Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Your thoughts on what levels to pvp in 1v1?

AuthorMessage
Explorer
Dec 23, 2010
I think the main levels in pvp in 1v1 are mostly 5,16,30,50, and 95. (I might be wrong)

I personally think level 95 is honestly no fun. It's all damage and high critical, so basically all you need to do is spam, spam, lucky crit no block, spam, spam, win. I seriously see the matches last like 5 minutes.. b-o-r-i-n-g. Critical is something I really don't like about the game, since it is not predictable. And I can't prepare for it in any way.

However, I love pvping in magus, since you have the necessary spells to keep the match interesting, and the higher level tc's to bring home the win. Additionally, you don't have like no health, you have a decent amount to keep you alive you know? *cough* journeymen *cough*

That just my thoughts ^^ what do you think? :)

Mastermind
Jan 23, 2011
natshadowbane on Mar 12, 2014 wrote:
I think the main levels in pvp in 1v1 are mostly 5,16,30,50, and 95. (I might be wrong)

I personally think level 95 is honestly no fun. It's all damage and high critical, so basically all you need to do is spam, spam, lucky crit no block, spam, spam, win. I seriously see the matches last like 5 minutes.. b-o-r-i-n-g. Critical is something I really don't like about the game, since it is not predictable. And I can't prepare for it in any way.

However, I love pvping in magus, since you have the necessary spells to keep the match interesting, and the higher level tc's to bring home the win. Additionally, you don't have like no health, you have a decent amount to keep you alive you know? *cough* journeymen *cough*

Here are the top 3 levels to pvp: 1. Level 50 2. Level 30 3. Level 95.

Champion
Oct 30, 2011

I have personally done best at 18, 50, and 30-35. I agree with you on max level pvp-too much luck involved, and it's not fun.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011

There are several different levels, I prefer level 30 PvP. Its decently hard and requires a lot of thinking. You have to predict what your opponent is going to use, not just if they are going to hit..like max level. You have enough health to stay alive, but it is also a challenge.

But I think the levels most commonly PvPed at are:
5 (easy to achieve), 10 (power pips), 16 (tower shield), 30 (sky iron hasta), 50 (Glendemming's gear), 60 (waterworks/warlord staff) 76 (Avalon crafted gear), 95 (max level/Hades).

I like level 80 PvP, which is uncommon but I do it because you have gotten spear, so you have pierce, and you're under the max level so when you get to Warlord you don't fight other Warlords that are max level. You start out fighting people who are new to PvP at max level. Its just a method I prefer.

Wolf Skullslinger

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
just going to state my pvp characters.

lvl 18
lvl 95
lvl 30
lvl 18
lvl 50
and I just started pvp on my lvl 12 storm. she's going to be my only char that doesn't only do 1v1. her pet gives a tempest with 100% accuracy, so all I need is a good partner, and hopefully she'll be warlord soon.

Defender
Mar 30, 2010
In response to the title of the thread:

Absolutely none. The Shadow Magic has killed the arena.

It's make it just luck and no skill just shrike, cast and win!

Which is what people want, I guess. NO thinking at all. No strategy. NO planning just try and make them fizzle and try and shrike and cast yours.

I'm so disappointed with what arena is turning into. This is used to be an awesome game that's slowly getting worse with each update.

It's a shame. It really is. The new ideas are hurting the game and literally killing the arena.

Eliminiate Shadow Magic, it's awful.

Very awful.

Thank you.

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:

Which is what people want, I guess. NO thinking at all. No strategy. NO planning just try and make them fizzle and try and shrike and cast yours.

I'm so disappointed with what arena is turning into. This is used to be an awesome game that's slowly getting worse with each update.

It's a shame. It really is. The new ideas are hurting the game and literally killing the arena.

Very awful.

Thank you.
Tips, when you are on the recieving end of someone who is probably going to shrike you should always keep a shield up, use black mantle (TC or regular for balance, doesn't matter), and stuns. Those are 3 things that will probably up the amount of backlash they will receive. You could end up doing a total of 1k damage to them with their own backlash.

Wolf Skullslinger

Mastermind
Mar 05, 2011
AutumnJ23 on Mar 17, 2014 wrote:
just going to state my pvp characters.

lvl 18
lvl 95
lvl 30
lvl 18
lvl 50
and I just started pvp on my lvl 12 storm. she's going to be my only char that doesn't only do 1v1. her pet gives a tempest with 100% accuracy, so all I need is a good partner, and hopefully she'll be warlord soon.
What pet is that! I need to look into that! And my PvP characters are as follows:

level 91 and 36 (I dont' do much on them atm)
level 81
and level 25 (soon to level 30)
level 30
level 13
level 10

The Wolf pack..haha
P.S. seriously tell me about that pet!

Astrologist
Dec 16, 2009
ViciousVenomousVix... on Mar 20, 2014 wrote:

Very awful.

Thank you.
It takes an incredible amount of thinking and planning to survive in today's fast paced meta. It requires thinking and good strategy to counter shrike and to utilize your own winning strategy. Playing shrike does not equal "auto-win"

Mastermind
Oct 11, 2010

1v1 is the only decent battles for level 50 to 60 max. I face high 80's often and rarely lose because critical is not out of control before level 90.