Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Increase rare drop elixir

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
While reading the frustration of the Darkmoor runs posts, I though KI could come up with an elixir that would substantially increase rare and ultra rare drops ( for 24 hours when used) no matter where you are farming.

Survivor
Sep 15, 2013
I definitely think they should make an elixir like this, it would definitely help when farming. Also I think they should have an event where the drop rates are increased.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
No. The game doesn't need more pay to win options. Having the drop rates the same for all users is the way it should remain.

Historian
May 15, 2009
I don't agree with this.
If anything I feel like they should implement a system where your chances for an ultra rare drop ( such as malistaire's gear from darkmoore) increases by a small amount each time you complete the dungeon nd don't receive one of the ultra rare drops and once you do get a piece the rate resets itself and starts over

Survivor
Feb 02, 2010
I don't really agree with this, because it's sort of a Pay To Win option.

Explorer
Sep 26, 2013
As KI has said in the past, it's a question of time vs money. You can take forever to farm the long dungeons over and over again or you can buy a little help from the crown shop. It's the same concept as using all your energy and waiting for your energy to refill, or buying an energy elixir at the crown shop. I think at least a rare drop elixir should be an option for those who want it. If you choose not to buy it, then you are no worse off doing what you are currently doing. The rare drop elixir doesn't take away anything from any other wizard. It just increases the elixir user to get more rare drops.