Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Ranked PvP .:. Level Caps?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
Hello. I'm Shanie. Why aren't there level caps? Not to be a "noob", however, I feel strongly that there should be level caps on ranked player versus player because I have lost many battles in Ranked PvP due to level 60s abusing their power. Even if you ask them to lighten up for there to be a fair chance, they will not. All they are interested in is Rating and Arena Tickets. This makes me furious. I am only a level 21, and if I may say so, I believe I am average at battles. When the higher levels save their pips and use their oh so wonderful crowns pet that does about 1500 damage, it literally leaves me defenseless. My character is Death. My second school is Storm, I must say I did not think my school choices through, or Ranked PvP needs to change. I would enjoy if those of you who are reading this lighten up on the lower levels, and that KingIsle and Wizard101 complete my request, because I can't be the only one who feels that this is unfair. Thank you for your time, and your opinions and responses. Everyone with any opinion can reply to this message, I will lend an eye.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
I almost forgot, by lend an eye, I meant I would read all the comments. If you are reading this at all, I would like to see your opinion, and I am open to changing my view on Ranked PvP.

Defender
Sep 29, 2008
i agree the pvp system should go by level not rank ik it would be unfair for those just starting out but people are doing that with puppetting anyway so it might as well change for the better.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
Rikudo Sennin on Feb 1, 2013 wrote:
i agree the pvp system should go by level not rank ik it would be unfair for those just starting out but people are doing that with puppetting anyway so it might as well change for the better.
(DietyOfWind) I agree with that statement, but it could be a quest (a main quest) to play Ranked PvP at least 5 times. Each battle after the five could could be worth 100 gold, and the arena tickets.

Survivor
Aug 26, 2011
I do also agree with this statement. Though I do also disagree. Noobs at level 1 - 5 try to come into ranked pvp matches with the upmost highest of players and try to win, just so they can become the ubers of wizard101. That is not very fair. They are not even going through the stages of the game. Instead they waste all of their time trying to become warlords and all that stuff. I do think that those kinds of wizards should get defeated a numerous amount of times to give them a wake up call and try to get stronger before entering with higher ranked wizards. I have encountered these wanna-be uber noob wizards myself in ranked matches. I am a level 76 balance wizard. I do not do pvp matches a lot but when I do I get matched with a noob. I also agree because some wizards may want to just see what pvp is like. They may want to expiriment or try to become a strong wizard. They may want to get stronger for they are always getting defeated. Maybe to learn strategy. Any of these reasons is why Kingsisle may want to consider putting a level limit on ranked matches like there are in practice matches.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Yeah it should look at level, than rank. For example, Level 36 Captain quick joins 1v1, 10 possible matches with wizards from level 30-40, 2 possible matches with the wizards being from Knight-Warlord.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
IAmATrueWizard on Feb 3, 2013 wrote:
I do also agree with this statement. Though I do also disagree. Noobs at level 1 - 5 try to come into ranked pvp matches with the upmost highest of players and try to win, just so they can become the ubers of wizard101. That is not very fair. They are not even going through the stages of the game. Instead they waste all of their time trying to become warlords and all that stuff. I do think that those kinds of wizards should get defeated a numerous amount of times to give them a wake up call and try to get stronger before entering with higher ranked wizards. I have encountered these wanna-be uber noob wizards myself in ranked matches. I am a level 76 balance wizard. I do not do pvp matches a lot but when I do I get matched with a noob. I also agree because some wizards may want to just see what pvp is like. They may want to expiriment or try to become a strong wizard. They may want to get stronger for they are always getting defeated. Maybe to learn strategy. Any of these reasons is why Kingsisle may want to consider putting a level limit on ranked matches like there are in practice matches.
You have an extremely good point, Thank you for showing me the other side of things, people I battle with must think I'm an ignorant noob. I like your view on how Kings Isle (how the crud do you spell that?) should handle the situation.

A+ Student
Mar 02, 2010
Level caps would make the situation a whole lot worse, trust me. If ranked pvp nearly ignored rank, there would be multiple problems ranking up at a low level. Since you're lvl 26, this would affect you too. If you look at the commander gear, it gives 54/5% resist, 22% damage and I think 12% accuracy? Well, anyways, you'd be constantly fighting these types of people, and unless you had crowns head or commander gear, you're probably almost guaranteed to lose. Right now, you should try leveling up a new wizard that's the same school as your lvl 26 and get a high level pet and transfer it. That way you're not going to be the only one with a power hit vs those high levels.

Survivor
Jun 26, 2010
PvP King on Apr 29, 2013 wrote:
Level caps would make the situation a whole lot worse, trust me. If ranked pvp nearly ignored rank, there would be multiple problems ranking up at a low level. Since you're lvl 26, this would affect you too. If you look at the commander gear, it gives 54/5% resist, 22% damage and I think 12% accuracy? Well, anyways, you'd be constantly fighting these types of people, and unless you had crowns head or commander gear, you're probably almost guaranteed to lose. Right now, you should try leveling up a new wizard that's the same school as your lvl 26 and get a high level pet and transfer it. That way you're not going to be the only one with a power hit vs those high levels.
Thank you for your perspective and advice, I really appreciate it.