Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

A few Spell ideas

AuthorMessage
Defender
May 29, 2013
I have a few ideas for spells, either new spells or existing spells, so tell me what you think

1) Simplify and Elucidate- Make these cards trainable. I don't really care for Elucidate, but Simplify would be great for the Pain in the neck that is Elemental/Spirit Blades, as well as Bladestorm delaying your attack for costing a pip. Simplify takes 1 pip off the cost for a spell, so no doubt it'll be used for the exact reason above. I imagine that it would be trainable at either Colossal level or at Sharpen/Potent level. It's such a useful spell, so it's a waste to not put it to use. Maybe you could keep them the same blades as the original. In other words, they don't stack with the 1-pip costing blades. It really won't matter whether they do or not in PvP, as no player would let you stack that many blades

2) A new Shadow spell- This is kind of a Shadow-Sun spell. I was thinking that it would add +400 to an attack, while adding 1 Shadow Pip to the cost of the spell. Hear me out on this one! Ra does 560-640 damage. Enchanted, it would do 960-1040 damage for 8 pips and 1 shadow pip. While this seems OP, the backlash has to come into play. The backlash would be 25% of the damage done with the spell. I'm guessing that, in team settings, it would add up all the damage and hit with 1 big backlash, or it would do the same as Shadow Sentinel, being hit with damage from individual players.

3) Buff Level 75 Minions- The minions are useless in Avalon and Azteca. Why? They either have no block or not enough block to matter. Give them a Crit rate! Give them a Block rate! You spend 5 pips to summon them, so at least make them more useful. It's not like they can be used in PvP

4) A 4-Pip AoE attack for Life- Life doesn't have one. It's one of the reasons Life is considered the weakest PvP school at the Magus to Grandmaster level. If it's 4 pips, then I can imagine that it would be slightly more powerful than Blizzard, since you'd have to Farm or craft it. If not, then make it the same power as Blizzard. If it's 5 pips then I'm thinking 275-320. I can imagine 2 things for it
  • Pegasus- Light would shine and a Pegasus would fly down. For it's attack, it would shoot a beam from its mouth or, if it has a horn, that. Or it would charge the targets with the horn
  • Stampede- A bunch of trees would pop up, and a Squirrel would be sitting there with a nut. The ground would shake and the squirrel would run up the trees, while horses, boars, and whatever would run at the target.

How do these sound? Good? Bad? Horrible?

Honest feed back, people!

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
1. Sounds cool, but maybe make it no-PvP. Storms using an Elucidate and the extra pip deck can fire off a Storm Lord on turn 1. Imagine going against 4 of those.
2. Basically a suicide spell. Most high level combat has serious overkill, so the hitter is a dead man. Just killing a boss, average of 20k health, will lay all but Ice low.
3. I agree, although my main problem with minions are that they are hopelessly incompetent and will waste my traps. There really needs to be some way to exert control over them, even the most bumbling of menu chatters can be stopped if you yell no at them enough.
4. Ah yes, the curse of life. I can't say I disagree, much like Death gets Deer Knight. However, it needs more damage, Deer Knight does 300+270 DOT base.

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
For a reply to the minion idea, check out this thread (dont want to repost the whole thing). Before anybody says it's overpowered, keep in mind it's a 3 card, 2 step process which also costs 2 more pips than the normal L75 minion

https://www.wizard101.com/forum/the-dorms/enhance-minion-spell-8ad6a41b40e8127e01411539fa641f58

Armiger
Jan 11, 2012
sorry for the dual reply, forgot to talk about this one:

A 4-Pip AoE attack for Life- Life doesn't have one. It's one of the reasons Life is considered the weakest PvP school at the Magus to Grandmaster level. If it's 4 pips, then I can imagine that it would be slightly more powerful than Blizzard, since you'd have to Farm or craft it. If not, then make it the same power as Blizzard.

Ah, life, one of the schools who suffer in the AoE department because of how late they get theirs. I think a better option than creating a new spell would be to convert a current single target spell to an AoE and adjusting the damage accordingly. For example:

Centaur: 6 pips, 350 damage to all enemies

or maybe

Seraph: 4 pips, 175-250 damage to all enemies

Something like that (as just examples).

Defender
May 29, 2013
Robobot1747 on Jul 21, 2014 wrote:
1. Sounds cool, but maybe make it no-PvP. Storms using an Elucidate and the extra pip deck can fire off a Storm Lord on turn 1. Imagine going against 4 of those.
2. Basically a suicide spell. Most high level combat has serious overkill, so the hitter is a dead man. Just killing a boss, average of 20k health, will lay all but Ice low.
3. I agree, although my main problem with minions are that they are hopelessly incompetent and will waste my traps. There really needs to be some way to exert control over them, even the most bumbling of menu chatters can be stopped if you yell no at them enough.
4. Ah yes, the curse of life. I can't say I disagree, much like Death gets Deer Knight. However, it needs more damage, Deer Knight does 300+270 DOT base.
1) Like I said, I don't really care what happens to Elucidate. Anyways, only the most insane Storms will kill with an unenchanted Storm Lord, and only then if they Crit. Most Crits get blocked at high levels. No smart Storm would throw all their pips into an attack on the first turn, unless you have the aforementioned 4 storms, but there will never be a serious all Storm team at high levels. They're just too easy to kill. Like I said, I don't care for Elucidate, so that can be no-PvP for that reason, although it's unlikely to GG the first round at high levels

2) I see your point there.........

3) I guess you could give them battle orders via Menu Chat, and they take effect next round or something like that.

4) Nothing to say on

Defender
Jan 27, 2012
With the pegasus spell, Ill have you know that a pegesus has no horn. Its a flying horse. So the attack would be something to do with its wings.

Defender
May 29, 2013
Seth Lifeblood Nic... on Jul 22, 2014 wrote:
With the pegasus spell, Ill have you know that a pegesus has no horn. Its a flying horse. So the attack would be something to do with its wings.
Actually, some pegasus are seen with a horn

Survivor
May 19, 2011
I have some spell ideas and I think many people would like it, but it would require a slight boost in health for all schools. My idea is for some new spells, I couldn't think of any or spells at the moment. First off, a new enchantment spell like Colossal, but stronger, I would call it Overpower and it could add either 325 or 350 damage to 1 spell, KI can choose between 325 and 350 if they try my spell idea because I have been hearing a few complaints in the game saying that colossal isn't strong enough. Since KI thought of sharpen blade and potent trap, I thought of some shield boosters, call the spell "buff shield", add 10% to 1 positive ward and a sharpen blade spell that adds 10% to 1 negative charm, but I dont have a name for that spell yet.And there would be the astral school obelisks with them in Silent Market. I hope KI likes my idea and tries it out and can probably improve it further.