Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Better Hired Henchman

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
Okay, I'm getting pretty tired of hired henchman who apparently left their brains in a jar on a shelf somehwere when they came to the dueling ring. You know who I'm talking about healer who heals himself when I'm down to 200 HP. I would like to see either a better AI (IOW henchmen who don't do stupid things like heal people who have full HP when someone else actually needs healing) or a way for us to control the hired henchman ourselves. We're essentially paying actual money for these things. They should, at the very least, not do glaringly stupid things like the above example. I figure if you can make the regular minions in Pirate 101 controllable, it shouldn't be much of a thing to make the hired henchman controllable in Wizard 101.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Aazari on Nov 14, 2014 wrote:
Okay, I'm getting pretty tired of hired henchman who apparently left their brains in a jar on a shelf somehwere when they came to the dueling ring. You know who I'm talking about healer who heals himself when I'm down to 200 HP. I would like to see either a better AI (IOW henchmen who don't do stupid things like heal people who have full HP when someone else actually needs healing) or a way for us to control the hired henchman ourselves. We're essentially paying actual money for these things. They should, at the very least, not do glaringly stupid things like the above example. I figure if you can make the regular minions in Pirate 101 controllable, it shouldn't be much of a thing to make the hired henchman controllable in Wizard 101.
The healer that heals is the Level 50 Life henchman. Don't waste crowns on any others.

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
People have said it a bunch of times before: henchmen need AI revisions.

To recap, here's what the people want:
  • Buff, Heal, and Attack suggestions to guide Henchman moves
  • Defeated/Lowest health human players with the lowest health should get the highest healing priority
  • heals from other schools of Henchman (Sacrifice from Death, Healing Current from Storm, Helping/Availing Hands from Balance)

Yes, there are workarounds, but people don't want workarounds. They want their crowns to go to work for them if they choose to spend. That's reasonable and valid.

Survivor
Jun 08, 2009
RavenLady777 on Nov 14, 2014 wrote:
The healer that heals is the Level 50 Life henchman. Don't waste crowns on any others.
Even the level 50 healer often has the healing of people who don't need it issue. I do agree, most of the others are useless if you're just needing someone to help keep you alive. On my level 93 Pyro, I rarely buy henchmen above level 50. It's often cheaper than buying the higher level ones even if you have to replace them once or twice. But I would like it if my money bought some actual usable henchman instead of AIs which do ignorant things.

Explorer
Jan 19, 2014
Hello everyone and KI staff, hope your having a good day

Anyway, I use the 70 life Henchman. The only bad thing is that is can forest lord and waste it's pips

But Lvl 50 and under heal 99% of the time

And it's MUCH cheaper, it's like stealing henchman

Anyway thanks for your time, if you excuse me, I need to hire some henchman