Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power pips

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Aug 08, 2013
Hi!
I have a question: How does the game calculate the basic chanse of getting power pip?

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
It generates a random number from 1 to 100. If your power pip chance is greater than or equal to the chosen number, you get a power pip. If not, you get a white pip, commonly referred to as a "noob" pip.

Survivor
Feb 14, 2010
Starting at level ten, your character gains a base power pip chance percentage. This percentage indicates, on average, how many power pips your character will receive in battle (e.g., 12% indicates 12 power pips gained per 100 rounds). As your character levels up, his/her base power pip chance percentage increases (and eventually maxes out at 40% at grandmaster). You can also equip gear, wands, pets, etc. to boost this percentage and/or gain additional power pips.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Robobot1747 on Jun 14, 2014 wrote:
It generates a random number from 1 to 100. If your power pip chance is greater than or equal to the chosen number, you get a power pip. If not, you get a white pip, commonly referred to as a "noob" pip.
That makes no sense. It should be the opposite. If it's LESSER than or equal is when it would be a power pip. Base power pip chance without gear from level 50+ is 40%, meaning 1-40 = power pip and 41-100 = white pip.

Survivor
Aug 08, 2013
I'm understand this but I want to know that how does the game calculate the basic chance what u can boost up with cloths etc.

Astrologist
Sep 19, 2013
seethe42 on Jun 15, 2014 wrote:
That makes no sense. It should be the opposite. If it's LESSER than or equal is when it would be a power pip. Base power pip chance without gear from level 50+ is 40%, meaning 1-40 = power pip and 41-100 = white pip.
You read it wrong. If the random number generator spits out an 88 and you have a 90% pip chance, then you get a power pip, because your pip chance is greater than that. If it spits out a 92, you get a noob pip. You are saying that the greater your power pip chance is, the less likely you are to get a power pip.
@Vadlo: It's just a number that starts at 10% at level 10 and goes up to 40% at level 50. Look up the level chart on the wiki. I don't think there's any real formula.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Vadlo on Jun 16, 2014 wrote:
I'm understand this but I want to know that how does the game calculate the basic chance what u can boost up with cloths etc.
http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/Basic:Level_Chart

It goes up with levels to a max of 40% chance. Gear with +* add to that chance.