom.

My current mount is a now-retired Purple Glider. I've had this broomstick since I started playing the game. I don't plan on getting rid of it any time soon.

It's a shame that not many people like the brooms. I see way more animal mounts than anything else. But that's just me. I have a love for the creative. Flying brooms and carpets and all kinds of wings are very creative ideas. Not that the animals aren't, but I just don't feel that a wizard should be riding an animal through the spiral. It just doesn't fit my image. Dragons are an exception but I still much prefer my beloved broom.

Speaking of brooms are you guys going to make any more? We have the normal enchanted broom and the horned sweeper but other than those two that's it. I'm not really counting the candy cane one since it was luck of the draw with the event. I would really love to see more creative brooms like the purple glider. Your current ones barring the candy cane are just normal brown ones, one with a decorative handle piece.

Survivor
Apr 19, 2011
I'd love to see a butterfly or dragonfly mount (not just wings) with beautiful bright colors.

I think roller skates or flaming boots would be really neat and would be a good addition for those who don't always want to ride around on big gigantic mounts.

In general, I'd like to see some new mounts that are beautiful or cute instead of scary or fierce.

Community Leader
I would take any mount as long as it looks pretty cool! :D

As for realistic mounts, a MB car 4 person mount would be cool as well as having funny farm animal mounts. Cow, Sheep, Pig would crack me up. I also would like a 4 person Elephant Mount with a saddle that can seat four people.

I know 2 person mounts are most used, then 3 person. But it'd be nice if we had more 3 person mount options as well as 4 person. But we got to be careful that we do not overuse a certain type of animal such as the horse or wings.

Fantasy mounts are cool, but I'm sure it's hard coming up with new ones all of the time. I cannot even think of what kind of fantasy mount I would like.

Sea animals are the most hardest group for me to be interested in, although I admit I would go for a Hammerhead mount!

I do not like brooms, they're the lowest on my wanted list, however I do like wings! It would be cool if we had wings like the Syvern mount's or even flaming fire ones like Phoenix's wings.

Of course I'd like holiday mounts. I always thought that Valentine's Day, we should have a cute Victorian carriage with white horses with hearts on its hide and colorful pink, white, red mane. Easter, a very Eggy mount maybe with wings attached to it. It would be cracked in the middle and the top would be gone. We'd be sitting in the shell, steering it. For St Patricks, rainbow carpet? July 4th, Eagle mount? Thanksgiving, a very pioneer type of covered wagon. Halloween, Pumpkin Carriage being led by a huge hell hound? As for Christmas, am not sure how you're gonna top that. But snowflake carpet maybe?

Have a great weekend! :D

Need help with Zeke, Packs, Pets, Gear? Stars of the Spiral has guides for everything that you can think of. Click here to visit our site today!
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Kelsey Fireheart on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
I would take any mount as long as it looks pretty cool! :D

As for realistic mounts, a MB car 4 person mount would be cool as well as having funny farm animal mounts. Cow, Sheep, Pig would crack me up. I also would like a 4 person Elephant Mount with a saddle that can seat four people.

I know 2 person mounts are most used, then 3 person. But it'd be nice if we had more 3 person mount options as well as 4 person. But we got to be careful that we do not overuse a certain type of animal such as the horse or wings.

Fantasy mounts are cool, but I'm sure it's hard coming up with new ones all of the time. I cannot even think of what kind of fantasy mount I would like.

Sea animals are the most hardest group for me to be interested in, although I admit I would go for a Hammerhead mount!

I do not like brooms, they're the lowest on my wanted list, however I do like wings! It would be cool if we had wings like the Syvern mount's or even flaming fire ones like Phoenix's wings.

Of course I'd like holiday mounts. I always thought that Valentine's Day, we should have a cute Victorian carriage with white horses with hearts on its hide and colorful pink, white, red mane. Easter, a very Eggy mount maybe with wings attached to it. It would be cracked in the middle and the top would be gone. We'd be sitting in the shell, steering it. For St Patricks, rainbow carpet? July 4th, Eagle mount? Thanksgiving, a very pioneer type of covered wagon. Halloween, Pumpkin Carriage being led by a huge hell hound? As for Christmas, am not sure how you're gonna top that. But snowflake carpet maybe?

Have a great weekend! :D
You mean not an Elephant, but a Helephant!

>cicool'<

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Here's my take on it. I enjoy a good mount, regardless of of inspiration. One one character I have a candy cane which I dig, and on the other one I have a panther, which moves very well. For ME, I think that the inanimate objects are more my style, but I think because I haven't found a creature mount i like. We talked about school based mounts (https://www.wizard101.com/forum/messageBoard/listPosts/game/8ad6a41c3b509d2c013b5d2e4e8d0133?reset=1 ), and I think those would absolutely rock. if we could have school based mounts, I might go for something like that instead of what I have :)

Defender
Mar 05, 2009
My biggest criteria for mounts is whether or not it gets in the way visually. If it's too big, covers up too much of the screen, then I'd rather walk.

