Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Any tips for pvp?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 25, 2015
I'm a level 45 Balance Wizard. This system is tiring me because I was sergeant but i lost like 7 games in a row to Warlords and some commanders, I really want to reach Sergeant rank (at least) or higher. I feel like quiting the game entirely because the system is making me annoyed and angry. I have like 436 score now or something. Any tips on how to deal with them or how to rank back up again. I usually have the sky iron hasta for extra damage on top of my clothes that give me bonus damage and resist to balance. My strategy is to balance blade, feint, and judgement (along with the infallible TC to pierce any shields they have. What annoys me is that they spam tower shields like no tomorrow, and usually to get rid of them i use the wand hit, but the problem is that it uses up my balance blade or feint. Help.

Champion
Sep 01, 2009
Ah yes, the tower shield spamalot. This is where fire elf and other low-level spells come in handy. Pack 2-3 reshuffles, and ice dispels. If you have training points, train ice dispel. That way, you can cloak it, and usually they think it's a weakness or an infection. Farm Barkingham Palace for the balance pet-golem something-that comes with a minion. At epic, you get two cards for that minion, and it does a lot more than the mander minion.

Try and up your global resist, with gear or a pet. You might have to change your strategy, simply because if something isn't working, it's usually time to take a look at making it better. Use lower pip spells without traps, figure out your opponent's resistance, and just hack away. Use the infallible for both pierce and accuracy, and cast it when you can hit with three or more spells in a row. A scarab and two fire elves, for example, removing the tower shields, and keeping the majority of your pips.

I feel your pain. My balance made captain at level 40, then it all fell apart. I felt like I didn't need to use TC anymore, but unfortunately, my opponents didn't feel the same. The last match I had on my balance was against an adept commander who did exactly what you describe: spammed tower shields, put up 3-4 blades and infallible, then hit-with critical from their pet-with medusa. That was the last time I stepped foot in the arena. I'd rather spend my gold on crafting Celestia wands than on 400+ TC so I can stand a chance against a novice warlord.

Good luck, and I hope you don't quit.