Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Azteca is too hard! - tips and hints

AuthorMessage
Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Hello Young wizards!

This thread is to give hints and tips to the new ones who are entering Azteca. I am the starter of the No, Noo, NOO so I perfectly know how hard it is. (Remember, this post is not to complain and be negative, it is made to be positive and constructive)

I am a casual/average player and i managed to get through Alto Alto, so I am currently questing in Tierra de Brea. I got lots of help for some MoBs (yes, the colossaly overpowered unbeatable-zillas!) and I think the only boss I did solo was the Sun spell quest.

Here are the tips I have to give you:

1. For the first few quests (levels 80-81-82) I suggest SPAMMING the rank 4 AoEs (Meteor Strike, Blizzard, Tempest, Hummongo Frog, Satyr, Deer Night - if possible or then sacrifice, Sandstorm) Even though these are not AoE, I suggest spamming these (These fire guys are deadly) But dont worry, once you get to cenote, things get slightly easier!

2. If you dont have a healer, your best go for surviving is to spam shields while gaining pips for a high rank AoE (RoF, Angel, Sirens, Forest Lord, Crow, RA) Myth, you can shield up to 4 pips and then frog, then shield, then frog...

3. As I said in #2, dont waste your pips at healing! The battle will never end! There is a reason why the MoBs dont need to Reshuffle..

4. Saltmeadow swamp monquistans! Spam fire shield, Convert then rain!

5. When you get the sun quest, Duelist101 has a great guide to help you which can be found here: www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-spell-guides/wizard101-azteca-sun-school-quest-video/

Remember, you can always add tips if you managed to get through the hard part of Azteca. (3 points to cloudburst)

#popcicool7777777

Geographer
Feb 19, 2010
popcicool7777777 on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
Hello Young wizards!

This thread is to give hints and tips to the new ones who are entering Azteca. I am the starter of the No, Noo, NOO so I perfectly know how hard it is. (Remember, this post is not to complain and be negative, it is made to be positive and constructive)

I am a casual/average player and i managed to get through Alto Alto, so I am currently questing in Tierra de Brea. I got lots of help for some MoBs (yes, the colossaly overpowered unbeatable-zillas!) and I think the only boss I did solo was the Sun spell quest.

Here are the tips I have to give you:

1. For the first few quests (levels 80-81-82) I suggest SPAMMING the rank 4 AoEs (Meteor Strike, Blizzard, Tempest, Hummongo Frog, Satyr, Deer Night - if possible or then sacrifice, Sandstorm) Even though these are not AoE, I suggest spamming these (These fire guys are deadly) But dont worry, once you get to cenote, things get slightly easier!

2. If you dont have a healer, your best go for surviving is to spam shields while gaining pips for a high rank AoE (RoF, Angel, Sirens, Forest Lord, Crow, RA) Myth, you can shield up to 4 pips and then frog, then shield, then frog...

3. As I said in #2, dont waste your pips at healing! The battle will never end! There is a reason why the MoBs dont need to Reshuffle..

4. Saltmeadow swamp monquistans! Spam fire shield, Convert then rain!

5. When you get the sun quest, Duelist101 has a great guide to help you which can be found here: www.duelist101.com/other-w101-guides/w101-spell-guides/wizard101-azteca-sun-school-quest-video/

Remember, you can always add tips if you managed to get through the hard part of Azteca. (3 points to cloudburst)

#popcicool7777777
Dont waste time on the high pip spells/cards. Its not worth it.
Utilize those low rank AoE's.
Get your health as high as you can.
Get your crit block as high as you can.
Get your resist as high as you can.
Get your damage bonus as high as you can.
Ignore your crit bonus its practicaly worthless with mobs high block.
And if you have trouble with multiple mobs then try to pull a single first so you have one round to build before the rest enter your circle.
Donot give up on it, Stay focused and keep trying.

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
lastdaysgunslinger on Jan 16, 2013 wrote:
Dont waste time on the high pip spells/cards. Its not worth it.
Utilize those low rank AoE's.
Get your health as high as you can.
Get your crit block as high as you can.
Get your resist as high as you can.
Get your damage bonus as high as you can.
Ignore your crit bonus its practicaly worthless with mobs high block.
And if you have trouble with multiple mobs then try to pull a single first so you have one round to build before the rest enter your circle.
Donot give up on it, Stay focused and keep trying.
Well said!

