Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Jotun in Nadaviler

AuthorMessage
Champion
Jul 13, 2013
Everyone who does Grizzleheim will eventually face Jotun. Most are Grandmasters at this time and some are lower level then that. I think Jotun shouldn't be so hard. A lot of people are already stuck in worlds like Dragonspyre and they need a place where the bosses are easy and they can level up. But Jotun is incredibly hard to solo and most people didn't want to help me. Fortunately, one level 75 did. But I still think this is a large problem, especially for us who don't have text chat.
Here is a tip: you don't have to defeat all the monsters in the whole place, just Jotun and his buddies.
Anyways, Jotun should be easier to beat, with less health and worse attacks.

Archon
Oct 24, 2010
Dragoncloud888 on Aug 7, 2014 wrote:
Everyone who does Grizzleheim will eventually face Jotun. Most are Grandmasters at this time and some are lower level then that. I think Jotun shouldn't be so hard. A lot of people are already stuck in worlds like Dragonspyre and they need a place where the bosses are easy and they can level up. But Jotun is incredibly hard to solo and most people didn't want to help me. Fortunately, one level 75 did. But I still think this is a large problem, especially for us who don't have text chat.
Here is a tip: you don't have to defeat all the monsters in the whole place, just Jotun and his buddies.
Anyways, Jotun should be easier to beat, with less health and worse attacks.
Jotun is not that big of a deal, IF you wait, as you should, to do Grizzleheim. I've soloed it...it's not fun at all and between doing the dungeons to duel his brothers first, and the duel with Jotun, the whole thing takes days. However, it does not need to be nerfed at all.

Grizzleheim is NOT a place to attempt to level up at all. The XP gained there is minimal. Real XP doesn't happen until Wintertusk.

You want XP, go back to Mooshu or even Marleybone and do side quests.

Dragonspyre is hardly the most difficult world... in fact the difficulty jump once you have completed it, is astronomical. So be prepared.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Jotun isn't very hard to beat, even alone. Just kill his brothers in the side dungeons first so you only have to fight Jotun.

Survivor
Nov 25, 2009
Imo, GH is just something to get through in order to reach Wintertusk, which more than makes up for the minimal XP gained in GH. Because I see GH as just a stepping stone to complete as fast as possible, I would not recommend taking the time to defeat his brothers. Instead, I'd just ask for help. If you don't have any friends on, you can go the Commons and ask for help with Jotun. I've helped several strangers who did that.