Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Power Pip Wand with no Spells

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
I had heard that there was a wand that gave a power pip, but had no spells on it. Has anyone heard of such a wand? If so, what is it called and how would I go about getting it?

Adherent
Mar 12, 2010
Scardey42 on Feb 17, 2014 wrote:
I had heard that there was a wand that gave a power pip, but had no spells on it. Has anyone heard of such a wand? If so, what is it called and how would I go about getting it?
There are many wands that give a Power Pip. On this link, you can click on each one for details on them:

http://www.wizard101central.com/wiki/index.php?title=Category:Power_Pip_Giving_Wands&until=Glinting+Dragon+Lance+(Level+90%2B)

Survivor
Aug 29, 2013
I know what you mean but I don't think there is such thing. There are crafted wands in Wintertusk which give a power pip, but do not give one of the small attack spells. These ones give stuff like heals, dispels, shields, and rank four attack spells from various schools.

Survivor
Feb 04, 2010
Thank you for the responses. I have power pip wants, just thought I saw a banner on one of the wiki's that had no spells on it, just couldn't find it again.

Champion
Mar 27, 2011
I wish there was such a thing. One or two cards would be ok. Most wands have too many cards if you are using a small deck.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
This is really something that mostly only pvp players would want. They should make it an arena ticket item.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
This is really something that mostly only pvp players would want. They should make it an arena ticket item.
Oh goodness no. PvPers usually use larger decks. I want a low pip or no pip wand for bosses and farming. When you are counting on drawing a certain card on the first or second round 5 wand spells can be a real pain.

Two versions - one with damage and accuracy boosts for hitting; one with block & outgoing health boost for buffing / healing / tank.

Pretty Please?

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gemma Luna on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Oh goodness no. PvPers usually use larger decks. I want a low pip or no pip wand for bosses and farming. When you are counting on drawing a certain card on the first or second round 5 wand spells can be a real pain.

Two versions - one with damage and accuracy boosts for hitting; one with block & outgoing health boost for buffing / healing / tank.

Pretty Please?
Sorry, I don't know of any PvPers who use large decks. A good strategy depends on having the spells you need immediately. Most use a small deck and carry a few TC reshuffles for emergency. Wands rarely get in the way for Boss farming, a decent wand only has 4 cards anyways.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
I would definitely us a no-pip or low pip wand for PvE if it had good stats.

Even 4 or 5 cards get in the way sometimes, and some of the best stats are on wands that give extra cards, which is really a pain.

Hero
Aug 18, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 19, 2014 wrote:
Please no! It's something I want very much, and I don't want to do PvP for tickets.

I'll gladly farm for it if it drops, or buy it for crowns.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 20, 2014 wrote:
Sorry, I don't know of any PvPers who use large decks. A good strategy depends on having the spells you need immediately. Most use a small deck and carry a few TC reshuffles for emergency. Wands rarely get in the way for Boss farming, a decent wand only has 4 cards anyways.
I don't know who you know, but typically a high level PvP match lasts 20 minutes or longer, while a team PvE fight should never go more than 5 or 6 rounds. Look at the guides on Duelist to see typical PvP decks, then look on Central at what M4H & TAS use for bosses. The PvP decks are bigger. The best crown wands now have 5 or more cards. I'd like less.

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Gemma Luna on Feb 21, 2014 wrote:
I don't know who you know, but typically a high level PvP match lasts 20 minutes or longer, while a team PvE fight should never go more than 5 or 6 rounds. Look at the guides on Duelist to see typical PvP decks, then look on Central at what M4H & TAS use for bosses. The PvP decks are bigger. The best crown wands now have 5 or more cards. I'd like less.
Actually a lot of the tutorials on Duelist show 8-12 card decks with only reshuffle TC. High level team matches may take that long. 1v1 take a couple rounds. I never said anything about Crown wands, I said DECENT wands.

Geographer
Sep 07, 2011
seethe42 on Feb 23, 2014 wrote:
Actually a lot of the tutorials on Duelist show 8-12 card decks with only reshuffle TC. High level team matches may take that long. 1v1 take a couple rounds. I never said anything about Crown wands, I said DECENT wands.
Having it available to all lets it be used in PvP and PvE. There is no reason to exclude the rest of us. Arena tickets would limit it unnecessarily.

Some of the best stats at level in the game are on 5 and 6 card wands, crown and otherwise. I would like stats like that on a wand with 3 or fewer.