Delver
Jan 13, 2010
popcicool7777777 on Jan 17, 2013 wrote:
Well said!
lol if I get high resistance cant get high damage only 11 lol I can get 54 damage only 26 only for balance so yeah I cant survive anything on my own I always try but I fail (for the ones that are solo) I cant survive the bosses the other dudes which are not the bosses for example axantho crab

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
Cole Dunerunner on Jan 18, 2013 wrote:
lol if I get high resistance cant get high damage only 11 lol I can get 54 damage only 26 only for balance so yeah I cant survive anything on my own I always try but I fail (for the ones that are solo) I cant survive the bosses the other dudes which are not the bosses for example axantho crab
Try to get your WW hat with the Mysterious Jade Robe and whatever boots you wand. I try to build a balanced character with 40 damage and 40 resistance, weak critical, huge wand block, high power pips, and the healing boost, meh, I dont think you can afford wasting 4 pips on satyr in a Colossaly-overpowered MoB-zillas.

But healing boost is still helpful in Boss Battles

Survivor
Apr 15, 2011
I agree with most of what's been said. But as one Myth type who has to go solo most of the time I have a couple of hints. With the big bosses it's mostly about surviving the first few rounds. I recently purchased the crowns only life amulet so that my healing costs are lower. But before I shelled out for that I had a sanctuary amulet that worked well to really boost the heals. Now I use the life amulet with sanctuary treasure cards. This has had to be an option for me, because NONE of my pets heal at all!

To cope with the loss of pips from necessary heals, I use Empowerment a lot! I find that using empowerment usually helps you use that "down" time between big spells!

Secondly, I load up my treasure cards with shields and heals and feints--and reshuffle of course!

As a conjurer, who uses minions regularly, they are very valuable in earlier "worlds", but harder to manage in Azteca. They just don't work with some bosses, but often they can help deal substantial damage and are largely ignored by the bosses. If you use minions I recommend not calling on them until any opposing minions are dealt with, so you can have that two on one situation. And if you do want to use them with the minions, don't call on them until the first mega spells are cast by your enemies.

good luck folks

Champion
Dec 01, 2011
drider915 on Feb 10, 2013 wrote:
I agree with most of what's been said. But as one Myth type who has to go solo most of the time I have a couple of hints. With the big bosses it's mostly about surviving the first few rounds. I recently purchased the crowns only life amulet so that my healing costs are lower. But before I shelled out for that I had a sanctuary amulet that worked well to really boost the heals. Now I use the life amulet with sanctuary treasure cards. This has had to be an option for me, because NONE of my pets heal at all!

To cope with the loss of pips from necessary heals, I use Empowerment a lot! I find that using empowerment usually helps you use that "down" time between big spells!

Secondly, I load up my treasure cards with shields and heals and feints--and reshuffle of course!

As a conjurer, who uses minions regularly, they are very valuable in earlier "worlds", but harder to manage in Azteca. They just don't work with some bosses, but often they can help deal substantial damage and are largely ignored by the bosses. If you use minions I recommend not calling on them until any opposing minions are dealt with, so you can have that two on one situation. And if you do want to use them with the minions, don't call on them until the first mega spells are cast by your enemies.

good luck folks
Thank you for your tips for our Archmages out there about to start Azteca.

Explorer
Feb 22, 2011
Here is a post from one of the fansites that might help with recommended decks:

http://wizard.mercenaries101.com/the-mob-deck-revisited-new-decks-for-level-86/

It recommended other cards based on the type of enemies:

Fire mobs: Cleanse Charm for possible efreet weakness.
Ice mobs: Pierces, conviction, stun blocks, empower or sacrifice for Lord of Winter. If you are storm, mass storm prism.
Storm mobs: Heals, conviction, stun blocks, extra blades and auras for sirens or enfeeble.
Myth mobs: Extra blades, auras, conviction and stun blocks

Same school mobs: Mass school prisms if you are soloing.