Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Question about soloing?

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
I recently came back to Wizard101(was away from it for like 2 years or more) and created a new wizard. I'm a level 12 Life wizard and earlier today I beat Wizard City. Is it possible to solo the game as a life wizard? I've never been one, so thats why I'm asking.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
Grizzley117 on May 9, 2014 wrote:
I recently came back to Wizard101(was away from it for like 2 years or more) and created a new wizard. I'm a level 12 Life wizard and earlier today I beat Wizard City. Is it possible to solo the game as a life wizard? I've never been one, so thats why I'm asking.
It's pretty much impossible to solo the entire game now and days if you're not gonna play for hours upon hours day after day.

Life can pretty much solo WC - Dragonspyre (Malistaire's Lair you'll probably need help) but in Celestia things turn around real quick and it becomes pretty hard for anyone to solo. My death was the one that was able to solo about 90% of this game, but hard dungeons and cheating bosses make it extremely difficult in the later worlds. A lot of dungeons have nothing but 4v1 battles (death's "Scarecrow" spell is the main reason I can still solo)

If you wanna meet up just let me know and we'll figure out a way to meet in game so I can lend you a hand when you need it.

-The RavenCatcher

Defender
Nov 17, 2012
I have for the most part thus far. I'm in Celestia and very rarely call upon my friends for help. My response would be; to a degree. It's nearly impossible to solo the ENTIRE game due to the lack of variety of your attacks spells.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
It's a bit difficult to solo Life for a little while in Dragonspyre, Celestia and Wintertusk because you don't get an attack all spell until level 58. Being life helps too of course with all the healing. It's very possible to solo Life, battles with multiple enemies just take quite a bit longer than with other schools until you get Forest Lord.

Defender
Jun 02, 2013
Welcome back Grizzley,

As you remember, each school has its pros/cons. Life school doesn't "hit" quite as hard some of the other schools, however your bolstered healing and base accuracy will assist you greatly in survivability during your duels. As you may, or may not know, Life school doesn't particularly favor AE (Area Effect) spells, and so you will be primarily a single target attacker up until you acquire "Forest Lord" at level 58.

If you have any connection with your old contacts, or you easily make new ones, perhaps a Balance school "friend" is in order. Whatever you decide to do, just remember to have fun.

Best of luck to you

Gabriel

Delver
Mar 17, 2011
XD no way even as life it be really hard to solo once you start hitting them big numbers
level 100 wizard

Survivor
Apr 07, 2013
In my opinion it depends on the strategy you use to beat the game. it is possible to solo but not easy. But you may eventually run into a wall with soloing making it impossible to so i recommend you have a group of friends. hope i helped and see ya in the spiral.

Survivor
Jul 06, 2012
Yes it is possible, probably a bit easier with all the heals but definitely longer time to do so. My brother has a life wizard and has been soloing pretty much all the time. Yes he has asked me and others for help on occasion but usually its him who gets asked for help. Some advice to help you along is do the crafting quests so that you can use crafted gear if you can't buy crowns. Crafted gear ends up being better then most other gear including crown gear in the long run especially for solo players.

Delver
Oct 23, 2011
Of course, anything is possible, but I wouldn't bet on soloing the WHOLE game. Myth has a better (and the best) chance of it.

Survivor
Dec 13, 2008
Thanks everyone! Thanks for the advice and I'll ask if I need help. See you in the Spiral!

Explorer
Jun 19, 2010
I have a Life Wizard with Fire as a second school and a fire necklace. Plus I use fire treasure cards that I can't obtain by using training points or craft. My pet is trained with all defense and heal talents. I find soloing fairly easy except for the big cheating bosses. I do buy henchmen sometimes, or ask for friend help.

It is much easier if you have access to crowns every so often so you can obtain some of the items like the second school necklace which allows you to use those spells for the same pips as you primary school.

I have a friend that has a similar wizard but has Ice as a second. There are many variables and pros and cons for each school. Once you get past Avalon it gets much more difficult and almost all boss fights are much easier with two or three in the battle. But soloing is possible, however plan on a long battle. Add some shuffle cards to your deck or treasure cards. You most likely will need them

You can pick up some real good gear in the "secret bosses" (Gladiator and Tartorus - may be spelled wrong) in the Acropolis side world that will go a long way in adding to your defense, accuracy, and hit strength abilities. Waterworks also has some real good gear, but plan on farming quite a few times to get a full set.

Good luck and enjoy the journey

Rowan Story dreamer