Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Full Darkmoor gear

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 22, 2013
Hello!
Just today I have reached level 100, and I was wondering about how many tries it takes doing Darkmoor to get the full Malistaire gear (the best set version in Darkmoor). Thanks,

Lenora SkullShade100

Survivor
May 01, 2010
I've been farming for about 3 months straight and only have the robe... so a very long time, at least for me.

Exalted

Mastermind
Mar 13, 2010
It's definitely random.

I had it all on three wizards (minus amulets on two and athame on one - which I didn't bother with because I have Morganthe on those wiz) in a total of 45-ish runs.One of the guys in that same group I quested those three girls with took over 80 runs to get his boots on one character. His two other characters were much faster. The other people in the group seemed to have all of it in about 50 total runs.

By the end, the four of us had done it so many times that we could do it in under an hour. Fastest was 38 minutes. Usually took 50.

One piece of advice; don't use Team Up. Find some friends who also need the gear and run it with them until you all get the gear. Knowing how you each play shortens the dungeon time so much that you can do three or four runs in the time of one Team Up run.

(I say this, because just for "fun" I teamed up the other day. The Team Up run took three hours. that's pretty normal for Team Up, I think, but I don't think "my group" is particularly fast for a coordinated, planned strategy group.)

Archon
Feb 07, 2011
i have farmed for almost 8 months, on 3 wizards, and not one of them has a full set.

balance has everything but her boots; storm has nothing but her boots, and poor death has nothing at all. i'm no longer a member, but i own all 3 dungeons, so i guess i'll be there for a while.

it's like the head dev asked the others, 'how do we annoy players the most' and put them all into one dungeon. i'm actually thinking of getting my membership back, so i can do things not related to castle dread-more.

-von "shane von shame is pain von lame" shadowsong
exalted

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
It's been about 20 to 30 completed runs per wizard for my family. Not easy, but not too bad.