Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

New spell idea for death!

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 28, 2008
So I was just playing pvp and when I finish i someone came up with this idea for a new death spell.
I'm not sure what level it should be learned at but i'd say it should be a level 78 spell.
Anyways my idea was that the spell would be the opposite of Rebirth (life spell) and instead of healing all allies it does damage to all enemies (maybe like 500-550) and leaves maybe a 30% - 40% trap on the enemies.
And instead of summoning Bartleby, it would summon Mortis the death tree.

What do you guys think?

Survivor
Sep 27, 2014
KingIsle should definitely consider doing this

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
This idea has been mentioned before and I like it. I noticed that you made it damage only and not life sap which helps add balance to it. people have asked for Tree spells (like what you outline) for a while, and this could be a neat idea for them to use

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Bwax on Oct 25, 2014 wrote:
So I was just playing pvp and when I finish i someone came up with this idea for a new death spell.
I'm not sure what level it should be learned at but i'd say it should be a level 78 spell.
Anyways my idea was that the spell would be the opposite of Rebirth (life spell) and instead of healing all allies it does damage to all enemies (maybe like 500-550) and leaves maybe a 30% - 40% trap on the enemies.
And instead of summoning Bartleby, it would summon Mortis the death tree.

What do you guys think?
I like it... with a bit more damage for that level since Scarecrow and Wraith's base damage is pretty close to that.

Survivor
May 11, 2011
Sounds like you are wanting a Scarecrow, but with traps.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
ElvenGoddess86 on Oct 26, 2014 wrote:
Sounds like you are wanting a Scarecrow, but with traps.
what's wrong with that? I like the idea of a death spell that does SOMETHING other than apply useless (for PvE) healing debuffers. Death isnt the only school that has this problem (useless after effects), but it is the one we're discussing. If you don't like the spell, just dont use it, it's that simple :)

Explorer
May 30, 2009
I think this is a great idea. I really think they should consider making "tree spells." Possible names:

Bartelby - Rebirth
Mortis - Decompose
Bernie- Scorch
Kelvin- Flash-freeze
Ivan- Sacred-Aura
Blossom- (lighter form of Rebirth), name - Novus Vitae
Torrence - Water spout