Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Aquila drops

AuthorMessage
Survivor
May 09, 2009
I have a problem with Tartarus. I have taken my balance thru that dungeon no less that 70x and have yet to get the robe. I have been silent until now. I play with another wizard and he has gotten all his wizards gear ( 5 in all ) and i cant even get one of mine done. This is ridiculous and am getting fed up with this. Please make this more fair so that it doesnt discourage those of us that have given it an honest try. Thanks!

Survivor
Aug 31, 2011
I understand the disappointment and stress. I have done Tartarus many times but I really had no goal on what I wanted, just wanted to see what I'd get. I guess it is really just luck but for better drops, I believe there is something you can do to improve the chances of good gear. The thing that you can do is kill Hades on either the fourth or sixth round. You don't have to worry about his brothers yet, you just want to have Hades defeated by then. I don't know if you know this or not but I am going to say it anyway. Hades eventually says," The Sands of your Time are Running Out!" This means that you are going to have a decreased chance of getting good drops after. So that's why you want to kill Hades on those specific rounds. Hope this helps and good luck with the gear!

Archon
Sep 17, 2012
Nick7312 on Jan 29, 2014 wrote:
I understand the disappointment and stress. I have done Tartarus many times but I really had no goal on what I wanted, just wanted to see what I'd get. I guess it is really just luck but for better drops, I believe there is something you can do to improve the chances of good gear. The thing that you can do is kill Hades on either the fourth or sixth round. You don't have to worry about his brothers yet, you just want to have Hades defeated by then. I don't know if you know this or not but I am going to say it anyway. Hades eventually says," The Sands of your Time are Running Out!" This means that you are going to have a decreased chance of getting good drops after. So that's why you want to kill Hades on those specific rounds. Hope this helps and good luck with the gear!
There's nothing true about that "Sands of Time" statement. He repeats that statement every time he does his DOT attack. It has nothing to do with drops at all. Killing Hades first also has a risk that you will get no drops at all. If you kill Hades, then you die and flee and port back, you will get nothing. If you kill the others first, and die, flee and port back before Hades dies, you still get drops. I personnally prefer to kill all at once.