Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Feedback Friday 5-1-15

AuthorMessage
Administrator
It's Friday once again, and with it, brings an opportunity to chat about something new!

Today, let's chat about the new type of dungeons in town. Tanglewood Terror and Baddle of the Bands are our first two new one-shot dungeons. I'd like to ask - Have you been through a one-shot dungeon? Did you go in at your OWN house or at a friend's house? What do you think of the experience? What was your FAVORITE piece of loot?

Looking forward to the comments. Hope you're having a fantabulous Friday!

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!

“If the Mind is like a candle, the Heart is like the sun.” Professor Falmea
Mastermind
Mar 16, 2010
Professor Falmea on May 1, 2015 wrote:
It's Friday once again, and with it, brings an opportunity to chat about something new!

Today, let's chat about the new type of dungeons in town. Tanglewood Terror and Baddle of the Bands are our first two new one-shot dungeons. I'd like to ask - Have you been through a one-shot dungeon? Did you go in at your OWN house or at a friend's house? What do you think of the experience? What was your FAVORITE piece of loot?

Standard disclaimer applies: We do not guarantee to use each and every idea submitted, and questions we pose may or may not be pertaining to things we are currently working on, or will ever undertake. Sometimes, there are just technical limitations that make changing things difficult to impossible, and though we possess all manner of magic wands here, there are technological beasts out there that are beyond our grasp. Sometimes, we may not feel it is within the spirit and vision of the spiral to add or change something. Also, we realize that some of these topics may have been addressed before in other threads - sometimes it's good to pick up a discussion again. Chances are I have read your threads and would like to hear more!
I had gone into my friend's "Baddle of the Bands" one shot gauntlet. The best piece of loot I've gotten from it was the Rocklops Jade Jewel (Level 15+). It was a fun time all around!

Survivor
Jul 26, 2014
I've been through both gauntlets once at other people's houses.
I liked the look of the shoes from the Baddle of the Bands, I might stitch when I get the whole set.

Delver
Mar 10, 2009
I haven't had a chance to do one yet but I am REALLY drooling for that White Striped Ziger. Such a cool mount

Survivor
Jun 07, 2014
I have done both twice, was very pleased with the pet drop, I got the stained glass roller and the death roller. The names made us laugh through the entire thing and the puns in tanglewood were so heavy, they were hilarious

Survivor
Dec 15, 2010
I have done both, one in my house one in a friend's house. My favorite piece of loot is the mushroom hat :3

Explorer
Sep 30, 2013
I tried this in the test mode on each, and didn't make it completely through either. I sent a message during the test that I didn't like them for this reason. One showed a recall button, but one did not. I think its kind of greedy of KI to make one shot dungeons for this reason. What if you die and you can't finish. You have to spend MORE money or crowns to get the dungeon again. Its not something I will be doing out of Test Realm because I don't want to waste my money on something if I die.

Historian
Nov 28, 2010
I have done both dungeons with a few of my wizards, all at my own castles.

When they were in the test realm I was skeptical about them. I liked the dungeons themselves. I just had my doubts about the price and singular use.

However once they hit the live realm, I found they held greater value than I initially believed. I think of how much I spent on Pagoda and Winterbane bundles just to get the gauntlets that come with them, and I only run them once with each wizard. The cost is way more.

Then I also think of how long it took for those gauntlets to become available. I'm in Canada so I have to wait for them to be released online before I can buy them. The Spiral Cup Gauntlet is another good example, I have no access to purchase it, and none of my friends have it. So from that aspect, having these new gauntlets playable immediately from launch is great! No geographical restrictions, and no waiting. I can buy and play the gauntlets whenever I want, so long as I have Crowns.

I now prefer these one shot gauntlets over all of the other ones currently available. From the cost, to the duration (they aren't long and drawn out like the other gauntlets), to the ability to select the level, to the availability, I have an appreciation for them now that I didn't have initially.

Survivor
Jan 22, 2013
I have been through Baddle of the bands. My favorite piece of loot is the Rockin' Roller pet. It is very cool looking. My second favorite is the music scroll. I have it set on repeat in my house. I have only played at my house so far. It was really fun for me to play as I recognized several of the characters from real life. Being a Cindy Lauder fan; it was really fun for me.

Kestral

Survivor
Jun 19, 2011
I haven't done the dungeons myself yet, but I love the pets. The Rocking Roller is really cool, and I just adore the Stained Glass Roller so much; That one is definitely my favourite.

Defender
Mar 28, 2011
Someone gifted my dad each of the new dungeons and I went though at his house. They are very funny. I didn't get any good gear or jewels, but I got a cute Rockin' Roller pet.

Off topic: I still want a pet skunk that gives potent trap card. Thanks :)

Geographer
Dec 14, 2009
It seems like a waste of crowns to me, for what you get (or don't) from it. I won't be participating in those, unless KI does something to make it more worthwhile.

Survivor
Jun 09, 2014
Well, out of both of the one-shot dungeons my favorite would have to be "Baddle of The Bands" because I love the 80s rock-n-roll music played in there. I did do this at my house. My favorite piece of loot in it would have to be the new mount! It's so pretty and it looks better then the original tigers in the crown shop.

Hope this answers your question Ms. Falmea!

Historian
Aug 10, 2009

Been through them both. I love how you can set the level! Wish we could do this with other places too so we could solo them, maybe just not get the high end awesome loot..

fav loot so far is the outfits from Baddle of the Bands. ROCK ON!

Survivor
Apr 12, 2012
Nope never been to a one shot gauntlet in live game. If I did it would probably be a friend's house since I have no crowns. My favorite is the piano shirt.. Really short reply but enjoy!

