Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Balance: Power play card

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Dear KI,

Please! change this usuless spell and give us something different. Nobody loves power play.

Let me tell you why this is a usuless skill. And I was generous when I said "useless"
This spell actually hurts you.

Here is why.

First, you lose your turn: stun effect

Second, you lose your 4 pips: Mana burn effect (Thank God we don't lose health)
Third, after your spell, It's your ENEMYS' TURN. They will get the advantage FIRST.

Conclusion: Power play is a self detonating skill. It stuns you for one turn, and also burns your precious 4 pips. Your enemy will gladly take the advantage of this and attack you "First" with their power pip.

Suggestion: Give us Balance Play

Pip cost: 2
Balance skills get 10% percision boost.

Illuminator
Feb 24, 2009
I dont know what you're talking about... Power play is an amazing spell if you can use it correctly.

Survivor
Jan 06, 2010
Power Play is a amazing spell in pvp! and Balance it self is an amazing school

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Alright guys, Don't just say It's an amazing spell in pvp.
Can anyone please tell me why?
Due to high pip cost, this spell is the worst spell for bubble battle in pvp.

When you are fighting in a team battle, and you have more team members than the other team, this spell may be work fine. However I would just take this card OUT! and add one more bladestorm.

Use it correctly?
There is no way. I can say that, because it costs 4 pips.
If it costs 2 pips yeah I can use it for bubble battle but I still won't use it.
Here is the catch, If you think the power play is an amazing spell, that's fine.
But wait! You guys are forgetting something.
It must be amazing spell for your opponents too. Why? because you guys just say so.

But wait again!
Your opponent didn't spend 4 pips for power play, you did.

Then maybe you will realize this
They are getting this amazing spell for FREE.

Survivor
Oct 09, 2012
Michael Skysword on Oct 19, 2012 wrote:
Alright guys, Don't just say It's an amazing spell in pvp.
Can anyone please tell me why?
Due to high pip cost, this spell is the worst spell for bubble battle in pvp.

When you are fighting in a team battle, and you have more team members than the other team, this spell may be work fine. However I would just take this card OUT! and add one more bladestorm.

Use it correctly?
There is no way. I can say that, because it costs 4 pips.
If it costs 2 pips yeah I can use it for bubble battle but I still won't use it.
Here is the catch, If you think the power play is an amazing spell, that's fine.
But wait! You guys are forgetting something.
It must be amazing spell for your opponents too. Why? because you guys just say so.

But wait again!
Your opponent didn't spend 4 pips for power play, you did.

Then maybe you will realize this
They are getting this amazing spell for FREE.
the worst spell bubble is actually sanctuary cause it boost everyones healing and if not changed, a battle would last forever.

I have an archmage balance so i dont even use powerplay anymore. That doesnt mean it isnt useful though, it is very useful for lower lvl pvp or pve so that you can get the necessary power pips to attack. the more power pips, the higher rank spell, the more damage. you probably shouldnt use it if you are going second in a battle because your opponents might also get power pips. but if your going first, you get pips, and have time to shield before they hit.

also works if your planning on using judgement or manaburn.

Survivor
Aug 18, 2010
Lower level wizards use it, because they do not know about power plays very well.
They think it's cool, since they are getting POWER PIPS. Well sounds nice. Ofcourse.

I should say, your reasoning is correct, only if it doesn't cost any pips.
Better chance of getting power pip? better attack? Yes! sounds good.

But you lose 4 pips.
You won't be able to cast a strong spell when you lose 4 pips. It doesn't matter, if you go first or second.
You lose 4 pips, end of discussion.

So, How long do you have to wait to get that 4 pips back in power play?
Yes! At least 4 turns. At least... ...

You also have your original chance of getting power pips without your power play.
So...... I would say it would take more than 10 turns to actually benefit your wizard after power play.
If you know math,then you will realize that this spell should not be used.

High level wizards, of course They won't use it, so I am not worried. They even get a diminishing retruns.
For low level wizards, I strongly recommand that take this out of the play, and add something usuful.

and Please! Remember! "YOU LOSE 4 PIPS." and your "Turn"
Will power play card give that 4 pips to you? No! you just get 35% chance each turn.

Now let's talk about the bubble battle.
The worst spell is the Sanctuary you said. I was talking about bubble battle. Not the bubble itself. Please read carefully when you comment. I don't care about what sanctuary does, but I do care about it's pip costs.

Plus, santuary is not the worst bubble. I would gladly exchange power play spell with the sanctuary spells. Too bad it's not possible.