Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 11-6-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
Hello Wizards! There's a bit of a chill in the air, but that's not enough to dampen my spirits, because it's Friday, and time to chat, so let's do that, shall we?

Today, let's talk about your character, and those magical numbers call stats. Hitpoints, crit, pierce, resist, etc. If you could add a new stat to your character, what would it be? What would it do? Sky's the limit here!

Looking forward to all your ideas. Have a wonderful weekend!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Survivor
May 02, 2010
Chance for Light pips like power pips but 3 pips instead

Survivor
Aug 18, 2011
not really a stat but how about we can choose between wysteria and wizard city? I think the spells from the wysteria professors could be interesting.

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
Deflect! You would have a certain chance to deflect a 5th of the damage dealt to you.
Enemy uses a spell that does 1000 to you, if deflect were to activate, they would have 200 damage done to them!
Deflect would work like critical where you get more chance with better gear.
There's probably a better name for something like that.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2012
Survivor
Aug 13, 2014
I'll add a dodging chance, kinda like piate101, just like crítical and block, during Battle when your opponent attacks there's a chance that you'll get to dodge an attack, depending on your percentage ie, 30% or 70% you'll have a chance to dodge an attack and take no damage.

Explorer
Apr 28, 2010
We shouldn't be adding any new stats when the stats that currently exist need to be either heavily reworked or scrapped altogether in the interest of both present and future game balance.

Explorer
Aug 25, 2013
Wow. Thank you. This is thought provoking...

Hmm...perhaps,

Stat: Class Mastery

You've worn that Life Mastery or Divine Amulet long enough, young wizard. You have also achieved the status (badge) of Multi School Mastery (or some such drivel....). You can now master in 2 schools (shadow???) without the use of an amulet (stat at 100% or w/e). Perhaps achieve this with a badge quest that requires an extreme amount of use of a particular school's (ahem, shadow) spell set?

... and I would be remiss if I didn't at least try?

Stat: Guild Leader

Do something, anything really, as many times as you want (just please!!!) to qualify your wizard as able to start a guild... and that is an entirely different conversation.

Survivor
Mar 22, 2010
Armor pierce resist, highly needed for PvP due to the amount of pierce that is now possible to gain. Only to be on hats, robes and boots other than jade gear for obvious reasons.

Community Leader
If the changes to crit on test realm stay, I would make healing critical a completely separate stat.

DuelCircle Organizer. The Slowpoke Sloth is the best.
Survivor
Feb 19, 2010
Stun pierce only because you made a ton of stun resist gems.

Explorer
Aug 24, 2015

If I could add any measurable skill I would add, Leadership. Leadership would allow a player to have some control over minions and henchmen.
It would work by allowing a player to click on a minion's or henchman's spell and cancel it. The higher the leadership score the more likely the spell is canceled.
This would allow players to prevent unwanted use of the minion's or henchman's pips, mana and other limited resources.
No more watching helplessly as your minion or henchman stuns a boss with stun block. No more complaints about stolen wards, or the halo of unusable charms.
If you do not like who the minion or henchman is attacking; cancel that spell. If you do not need or want a charm or healing spell cast by your minion or henchman; cancel the spell.
This ability would only apply to the person who cast the minion or hired the henchman.

Survivor
Jun 14, 2009
I would love to see a new stat called "Dodge" be implemented to the Wizard101 Spiral.

For every % of Dodge person A has, person B would basically lose the same % of accuracy. For example:

Wizard A
25% Accuracy (from gear), 10% Dodge (from gear)

Wizard B
25% Accuracy (from gear), 10% Dodge (from gear)

Wizard B attacks Wizard A with a spell that has 70% base accuracy. With B's 25% gear accuracy, the spell should have 95% accuracy. However, Wizard A has 10% Dodge, so Wizard B's spell would be reduced to 85% accuracy.

Mastermind
Feb 07, 2010
We have stats to improve the output of damage and healing spells, so why not blades, traps, sheilds, and debuffs. I know that's four stats but they're all variations on the same theme. It could even be extended to heal and accuracy modifiers, as well as star auras and sun enchantments, though I suggest starting with the first four, and expanding in subsequent updates.

Survivor
Jun 29, 2009
Something similar to pierce, but for negative charms on your wizard such as weakness.

Survivor
Oct 08, 2011
Add a stat called block stat. This stat blocks a percent of your enemy's stats during battles.
This is effective since the ever growing stats the high level wizards are very extreme. Just 2 more worlds and everyone will immune resist to every school. What's the fun if you are too strong and everything is too easy?

Survivor
May 01, 2012
I would really like to boost the stats of my pets faster. By feeding them snacks (like the other items) right out of my backpack. Without playing a mini pet game only. Other than that, I'm at level 53 with a 37 block and 69 power pips and a 15 critical.

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Yes! Finally!

Number ONE stat I would add is Armor Piercing Block.

Forget damage, forget resist, and forget Critical Block. I am so sick and tired of playing wizards (especially Storms and Fires) with insane amounts of pierce! Only the day before I played a in PVP with 56% Armor Piercing with his gear and jewels ALONE! 56!!!! I mean, come ON. A little bit is fine but that is just ridiculous!

Use the spells already existing in the game if one needs pierce.

This stat should preferably NOT exist via Jewel sockets for 2 reasons:

1. Ridiculously hard to get / manufacture the right jewel via farming / crafting.
2. Nobody really wants a return of the Jadezillas. By leaving this stat out of Jewel implants (and making it in-gear only), you are effectively ensuring that Jade gear becomes much more difficult to pull off, because hybrid Armor-Pierce Block / Jade sets will not be able to meaningfully coexist.

