Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

School Weapons Quests

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Apr 02, 2011
This is something I've been thinking about for a while and I just wanted to post it, so here it is. When your wizard reaches level 74 a tutorial tip from their class teacher pops up with a message. The weapon must be crafted and requires at least a Mast Crafter Badge. So first, here's the ice one.

Professor Greyrose Tutorial Tip: I hate to bother you on your missions, but if it wouldn't be a ton of trouble please visit me in my classroom.

Professor Greyrose: Thank you for coming so quickly, I would like to tall you... you have a new wand! Well actually not now, you have to complete a simple task first. Listen closely: the Bow of Eternal Frost is a wand that only very few Tharmaturges has acquired. For more information speak with Padraig in Abbey Road.

Padraig: You want to craft the Bow of Eternal Frost? Well, that's very difficult, only very few Tharmaturges have it, I'm on of only three! Crafting the bow is easy, but getting the recipe is difficult. The recipe is sold by Jordan in Wyrd. But he won't just give it to you, he thinks only the best of Ice can have it, so you'll have to defeat him to get the recipe.

Jordan: You want the recipe like so many before you, well are you worthy?

Jordan
Fire
Health: 13,355
Cheats: Every five rounds he casts a balance blade on himself then casts a critical 4000 damage Mammoth

Jordan: You have proven yourself, please, it would be my honor to just give you this recipe, you are by far the strongest of many who have come in here.

Padraig: You have it! Now all you have to do is craft it and bring it to Greyrose. I congratulate you wizard.

Recipe: 5 frost flower, 10 mist wood, 5 perfect sapphire, 1 astral shard.

Professor Greyrose: Astonishing! Truly! Now all you have to do now is activate it's full power, to do that go to the Glacier Hills in Ravenscar and call for a spirit of ice. He shall activate the power.

Narrator: It's freezing out here, you face becomes a cherry red. What's that noise?

Wooly Mammoth: You have proven yourself worthy of this magic. It would be my honor to activate the power.

Professor Greyrose: Amazing! You did it! Congratulations I knew you could do it. Enjoy this, you've earned it.

15,550 xp
815 gold

Bow of Eternal Frost:
+50 ice critical
+130 critical block
+5 resist
+5 ice damage
+5 ice accuracy
+11 death 130 wand attacks
+1 ice blade
NO PVP
If you enter a PVP match of tournament with this wand you will immediately loose, loose all mana, and loose half of all your arena tickets.

Well that's it, and I hope you enjoyed.

Defender
Mar 13, 2014
I think the notion of school quests for special gear is a good one. It doesn't have to be limited to wands. But I wouldn't recommend tying it to crafting. Crafting is pretty much an adventure in itself, crafting any useful item in this game is far more trouble than completing any ordinary quest.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
IceWarlord1380 on Jul 7, 2014 wrote:
This is something I've been thinking about for a while and I just wanted to post it, so here it is. When your wizard reaches level 74 a tutorial tip from their class teacher pops up with a message. The weapon must be crafted and requires at least a Mast Crafter Badge. So first, here's the ice one.

Professor Greyrose Tutorial Tip: I hate to bother you on your missions, but if it wouldn't be a ton of trouble please visit me in my classroom.

Professor Greyrose: Thank you for coming so quickly, I would like to tall you... you have a new wand! Well actually not now, you have to complete a simple task first. Listen closely: the Bow of Eternal Frost is a wand that only very few Tharmaturges has acquired. For more information speak with Padraig in Abbey Road.

Padraig: You want to craft the Bow of Eternal Frost? Well, that's very difficult, only very few Tharmaturges have it, I'm on of only three! Crafting the bow is easy, but getting the recipe is difficult. The recipe is sold by Jordan in Wyrd. But he won't just give it to you, he thinks only the best of Ice can have it, so you'll have to defeat him to get the recipe.

Jordan: You want the recipe like so many before you, well are you worthy?

Jordan
Fire
Health: 13,355
Cheats: Every five rounds he casts a balance blade on himself then casts a critical 4000 damage Mammoth

Jordan: You have proven yourself, please, it would be my honor to just give you this recipe, you are by far the strongest of many who have come in here.

Padraig: You have it! Now all you have to do is craft it and bring it to Greyrose. I congratulate you wizard.

Recipe: 5 frost flower, 10 mist wood, 5 perfect sapphire, 1 astral shard.

Professor Greyrose: Astonishing! Truly! Now all you have to do now is activate it's full power, to do that go to the Glacier Hills in Ravenscar and call for a spirit of ice. He shall activate the power.

Narrator: It's freezing out here, you face becomes a cherry red. What's that noise?

Wooly Mammoth: You have proven yourself worthy of this magic. It would be my honor to activate the power.

Professor Greyrose: Amazing! You did it! Congratulations I knew you could do it. Enjoy this, you've earned it.

15,550 xp
815 gold

Bow of Eternal Frost:
+50 ice critical
+130 critical block
+5 resist
+5 ice damage
+5 ice accuracy
+11 death 130 wand attacks
+1 ice blade
NO PVP
If you enter a PVP match of tournament with this wand you will immediately loose, loose all mana, and loose half of all your arena tickets.

Well that's it, and I hope you enjoyed.
You do realize that No-pvp items don't cause instant lost and eat your arena tickets? That bow seems a bit OP for level 70something, that's like pack wand block.