My favorite mounts are the big cats - lions, tigers, panthers and leopards. They ride very low to the ground, not much bigger than a wizard walking around, so I can see the NPCs I'm talking to. Their smooth loping run feels fast and powerful. Sometimes I wish my cat could join me in the battle circle too, charging forward and clawing at my enemies while I shield up. :)

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
Strangely enough, the Triceratops is my favorite mount. Yeah, it is big and bulky, but don't let that fool ya! I find it is a surprisingly smooth ride, very maneuverable, and colorful. When I want a change in mounts, I'll go for the Kirin, Malorian dragon, or one of the Rams.

The horses are a little too cartoony looking for me. The same goes for the regular dragons - they remind me of the Michelan Man with all those puffy 'rolls', or a marshmellow with rubberbands around them.

Survivor
Apr 02, 2010
For me, my favorite mounts are the wings, second only to the Fa-La-La-La Llama. The Llama is by far THE best mount of them all, IMO! I'd like to see more choices for wings, though. My Ice wizard wears the Purple Fairy Wings, where my balance uses the SwiftShadow wings.
Next come the panther mounts - the black one being my favorite among them, then the leopard.
But I'm not particular to any mounts that are larger in size than the smaller animal mounts. I particularly found the Raven mount too large and obnoxious to see where I was going, even when I zoomed out as far as I could.
The larger mounts such as the Rhino one are just too large and if a wizard riding one happens to step into your field of vision, they can completely block out your view. Nothing subtle about those mounts.
Not to knock the multi-person mounts, but I can't see how anyone riding one can see where they are going -- unless of course, KI, you're able to build in farther zooming out feature, or ability to change camera angles (inside cockpit view, as an example, so camera is looking out your wizard's eyes maybe and not following behind them?)
Destiny

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
Omg. A little pig mount, (Not ninja pig, like a minecraft pig) would make me spasm with joy. THAT IS AMAZING.

Anyways, I voted for Fantasy, because my favorite mount is the... *Drumroll please* HIPPOGRIFF! c: I got gifted it, cause I don't use crowns on ANYTHING other than places (Especially stitching, my friends always whine to me to stitch... Pssh, no.).

I'm surprised Sea World mounts haven't got any votes. I love the Sea Turtle. Then again, it might just be because of my obsession with turtles. (Although everyone has that obsession... Come on guys, don't deny it.)

Geographer
Feb 15, 2009
Professor Falmea on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
Hello Wizards! It's February 1st, which means a few things. Another month down of winter, and summer is approaching, for one. We're (approximately) 1/12th done with 2013 already, can you believe it? And, most importantly, it's time again for Feedback Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

Today, let's talk about mount types, as in, which types of transportation are your favorite? Please vote on the poll above, and comment on the post to let us know what makes a mount awesome (look, size, color coordination with your outfit, etc).

I like the fantasy based ones, but I think you should make a four person one, like an Asian Dragon!

Champion
Jun 30, 2009
Professor Falmea on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:

I like the horses and lions myself, and love seeing the white bengal tiger or black panthers roaming the Spiral.

I would love to be able to buy the White Bengal Tiger with gold in the Crown Shop, because I am not lucky enough to find it otherwise. I have a brown one that I gave to Kane Dawnwalker, because he didn't have a ride, so I bought a lion.

Timothy Pearlflower (Ice Archmage, Level 88) hoping the barrier is down in Cloudburst Forest to get my reward from Zenzen Sevenstar

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
I love the dragons (not the big one from the bundle), wings and the brooms as well. I have horses/ponies which are okay.

Delver
Sep 27, 2009
It would be awesome if there was a chimera mount. Three player, with a player on each neck! It would also give you the card.

Survivor
Jan 03, 2011
Well, if there was a chimera mount the co would probly put it in a pack witch costs crowns if you are a member or if your a person that buys areas it would suck for them cause they would want that the mount also it would be a rare thing in the pack.

Survivor
Dec 18, 2011
I gotta Say, I like all types of mounts But If i were to pick, i would pick the type of mounts that you get in hoard packs and game cards.

Survivor
Aug 31, 2010
I would love to see a hover craft shaped like a space craft or UFO in reference to Celestia and the Aliens. I think it would be nice to make it a two person machine. Or a hover scooter that you stand on and it glides around the spiral! I also like the idea of the marley bone car being able to be driven around.

I also have a suggestion about commander robes! They are so popular, but to make them more unique, is there anyway they could be school specific. Put school designs on them so we could represent our schools in achieving the commander robes in PVP! I have always thought that would be the coolest idea. I would like seeing my storm, ice, death, balance, myth, life, fire in designer school specific robes!

Survivor
Mar 26, 2012
I like fantasy mounts! Because they look awesome! I this game

Survivor
Nov 07, 2012
i really like the gryphon you should put it back in game and the white tiger they are super cool and i love them you should really add like a scary mount big foot or my fav jersey devil you should also add chimera kinda like the hydra i also like real animals. maybe a elephant or a eagle, i really like flying mounts

hope ya like my ideas
abby or brooke

Survivor
Feb 15, 2012
I would love to see a car like the one in marelybone @reagents square it would beamazing todrive that around, you ould have little bellows of smoke pop out the back when youmove foreward instead of the little sparkles from the broom or anything else, it would be AMAZING

~Ryan Starsong~
Legendary theurgist

Defender
Nov 11, 2008
I chose other because I like real land animals, but with a fantacy feel to them. Examples and the Chrismoose, Fa-la-la-la Llama, etc. What I would love to see this Easter is a giant rabbit mount, maybe with some Easter decor.