Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

PVP Leaderboard!

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
okay leaderboard contain of 1000 people out of MILLIONS of players!

i believe that at the end of an pvp age.
kingsisle should give prize to people in leaderboard for there hard work, and dedication to the game.

because most of us game freak :P are pvper.

i thinking maybe a really cool looking sword that light up like "umbra blade" or the talon of prestilence that i just bought in crown shop :D.

or maybe like 5,000 ticket or crown or mount or some thing special for hard work in pvp and to show other there complishment in pvp leaderboard.

OR maybe A NEW TITLE for people in leaderboard!

what you guys think :D?

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
I think prizes would be nice, but only if they actually do something about the rank cheaters first. You can't achieve ratings that high with so few wins.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
Lucas Rain on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
I think prizes would be nice, but only if they actually do something about the rank cheaters first. You can't achieve ratings that high with so few wins.
they already did, long time ago people had rating like 13,000 but now they change it the highest is around 3600

actually the current #1 guy right now has rating of 3663 and he won 222.

if you divide the 3663 by 222 it give you 16.5 which is about the same about as what you get when you win in 1v1.

but he probably lost some too. but he probably did some team pvp too which can give 23 in 2v2

Astrologist
Aug 20, 2011
JohnRamCeu on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
they already did, long time ago people had rating like 13,000 but now they change it the highest is around 3600

if you divide the 3663 by 222 it give you 16.5 which is about the same about as what you get when you win in 1v1.

but he probably lost some too. but he probably did some team pvp too which can give 23 in 2v2
Wow. Guess that shows how long ago I gave up on KI doing something about rank cheaters. I don't remember seeing an announcement about it?

But the incentive structure in a fair ratings board is very clear. You can encourage customer activity exponentially by offering exclusive perks to a select, highly visible few.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
JohnRamCeu on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:

Some of the people on the leaderboard still cheat. For instance, yesterday, I saw a death level 2 with around 60 wins and 2,000 rating on the leaderboards. Even the #1 guy on the leaderboards, I'm not sure if he cheats or not, but he would have to lose very, very few matches in order to get that high rating in team PvP.

Explorer
Jul 13, 2010
Aaron SpellThief on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
Some of the people on the leaderboard still cheat. For instance, yesterday, I saw a death level 2 with around 60 wins and 2,000 rating on the leaderboards. Even the #1 guy on the leaderboards, I'm not sure if he cheats or not, but he would have to lose very, very few matches in order to get that high rating in team PvP.
um so where is the cheat? there isn't any rule for lvl 2 to not win more then 60.

just because you can't do it, you think lvl 2 can't do it either? at low lvl.

about every one use tc to attack such as triton and etc. and if they have double resist and commander gear they mostlike have 50-59 resist. about all of the warlord at low lvl have that.

and just so you know, using tc isn't cheating ;P.
when we say cheating we mean hacks and bots and stuff that change the rule of pvp.

Squire
Apr 18, 2010
Yeah it isn't easy being on the leaderboards. People on it should get prizes.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011
JohnRamCeu on Jul 9, 2014 wrote:
um so where is the cheat? there isn't any rule for lvl 2 to not win more then 60.

just because you can't do it, you think lvl 2 can't do it either? at low lvl.

about every one use tc to attack such as triton and etc. and if they have double resist and commander gear they mostlike have 50-59 resist. about all of the warlord at low lvl have that.

and just so you know, using tc isn't cheating ;P.
when we say cheating we mean hacks and bots and stuff that change the rule of pvp.
The only possible way for that player to get that much rating would be to puppet or use some sort of rank glitch. Kingsisle tried to fix puppetting in the past, so it is probably considered an exploit of the matching system. Rank glitches are most certainly cheating, and what I expect this player did. If a player won 60 matches with 16 rank each, that player would only get 1460 rating. In order to get higher rating than that without rank glitches, the player would have to PvP with someone much higher PvP rank than him/her, thus puppetting and exploiting the matching system. If that player did not puppet, then he used a rank glitch. The player I was talking about: Caleb SpriteShield: Level 2 death, 62 wins now, 2516 rating. A few other examples: Lindsey Dawn: Level 1 fire, 40 wins, 2148 rating. Amy Blood: level 5 life, 13 wins, 1940 rating. I just don't find it fair that people that use glitches or exploits should get prizes for doing so while players such as my balance get the same prize for doing (And winning) hundreds of matches.