Welcome to the Wizard101 Message Boards

Player Guide
Fansites
News
Game Updates
Help

Follow important game updates on Twitter @Wizard101 and @KI_Alerts, and Facebook!

For all account questions and concerns, contact Customer Support.

By posting on the Wizard101 Message Boards you agree to the Code of Conduct.

Mika Skarka on getting to Avalon

AuthorMessage
Survivor
Mar 28, 2013
Hello there I am on the quest to defeat Mika Skarka and I am a level 72 wizard and am having trouble defeating him. My health is slightly under 4000 and have all the spells from my teacher up to Chimera. I also have all the spells except for wraith and all of the spells available through training points. I have a good critical rating for and have a decent block rating for all of the schools. If anyone has any good tips for me please reply to this topic.
P.S. Only spell I have is amplify and critical one in my tc. Only spell I have is Polymorph into gobbler including a few tc polymorph spells. The only spells I have are strong and giant including a few good tc.

Survivor
Oct 05, 2010
I'm a Balance Wizard too, and I while I was initially terrified about fighting a boss like that all alone, I developed a strategy that helped me immensely. In fact, I ended up defeating him on my first try. Here are a few of my personal tips:

1. Pack a few life shield treasure cards. If the boss has too many pips for comfort, throwing a shield up can really help in the health department.

2. Pack a few healing treasure cards too, such as Satyr or even Dryad. Balance has a few healing spells of their own, but I find that packing some Life ones never hurts.

3. Since I see you're trained in death, feint will be extremely useful in really boosting your attacks.

4. I also see you're trained in storm, so some spells from there may help in taking a good chunk out of the boss's health. Stormzilla may be particularly useful, especially for getting rid of that minion quickly.

And finally...

5. Don't give up! I had a pretty good balance critical and all-around critical block just like you when I was on that quest, and I found with a little bit of planning, patience, and a few lucky critical hits, I was able to take Mika Skarka down. Best of luck to you, and I hope I helped a little bit!

-Ashley Mythblade, Archmage Sorcerer