Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PvP Matching System..

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
Hello everyone, I am a lvl 5 Ice Warlord. Some of the match-ups seem just a little unfair. Like me going against a lvl 30? Not cool. I don't know if it's just me, but Kingsisle should rethink the matching system.

Angel Blood Level 5 Warlord

Survivor
Jan 25, 2015
Do you know you can change your min max level for being paired vs someone your level bracket? Hope this can help.

-SweatPantNinja

Survivor
Feb 02, 2009
If this is for Practice matches, you may set up the levels to where you want them.

However, Ranked matches you cannot. As the system chooses for you (depending on level and rank)

Survivor
Apr 17, 2011
BlueHybridCat on Jan 25, 2015 wrote:
Hello everyone, I am a lvl 5 Ice Warlord. Some of the match-ups seem just a little unfair. Like me going against a lvl 30? Not cool. I don't know if it's just me, but Kingsisle should rethink the matching system.

I forgot to include something, I'm talking about ranked matches, how going against a level alot higher than you is unfair.

Angel Blood Level 5

Explorer
Nov 18, 2011
Survivor
Dec 09, 2009
BlueHybridCat on Jan 28, 2015 wrote:
I forgot to include something, I'm talking about ranked matches, how going against a level alot higher than you is unfair.

Angel Blood Level 5
I am so sick of hearing 'Warlords' complaining how they verse private people from between 5-32 levels above them. I hate to stereotype warlords on here because that is a problem as well but are you even a warlord when all you have is amazing gear/pet and some treasure cards? If you think about it, sating it is "Unfair" is a very ignorant statement considering 95% of the time privates are going to have way worse armor than a warlord. I do not know if you have a full commander set or veteran set but I am sure you pack massive resist to be warlord. The only and I mean THE ONLY disadvantage of being a lower level is health but ice has much higher health than usual so that should not be too big of a problem. I have a warlord ice as well that is warlord but I actually had to put time into him unlike this 'level 5' junk and he plays people with waterworks armor for gosh shake! (He is level 39). So to close this out, A - I am a good example of a warlord who doesn't whine, complain, or say how the whole world is pitted against them. B - You're a level 5 with better stats than most level 50s so you have no leg to stand on when it comes to this sort of problem. Now maybe if you are a warlord who relied on skill (Even though you are level 5 so I smell tc's and gear) and you didn't have the perfect armor, that would be a valid point because it really isn't fair if that is the case. But even so, if you can't be ready to fight higher ups then you don't deserve warlord status.

~Your main man Ryan~

Survivor
Dec 19, 2010
Ranked PVP match making is unfair. Countless times i attempt to join ranked PVP matches and i am always going up against a warlord or commander. It just makes me so angry all the time.I think the match making should be fixed. Like warlords against warlords, Commanders against commanders, Captains against captains etc. I am sick of having a private wizard and going head to head with a warlord. In my opinion that is like putting a God against a Human it just seems unfair to me. This match making system really needs to be fixed. The option to try all players feels like that same thing as finding an opponent in my skill range. I don't want to be a private fighting a commander or warlord. I want to fight people on my rank or maybe no more then two ranks higher. It just seems unfair to me. I'm sure others can agree.

Survivor
Mar 17, 2014
BlueHybridCat on Jan 25, 2015 wrote:

Hi i'm a level 18 overlord, My name is Kane Day, And I commonly find myself matching up with GM's that are not only usually storm, they spam towers as well!. I definitely agree with you Angel, Kingsisle should definitely re-think the matching system.

Kane Day, Level 18 Overlord

See you in the arena!!!