Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

disarm, pierce, need to be adjusted or tweaked

AuthorMessage
Defender
Jun 28, 2013
Hello,

I am sure this happened to a lot of wizards,

Someone casts either a spirit or elemental blade, shield or trap.

Each spell has a different order in which the blades, traps or shields appear.

However they are always the same order for each spell. So then it seems that if you cast DISARM, PIERCE, CLEANSE WARD, then it only removes the first one. Is this fair? I can see the argument for fire saying there blade is always removed and storm & ice are usually safe.
I can name each scenario, you get the point.

The point I am trying to make, is the spell should be more random. And if it is, then I have never seen it in the year that I have been playing.

Any opinions?

Mark Dragonleaf L76 storm, L25 fire, L19 life, L71 balance, L10 myth. L5 death

Survivor
Dec 24, 2010
I think so too, it would be easier if they just put the spell in a different order every time. Meaning :, , , , , And the same way with spirit blade.

Alex Silverstone level 72

Because you know you love tower shield

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
No, I'd rather know what to expect. It's been the way it is for a long time. That's ok.

Defender
Aug 25, 2013
I have a death and an ice. so knowing the order against storm in the later worlds is crucial to me for protecting my blades. I understand this is somewhat unfair for the other schools, but protecting your blades is key against storm. besides an "enfeeble" or "earthquake" removes them all, so in pvp that's more practical anyway.

John RavenCatcher - lvl95
John StormWalker - lvl95
John DragonPyre - lvl55
John FrostShard - lvl63

"Bambi is my old name.
Now.. Now they call me Deer Knight."

Defender
Jun 28, 2013
LOL,

Yea sure you would argue what is good for you, that's human nature! But what is fair for everybody is the spells more random. And as far as what you are use to, I guess you don't like a challenge. Look I am storm, and yes when I cast elemental blade, my blade is protected also. But where is the challenge? I would rather the spell more random and a chance that my blade gets removed, then the same old boring pattern.

Mark Dragonleaf L77 Storm
Mark Dawndust L72 Balance
Mark Shadowleaf L25 Fire
Mark Ravenleaf L19 Life

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
I understand the merits of this idea, but have to disagree. This would only worsen the problems of keeping track of what blades you have up. Keeping them in a predictable order allows everyone to protect their blades better, it's just a little harder for some schools.

Astrologist
Jun 04, 2010
stormkraker on Apr 23, 2014 wrote:
Hello,

I am sure this happened to a lot of wizards,

Someone casts either a spirit or elemental blade, shield or trap.

Each spell has a different order in which the blades, traps or shields appear.

However they are always the same order for each spell. So then it seems that if you cast DISARM, PIERCE, CLEANSE WARD, then it only removes the first one. Is this fair? I can see the argument for fire saying there blade is always removed and storm & ice are usually safe.
I can name each scenario, you get the point.

The point I am trying to make, is the spell should be more random. And if it is, then I have never seen it in the year that I have been playing.

Any opinions?

Mark Dragonleaf L76 storm, L25 fire, L19 life, L71 balance, L10 myth. L5 death
I could only support this suggestion if the elemental/spirit blade/trap were all 0 pip spells, but they aren't. You need to get something for your pip, even if its just simple consistency.