Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Gifting Arena Items.

AuthorMessage
Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
This idea came to me recently as a friend was discussing the amount of tickets he needed to buy a certain arena item. I am currently standing on 11k+ arena tickets with nothing to do with them. I have all the items I desire and the tickets are just sitting there gathering dust. I think it would be a great idea if we had the option to gift our friends items with arena tickets. It could operate just like the crowns shop with an option to either purchase or gift. I feel this would be an excellent way to spread the love and to ensure a more even playing base between players.

Survivor
Jul 13, 2014
First off, how you have so many tickets is beyond me. I don't see it as worth the effort. Second, there are many other things you can use tickets for. Pet snacks, reagents, so on.

Adherent
Mar 18, 2009
PvP gear is a reward of one's ability to PvP. If it was able to be given, that prestige would be taken away. Similarly, no auction crafted gear is a display of one character's achievements in crafting. If these items could be given away, a certain population of players desiring the gear would only need to know someone willing to give them (or sit around and beg good pvp players). They would not have to put in the time, effort or money. Now granted, getting the PvP badge is an achievement itself, but the gear is reflective of the time spent farming for tickets, while keeping your rank (demonstrated pvp skills over time).

Defender
Jul 11, 2013
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
This idea came to me recently as a friend was discussing the amount of tickets he needed to buy a certain arena item. I am currently standing on 11k+ arena tickets with nothing to do with them. I have all the items I desire and the tickets are just sitting there gathering dust. I think it would be a great idea if we had the option to gift our friends items with arena tickets. It could operate just like the crowns shop with an option to either purchase or gift. I feel this would be an excellent way to spread the love and to ensure a more even playing base between players.
"Love"? I don't think there is much among PvPers. You gotta earn and win "the prize"(like an arena sword or something). This would make it even more unfair because PvPers and players are going to beg the people to friend them and ask, "Plz be my friend!" so that they could earn free arena tickets.

Survivor
Sep 06, 2010
I don't think gear should be gifted, but maybe purchased at all ranks and only worn when the said rank is achieved.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
Eric Stormbringer on Oct 8, 2014 wrote:
IF gifting is allowed, it should be for items that dont make a direct difference in PvP battles. Things like the ring, athame, and amulet from the vendor. Nothing, that can directly be used in battle, should be allowed to be gifted, or else it cheats the whole system

Defender
Feb 27, 2009
You can see I joined in 2009, and after a year in PVP with all the new critical stuff coming out with Celestia I was done once I saw a guy for his main school had a 537 critical hit and 287 critical block. PVP came out in January 2009 with the release of Dragonspyre, so PVP was only a baby when I came in to the Spiral, and even then people were arguing over pure TC wins and using hack clients to see each other's spell decks.

I'm with the people who despise crown item and other things beggars who promise mass amounts of TCs or a crown house for something, and being able to gift PVP Tickets and items is going to pull the bulk if this disagreement into Unicorn Way. People are going to beg outside the Arena doors promising crown stuff or TCs to new players in exchange for Arena Tickets items and scam them so then they panic and come to the message boards and blame it all on Kingsisle and other people. Don't forget the Pet Pavilion uses Arena Tickets also, so this just gives beggars more space and people in two different groups. Beggars who are asking everyone in the Commons for free stuff and home dungeon usage beggars who go hunting on the housing tours are bad enough, sorry, but on this idea it's a no from me.

Marcus Suncrafter, lvl 77