Also, I would prefer to not have this only available via Arena gear. It is very difficult for a newcomer to enjoy PVP if they have to attain 10,000 Arena tickets (with at least half via losses) just to be able to compete.

Only via Crowns gear works the same way...sigh. Must I empty my free time AND my bank account just to compete?

The way I would imagine it working is to have a full 'set' of APB gear that pretty much nullifies whatever pierce anyone manages to attain via jewels, while also providing decent stats (a la Darkmoor), providing a much greater defensive aspect to the game that is sorely lacking by Exalted.

A Robe example:

Armor of the Sand Scales:

+12% Armor Piercing Block
+14% Resistance
+3% Armor Piercing
+900
+115 , +15 Critical
+110 Critical Block
+2% Pip Chance
+ 11% Power Pip Chance

Number Two on my list would be Critical Block. Not everybody looks for 100% Critical, and I'd love a robe that includes block as well as damage and resist. Crit Monsters are worse than Jadezillas; at least you can beat a Jade with some preparation.

Adrian

Delver
Mar 31, 2015
Another gear statistic that I've played around with: Mirroring.

Mirror a random percentage of incoming Critical damage back at the caster (in the range from 20-100%, inclusive). The higher your Mirror stat to a particular school, the more likely you are to mirror incoming hits.

One could use this stat as a kind of offensive defense (like Hungry Caterpillar / Loremaster - oh wait, that's defensive offense, LOL), and can have a counterpart (Mirror Block), and could definitely exist in Jewel form.

This way there is a definite downside to Critical, and the Crit Monsters will be much more wary of spamming those Critical Wild Bolts.

Potential triggers for Mirroring (you decide):

1. Critical, period.
2. Consecutive Critical Attacks
3. Consecutive Unblocked Critical Attacks

(I personally like the first two). If it is #2, increase minimum Mirrored Damage to 30% or so.

Adrian
Exalted , Legendary , Master .
Promethean Crafter
Grandmaster Gardener

Survivor
Feb 28, 2013
Sorry I'm a bit late - I was asleep when the Friday Feedback was posted.

PLEASE find a way to add more PIERCE to any given character. In gear, in pets, in jewel-socketing. I know we have TC's, but they are cumbersome to use and I don't care for playing with them.

Also, I would love to find a way AROUND critical block. I work hard all along to get my Wizards to have consistent critical hits, then BOOM - they hit Level 60 and critical doesn't work anymore. Most of the bosses block it, just as we Wizards do. There has GOT to be a way around it! Or am I missing something? Of course, it may be that the bosses will be able to get around it too - which would be disastrous - so it's sort of a "be careful what you wish for" kind of thing.

I can usually get my critical and my block WAY up on any given Wizard, but with all the gear that is out there, I automatically end up sacrificing RESIST the moment I get something that allows Stun Resist. Yes, I use Stun Block, but I frequently can't cast it before I'm stunned. Also, some of my Wizards have up to 25% stun resist - I have seen ONE TIME when stun was resisted in 4 years and THAT Wizard had all of 2% stun resist! It was a fluke.

I think that's enough for now!

Regards,
SuzneVal

Explorer
Jul 21, 2015
Professor Falmea on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:
Hello Wizards! There's a bit of a chill in the air, but that's not enough to dampen my spirits, because it's Friday, and time to chat, so let's do that, shall we?

Today, let's talk about your character, and those magical numbers call stats. Hitpoints, crit, pierce, resist, etc. If you could add a new stat to your character, what would it be? What would it do? Sky's the limit here!

Any... Agility

You Can Avoid Attacks

Explorer
Sep 17, 2008
As I am primarily a myth school student, I would add stats that boost my minion - seeing as how my school's specialty is largely unusable in later parts of the game. I still wouldn't be able to use my minions much against cheating bosses unless I could control the minion directly, but at least with increased minion stats I could use the minion for most other battles and bosses.

Defender
Nov 05, 2010
I think it should be Agility, speed whatever you want to call it but its that magical stuff mounts give you and no other gear does. It would be awesome to go faster just be your gear then add a mount you would be soaring through areas so maybe the darkmoor gear gives 5 speed per piece (just a thought doesn't have to Darkmoor) you would get a total of 20 speed then on top of a mount 60 speed! it would help everyone out especially in non-mount zones you could run so much quicker

Historian
May 15, 2009
I had an idea for a stat called Defiance.

Defiance would act as a buffer against piercing but reducing the overall effectiveness of it. this would be more effective for the higher worlds of khrysalis and the upcoming world of Polaris.

it's reached the point where most monsters and bosses have an absurd amount of pierce. if you don't throw up a handful of shields you could very well get one shot. this would give us some defense against some of these bosses who have like a base of 50% pierce and reduces the potential of having your defense shattered and being blasted back to the hub

Survivor
Sep 23, 2015
Professor Falmea on Nov 7, 2015 wrote:

I would have Outrage.
Outrage starts at level 60ish.
When you get hurt by ANY spell your outrage percentage would increase until you have very low hp left.
At the most the outrage percentage you can have by damage is 75%.
When you cast a spell in the middle of it you get a red outline that will increase the damage you give AND take when any wizard gets outraged the music would change to more of a hardcore rock style theme.
I think it should also have your eyes glow to your school of focus like if you are it would be yellow, would be blue, would be green, would be red, would be black, would be purple and would be orange.
So example: if a evil snowman does 300 damage base when outrage it would do 600 damage.