Brady Moonshard Level 100
Scot Giantforge Level 70

Mastermind
Nov 19, 2014
Intrepidatius on May 2, 2015 wrote:
It seems like a waste of crowns to me, for what you get (or don't) from it. I won't be participating in those, unless KI does something to make it more worthwhile.
I agree with that!

Explorer
Jul 20, 2014
I don't like the concept. They should be reusable.

Explorer
Jun 06, 2013
I have bought alot of these and I am not happy. A person asked me if I had one and feeling generous, I bought one and invited him. Guess what? He got the mount. Never said Thanks and ported away after. The person who pays for them should be getting the mounts.

Delver
Jan 21, 2014
Chrissy Th'Blesser on May 2, 2015 wrote:
I haven't had a chance to do one yet but I am REALLY drooling for that White Striped Ziger. Such a cool mount
WHAT! i can get a wight striped tiger in one of these dungeons????? How! Where! In wich one!

Survivor
Dec 04, 2009
Worked "Baddle of the Bands" tonight ... flying solo with crown bought henchmen (at appropriate levels).

The outfit I got looked nice and was balanced to my wizards level, but the stats weren't really in his favor.
Also (through the whole run) got Pyrite, Pointed Rock Shard, Stone Block, Fossil, Ore, Baby Carrots, Magma Blister (2) ... all in all, not too impressed with the drops. Also, would like it better if it was replayable ...

Loved the references to Twisted Sister, Motley Crue (etc) ... that's the time zone I grew up in, so working the song titles into their rants was a nice touch.

I'd seriously like to connect with a White Striped Ziger mount, but I'm wondering how many times I'll have to buy before I hit it.
Made repeated buys of those Winter Packs looking for skates, but came up only with a one day rental (very disappointing).

Ah, well ... c'est la vie

Geographer
Mar 12, 2013
I've done both baddle and tanglewood.

Baddle is the more fun of the two. Maybe it's nostalgia. It just seems more engaging and less contrived. The plant puns from Tanglewood are really awkward and cloying after the first sentence of dialog.

As far as gear goes, both dungeons have cute gear sets. The stats are mostly rubbish, but the rock star items at least "play well" with pre-existing guitars. Very stitchable.

I haven't done enough tanglewoods to have seen all the hats. Honestly the death mob battle is such a chore, my niece and I just have no interest. We do the other one instead.

There's a bug in Baddle's sound volume. When you first enter, the theme music volume is audible and balanced well with the dialog volume. Once you fight the Motley crue, though, after the combat theme ends and the main ambient theme returns, it is at a much reduced volume. This holds for the rest of the dungeon.

Even the combat theme is now at the lower volume.

It's like someone tripped over the power cord to the amps somewhere between Motley Crue and Dee Snidee.

Sound check, dude!

Squire
Jun 13, 2011

Professor Falmea, I've been through both of these one-shot Dungeons, & I have this to say...

The Baddle of the Bands & Tanglewood Terror housing gauntlets are very good adventures. I got to say, I had a blast going through them.

The first new housing Gauntlet, the Baddle of the Bands, had loads of these rock-n-roll references many remember in the past, & the enemies that tried to slide me down with their off-tuned attacks, I gave them a proper fine-tuning to, even the last boss itself. Really good adventure. I rocked out from the crowd... literally!

The second new housing Gauntlet, Tanglewood Terror, it's a very nice romp through Wysteria's street, that was being attacked by those awful plant pun giving creatures that were ordered by their leader, Forest Grump, but I have to say, they did know how to put up a good fight, even that last boss himself. Rooted these crazed plants right out of the ground & taught them the error of their ways. I did get a new pet, the Stained Glass Roller, out of that last boss, though. Liked it! Can't wait to train it.

To sum it up, I liked the adventures on these new housing gauntlets, but the whole "one-shot" thing... not from my tastes. I would prefer to have them having their "once-a-day" versions so we can replay them again once per day. Would be better this way, don't you think?

Illuminator
Oct 22, 2011
I have to admit, I was skeptical of the one-shot gauntlets at first. An in-game friend gifted me several each of the gauntlets, and I've shared them with my other in-game friends, plus I've purchased a few myself.

These are a great example of how W101 should be in the entire Spiral. They were fun, engaging, quippy, and relatively easy to do without being loaded down with cheats, which makes it that much more fun for the entire family. Who wants to buy these and end up dying all the time because of the cheats? Not me!

I love Baddle of the Bands ..... the music, the ambiance, names of the characters, etc. Tanglewood had the plant puns and cute characters. Each have cool stitchable gear and other drops. The stats for the gear isn't very good at any level, so I only go for the looks.

I would like to see the crown price drop a little, maybe within the 250-350 range. This way, those that don't have many crowns will have more of an opportunity to purchase their own for fun with family and friends. Plus, I (and possibly others) would buy the gauntlet MORE if the price was lowered a bit.

I know that I have been negative about a lot of things concerning W101 over the last several years, but these gauntlets are an example of how I would like to see the Spiral worlds play out. ENTERTAINING!!!

WOOT!!!!

Astrologist
Dec 26, 2013
I haven't played either of the gauntlets - yet. I'll be honest, I hadn't intended to purchase either of these because I thought the price was a bit steep for a one-shot deal. But after reading through some of these posts I think maybe I've changed my mind. When you consider the cost in Crowns for some of the pets, mounts and gear that can be purchased individually in the Crown shop it seems like these gauntlets are a reasonable risk. Maybe even less of a risk than buying packs so I'll be trying one of them tonight.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
I've never had good luck with packs, and I don't like the "nickle and dime" approach to the game. If we pay for subs we should get all the content, and a decent chance at any item in the game without spending more.

I did the gauntlets on test and thought they were fun, especially Tanglewood, but didn't get anything worth 500 crowns and I can't afford to buy extra stuff anyway. "There's a chance of ______" Sorry, I'm not a gambler.